Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 137 of 137

Thread: Pacers vs. Heat Game Thread

  1. #126
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Heat Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    d_c, you're working awful hard to **** on Tyler right now. Especially for a non-Pacer fan.
    Sorry about that. Fanboyism of any one particular player is just one of my peeves.

    I don't even have anything against Hasnbrough. I give that guy credit. He's better than I thought he'd be.

  2. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Heat Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So as long as Hansbrough gets some rebounds and gets to the line, even if it's against the other team's scrubs in garbage time with his team getting blown out, everything else is cool?

    Your boy got fouled 5 times. In garbage time. Playing against a so-so opponent. Against their scrubs. While getting blown out.

    Congratulations.
    What's your point? On this team that performance is pretty damn good.

    GRH has no perspective, but neither do you.

  3. #128
    Da Mouf Squirrelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tyler's Trophy Cabinet
    Posts
    259

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Heat Game Thread

    This is the worst Pacers team in the last 20 - 25 years. No doubt about that.

  4. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Lafayette, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    437

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Heat Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to disagree, you don't get to the NBA without talent. Again, he is a rookie, he will make the adjustments he needs to make over the next few years. His mid range shot is actually not that bad. Post moves need lots of work, But again this is the NBA and all players have to make adjustments. I would like to hear your defintion of a "talented NBA player"?
    I didn't say that he didn't have talent. I said for an NBA player, he isn't talented. He works hard, he wants to win, that's it.

    He isn't a good defensive player, offensively his game is based on sweat, and muscle. Not talent.

  5. #130
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Heat Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's your point? On this team that performance is pretty damn good.

    GRH has no perspective, but neither do you.
    The perspective is that this was a garbage time game from the word go and I wouldn't be acclaiming any individual's performance after the team played like that. This is a poor team with no Granger and a hobbling Dunleavy.

    Hansbrough is better than I thought and he looks like an NBA player, but I just find it ridiculous to hoot and holler about any one player's performance in the context of a game like this when he didn't even make a shot from the field. JMO.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:


  7. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Heat Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So as long as Hansbrough gets some rebounds and gets to the line, even if it's against the other team's scrubs in garbage time with his team getting blown out, everything else is cool?

    Your boy got fouled 5 times. In garbage time. Playing against a so-so opponent. Against their scrubs. While getting blown out.

    Congratulations.
    I realize that this team's a mess and is going nowhere in a hurry. Rather than sit around and cry over how terrible it is or how the coach needs fired, I'm more interested in looking for the guys who look like they could be a significant part in turning the franchise around. Hansbrough is one of the few guys on this team that I see that in, despite his low field goal percentage (Granger and Hibbert are the others), so yes I'm going to be on the guy's bandwagon. That's part of that whole 'being a fan' thing. My sincere apologies if that offends you for whatever bizarre reason.
    Last edited by Lance George; 12-27-2009 at 10:06 PM.

  8. #132
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Heat Game Thread

    I think it is fine if someone wants to look at the bright spots in any game, garbage time or not. It's all just a matter of perception. I agree this team is just awful, but in the context of a young players career, it is important time. Anytime on the floor garbage or not is meaningful. So if your a fan of said player, go right ahead and tout his play.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  9. #133
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Heat Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I realize that this team's a mess and is going nowhere in a hurry. Rather than sit around and cry over how terrible it is or how the coach needs fired, I'm more interested in looking for the guys who look like they could be a significant part in turning the franchise around. Hansbrough is one of the few guys on this team that I see that in, despite his low field goal percentage (Granger and Hibbert are the others), so yes I'm going to be on the guy's bandwagon. That's part of that whole 'being a fan' thing. My sincere apologies if that offends you for whatever bizarre reason.
    No need to apologize, Tyler is going to be great. Not a Superstar, but a important player in this league for years to come. Some people like to look for any negative and harp on it. You either like a player or not, but some like to look for the negatives in player and bang away at it, I think it is fun for some to do so. Some folks like to cheer for a player they like. So don't apologize for liking Tyler. I like him as well and I think it is is hard work and determination that will make him get better. He is still just a rookie for goodness sakes, he is absolutely going to get better, IMO.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  10. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Your Dreams.
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Heat Game Thread

    Even though Hansbrough missed all of his shots.. All of them were also good looks I thought. A couple rimmed out.

  11. #135

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Heat Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it is fine if someone wants to look at the bright spots in any game, garbage time or not. It's all just a matter of perception. I agree this team is just awful, but in the context of a young players career, it is important time. Anytime on the floor garbage or not is meaningful. So if your a fan of said player, go right ahead and tout his play.
    True enough, if one was to try to be positive, what else could you possibly talk about?

    We got Hansbrough and a new coach to look forward to. What I like about Tyler is he can play well with any group they put on the floor. Other guys on the team need different kinds of players to excel and win on the court. Like Hibbert. If he has 4 defensive minded players on the court with him he is going to be very effective around the rim blocking shots on D, and he can be the man in the half court offense. Put him on the floor with Murphy and Dunleavy and you will think he is terribad. But he is bad with other players who have serious defensive problems. He can be a great defensive player with the right group of guys on the floor together.
    Hansbrough will be good with any group of players on the floor. I see that as a good thing.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  13. #136

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Heat Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give it a rest man. About all you can say after a game like this is that Tyler, Head, and AJ were once again the only bright spots in a sea of terrible. And none of the three were all that bright.

    The kid isn't a bust. Awesome. He still has problems.

    Now what the **** are we going to do about this god awful team.
    Maybe said bright spots could get more playing time, and therefore be bright spots for more than just garbage time..

  14. #137
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Heat Game Thread

    When the team is down double digits a few minutes into the 1st quarter, the majority of the game is garbage time.

Similar Threads

  1. 11/22/2008 Game Thread #12: Pacers at Heat
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 01:54 PM
  2. My Original Article
    By scar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 09:17 AM
  3. 6/1/2004 ECF Playoff Game Thread: Pacers at Pistons (Game 6)
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 288
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 11:42 PM
  4. 5/18/2004 2nd Round Playoff Game Thread: Pacers at Heat (Game 6)
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 11:01 PM
  5. 5/15/2004 2nd Round Playoff Game Thread: Pacers at Heat (Game 5)
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 11:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •