Thread: Change, Change-that's what's up!

Sports Logo

Default Change, Change-that's what's up!

This is my first Thread and it sounds a bit crazy, but after watching the game tonight you guys may understand that. Perhaps it's a little cry for help in these dark Pacers days but I wanted to point out, that something needs to change...and no I don't think it's enough when Granger is healthy!

So I have a good idea: When we keep playing like tonight all year, we can give the youngsters a lot of playing time, means we need no sarters, means we can trade or give them away, means we save a lot of money, means we can buy some new young players! And the funny thing about it is, I would prefer watching this young team more than the current team...hehe I am crazy right now but I mean where is the difference when you loose by 40 either way?

Indiana isn't a team like Boston, which has the money to buy new Stars. Indiana is also no team which can play for the lottery, hoping we get John Wall!
    So we need to produce out of the talentlevel we have and can get with our money. We need to focus extremeley on the young guys and build a kind of base around Granger before trying to get some other allstartype players (who also won't be interested before sth changes)!
    Hey wake up this is the NBA, and everybody who plays in there must have any talent!
    I just hate these moneygame,

removed this part because PD can't handle it

When the team doesn't work, we buy one there and one there instead of trying to build our guys up!!!

You can imagine that I am a big fan of the things going on in Oklahoma these days. They did what I mentioned before, they let the young guys play and they do everything to build around Durant, but not with big trades but with focus on the youngsters! They are in a pretty good position to make a run next year! I also like what happens in Sacramento, Memphis and of course in Houston. They play people who aren't big time players yet, but look where they are in the standings!

I mean nothing against Bird and his offseason moves, I pretty much liked them but what are we doing? We have a lot of young players with talent and we added some good new Freeagents with talent, but they get no time.
    It's also not good to always shake the rooster up that much...adding 7 new faces every year makes a strong start hard ( I know this is another argument, but I wanted to point that out^^).

So I am not a coach or a person who understands this business game very well but I hope and pray that we keep focusing on our young guys and stop trying to make those senseless playoff pushes right now!
    Patience is the damn key to success and it starts with building up what you have!

So give Price, McRoberts ( I love him, don't know why^^), Rush, Hibbert, Head, Hansbrough and Solo more minutes and give them some good training, means somebody should talk to them a lot and get into their heads to focus on important things like fouls or confidence when shooting ...!!! Together with Danny, Dahntay and perhaps Dunleavy they are the future to build around!

So let's see what you guys think about my first thread
    Go Pacers, even today!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Change, Change-that's what's up!

First of all, welcome.

Second, lots of us want to see more minutes for the young guys.

Third, I guess you said you didn't know much about the business side of things but it's way easier said than done to trade or give away most of our players. Especially if you want to basically sit them down, which kills any trade value they may otherwise have had.

Fourth, please don't shake the rooster!
    Last edited by gummy; 12-27-2009 at 09:28 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It could be worse...

kofi?
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Mood

When something shows up that shouldn't be, choosing to start a public discussion versus coming to us privately doesn't exactly help.

I wouldn't site the Thunder as an example of anything good, sure they have great young players, lotto picks up and down the line-up. But their owner stole the team from Seattle. I just find it hard to look at anything they do as good, IMO. Imagine being a Sonics fan, and having Durant taken away from you!

The other teams also had great picks in the draft, we just haven't had that kind of luck, and I do believe it has a lot to do with luck. We just can't seem to be bad enough to get a high pick and get it right. So I guess that does have something to do with smarts on the GM level, but we haven't had a high pick in years. The other teams you mentioned have had many years of high picks.

I feel your pain though, but in the end there are no easy answers to this one.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't site the Thunder has an example of anything good, sure they got great young players, lotto picks up and down the line-up. But their owner stole the team from Seattle. I just find it hard to look at anything they do as good, IMO. Imagine being a Sonics fan, and having Durant taken away from you!

The other teams also had great picks in the draft, we just haven't had that kind of luck, and I do believe it has a lot to do with luck. We just can't seem to be bad enough to get a high pick and get it right. So I guess that does have something to do with smarts on the GM level, but we haven't had a high pick in years. The other teams you mentioned have had many years of high picks.

I feel your pain though, but in the end there are no easy answers to this one.
    Disagree. What the owner does with the location of the team doesn't always impact what the players do on the court. The Thunder are really building into something good.

As a fan, yes. It would hurt, because the Sonics were established the same year we were, and try looking at something you enjoyed for 41 years up and leave you due to local government and franchise ownership not getting along.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Disagree. What the owner does with the location of the team doesn't always impact what the players do on the court. The Thunder are really building into something good.

As a fan, yes. It would hurt, because the Sonics were established the same year we were, and try looking at something you enjoyed for 41 years up and leave you due to local government and franchise ownership not getting along.
    Not sure what you disagree with... I was really speaking from a Sonics fan perspective, that's all. And yes they are building something great, for sure. They will be in the playoffs for years to come, but I just hate to see a team with such history be taken away from a city. The owner is a smart man, and a smart business owner, but he broke the hearts of Sonics fans, and that's what my point was.
    Last edited by odeez; 12-27-2009 at 09:55 PM.

Mood

Not sure what you disagree with... I was really speaking from a Sonics fan perspective, that's all. And yes they are building something great, for sure. They will be in the playoffs for years to come, but I just hate to seem a team with such history be taken away from a city. The owner is a smart man, a smart a smart business owner, but he broke the hearts of Sonics fans, and that's what my point was.
    This:
    I wouldn't cite the Thunder as an example of anything good.
    If that is the case then you are contradicting yourself. I get what you mean about a "fan's perspective", but there really isn't any other perspective. How could you not use them as an example of "anything good" when you say that they are "building something great"?

Sorry, just trying to get un-confused.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This:

If that is the case then you are contradicting yourself. I get what you mean about a "fan's perspective", but there really isn't any other perspective. How could you not use them as an example of "anything good" when you say that they are "building something great"?

Sorry, just trying to get un-confused.
    Ahh yes, thanks, I see now, the way they are putting together that team is something good, and yes I was contradicting my self. I was letting my passion speak for my brain.

Mood

Ahh yes, thanks, I see now, the way they are putting together that team is something good, and yes I was contradicting my self. I was letting my passion speak for my brain.
    It happens.