Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McGrady leaves Rockets

Default Re: McGrady leaves Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by WetBob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My thinking exactly, just throwing out the fact that it works.
    For what it's worth the trader checker on RealGm shows that it doesn't work. TMac makes more then 125% of the combined total of Murphy and TJ's salaries. We'd have to throw in 3rd. player or try a 4 for 3 trade. It's all irrelevant since Houston wouldn't go for any of these scenarios anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    For what it's worth the trader checker on RealGm shows that it doesn't work. TMac makes more then 125% of the combined total of Murphy and TJ's salaries. We'd have to throw in 3rd. player or try a 4 for 3 trade. It's all irrelevant since Houston wouldn't go for any of these scenarios anyway.
    Yes, but I believe these issues exist with any team they try to trade McGrady to. Maybe I'm just hoping here, but if every team is stonewalled with the same issues maybe our trade offer will actually be the best for their team.

Who knows?

-- Steve --

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Any Tmac trade will likely involve more than 2 teams given the salary of Tmac.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Houston is going to have to pay some of that salary it would seem. Why in this day and age would any team want to take on that kind of commitment for TMac at this point in his career? Houston should have at least showcased him imo, we really have no idea how healthy he is. If it is the old TMac then it is a different story.

Now that I realize he is an expiring I feel differently about this...guess I should've checked first...he is still WAY overpaid though.
    Last edited by HC; 12-29-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: correction
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Any Tmac trade will likely involve more than 2 teams given the salary of Tmac.
    So, maybe this is where the Murphy to Cleveland idea could come in? I have no idea what the total list of players would be, but it would involve Z going to Houston, then being bought out to allow him to return to Cleveland. That also helps Houston stay under the maximum number of players on their roster.

Cleveland likely may have to include West and/or Parker. The Pacers would likely have to include Ford and either Diener or Rush. Houston would include a minimum $ player, again for roster numbers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    Houston is going to have to pay some of that salary it would seem. Why in this day and age would any team want to take on that kind of commitment for TMac at this point in his career? Houston should have at least showcased him imo, we really have no idea how healthy he is. If it is the old TMac then it is a different story.

Now that I realize he is an expiring I feel differently about this...guess I should've checked first...he is still WAY overpaid though.
    Considering some people have reported the salary cap for next year could be as low as 50 or 60, having his huge deal come off the books would be pretty awesome.

Especially if it included dumping Murphy and Ford's salaries. Wishful thinking though.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Word is Houston rejected a T-Mac-for-Arenas deal...

ESPN.com reported Saturday that the Washington Wizards had reached out to the Rockets in an exploratory manner about a possible Gilbert Arenas-for-McGrady swap, but Houston has no interest in such a deal. Arenas ranks as one of the league's most difficult players to move with four seasons left after this one on a mammoth $111 million contract and a history of knee problems to rival McGrady's.

Wow. I guess I wasn't up with current events. Washington is totally done with Arenas?

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    comparing Tracy McGrady to a terrorist is not cool ,satire or not.
    So you failed the SATs then?

I'm comparing the RELATIONSHIP of STATEMENT to ACTION. J.Fn.C. do some people go way out of their way to be offended. A is to B as C is to D DOES NOT MEAN that A is like C. Ever. They could be the same, but that logic statement in no way makes that assumption or comparison. Only you do because you want to be all worked up over a imagined issue.

It was a brilliant rebuttal of the actual point, ie that TMac's words do not match the behavior. The old "Chewbacca does not make sense" method.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Wow. I guess I wasn't up with current events. Washington is totally done with Arenas?
    Not necessarily that so much as they wouldn't mind at all to shed that mammoth salary off their payroll.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I think they would be if he could come off the books nearly immediately.

The problem is that his deal might be the worst out there right now given his production and attitude issues the last year or so. He's coming off as a prima donna and you still owe him basically $20m a year for FOUR MORE years after this one?

Yeesh, I'll stop whining about Troy and Dun now.

I don't see how the Rockets would view Troy and TJ as the help they need, partially given Morey's view on intangible defensive stats. I'd have to assume he has a book (or could work one up) on both of them that isn't favorable on that end of the court.

They could use help and might not mind adding 1 extra year of TMac salary if those players were fitting into their needs. Foster and (someone) I could see, but I'm not sure how we'd get them to take our real salary hits (Dun, Troy, TJ).

It would have to cost you the draft pick this year at least, so maybe Foster, TJ, Troy, pick for their pick and TMac....maybe. Losing that pick is rough. OTOH if you can still get Sanders (VCU) at their spot and you reduce a ton of salary and the PG issues it is interesting.

Since I'm not sure how the salary clear helps the team next year more than the pick, I don't see the Pacers having interest. Unless it's a case of "we must move if we don't clear their deals".

Ultimately it would cost us quite a bit to remove one year of salary (TMac amount).

Banned
    Mood

It's nothing more than a salary dump for Washington. They've got a ton of money tied up in the Arenas/Jamison/Butler trio and not a lot of success to show for it. My guess is they'd move one of the two others if they had to, but Arenas' injuries have made him the odd-man-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    So you failed the SATs then?

I'm comparing the RELATIONSHIP of STATEMENT to ACTION. J.Fn.C. do some people go way out of their way to be offended. A is to B as C is to D DOES NOT MEAN that A is like C. Ever. They could be the same, but that logic statement in no way makes that assumption or comparison. Only you do because you want to be all worked up over a imagined issue.

It was a brilliant rebuttal of the actual point, ie that TMac's words do not match the behavior. The old "Chewbacca does not make sense" method.
    Ha ha ha I can totally tell when Naptown gets pissed. He goes from Caps to abbreviations in mid sentence.

Mood

With Arenas' injuries they will not be able to find anywhere to move him.

Banned

according to the espn trade machine a trade for Murphy, Foster and Watson for him could work, the thing is that the pacers are maybe asking for a first round pick just to include Foster(sarcasm )

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    With Arenas' injuries they will not be able to find anywhere to move him.
    They had their chance to take Tinsley, Murphy and TJ's contracts. Of course, the CIB would need to come up with 50 million somehow...