Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Stay classy, L.A.

  1. #1
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Stay classy, L.A.

    Both the players and the fans. And on Christmas...

  2. #2
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,638

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    didn't see game. What happened?

    edit - oh, I'm reading about them throwing their foam hands on the court. Guess it was more than just that though

  3. #3
    Pride B00sh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Age
    21
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    i think they through water bottles too but anyways to sum it up...

    derek fisher about knocked out mo williams, lebron got upset, players bicker for a couple of minutes, lamar odom gets ejected, i think ron artest got a technical as well(kobe got one earlier in the game), fans are booing, players still bickering, lakers get called for a delay of game and phil jackson gets a technical for not subbing in a player for odom..and fans start to throw foam fingers on court..

  4. #4
    Member IndyProdigy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    354

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by B00sh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think they through water bottles too but anyways to sum it up...

    derek fisher about knocked out mo williams, lebron got upset, players bicker for a couple of minutes, lamar odom gets ejected, i think ron artest got a technical as well(kobe got one earlier in the game), fans are booing, players still bickering, lakers get called for a delay of game and phil jackson gets a technical for not subbing in a player for odom..and fans start to throw foam fingers on court..
    god forbid the lakers lose, especially at home. im glad they lost. they need to know theyre not invincible. L.A. fans are a bunch of spoiled brats anyway. how would they react if they had the pacers, nets, twolves, etc...
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

  5. #5

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyProdigy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    god forbid the lakers lose, especially at home. im glad they lost. they need to know theyre not invincible. L.A. fans are a bunch of spoiled brats anyway. how would they react if they had the pacers, nets, twolves, etc...
    Well .... they actually have worse .... the Clippers ....

    -- Steve --

  6. #6
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    You too, Shade.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  7. #7
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,468

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by B00sh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think they through water bottles too but anyways to sum it up...

    derek fisher about knocked out mo williams, lebron got upset, players bicker for a couple of minutes, lamar odom gets ejected, i think ron artest got a technical as well(kobe got one earlier in the game), fans are booing, players still bickering, lakers get called for a delay of game and phil jackson gets a technical for not subbing in a player for odom..and fans start to throw foam fingers on court..
    They should probably suspend the team for half the season and ban some of the fans for
    throwing objects. (slight sarcasm intended)
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  8. #8
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,799

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well .... they actually have worse .... the Clippers ....

    -- Steve --
    Except they have a potential all-world PF coming back to them shortly.

  9. #9
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    That was crazy to watch.. Everyone was throwing their fingers on the court and then started throwing water bottles.

    Fisher straight up pushed mo williams and I think should of been ejected and the crazy thing is ron artest was no where to be found!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    While the reactions were classless. The officiating was horrid.

  11. #11
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the crazy thing is ron artest was no where to be found!
    I wondered about that what happened to him?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  12. #12

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except they have a potential all-world PF coming back to them shortly.
    Yes, another career soon to be ruined by being on the Clippers

    -- Steve --

  13. #13
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wondered about that what happened to him?
    Well, apparently, the madness caught up with him later on and he fell down a flight of stairs at his house.

  14. #14
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, apparently, the madness caught up with him later on and he fell down a flight of stairs at his house.
    Really? Are you serious?

    EDIT: WOW.

    Hard to discount the "Artest curse" after Christmas day.

    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/ba...terstitialskip



    Couldn't have happened to a nicer team.
    Last edited by Los Angeles; 12-26-2009 at 03:31 PM.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  15. #15
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583


  16. #16
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? Are you serious?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4772612

    Trouble follows that boy like a lost puppy.

  17. #17
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Destroying the Lakers is only a portion of what Artest owes us for destroying our team. Now if he could screw up the Celtics and then wipe the Bulls from the face of the earth, we might be even.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Dude had an accident at home and got injured and you guys are all but salivating.

    Wasn't this thread about staying classy?

    Get well Ron Ron.

  19. #19
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    The officiating was not that bad. It was physical on both sides.

  20. #20
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude had an accident at home and got injured and you guys are all but salivating.

    Wasn't this thread about staying classy?

    Get well Ron Ron.
    Ron has an incredibly long history of bizarre behavior followed by cover-ups. I won't take any story about him at face value any more. I'm not saying it isn't true, heck, you never know. But if the real story comes out that he was attacked in his sleep by a vampire, I'd be the first one to come around and say "he makes everyone around him suck."
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:


  22. #21
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,607
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Destroying the Lakers is only a portion of what Artest owes us for destroying our team. Now if he could screw up the Celtics and then wipe the Bulls from the face of the earth, we might be even.
    Throw in the earth opening up and swallowing Auburn Hills while the Pistons are playing and then I'd call it even.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  23. #22
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,189
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    I disagree the officiating was horrible. It was like the rentals were back.

  24. #23

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude had an accident at home and got injured and you guys are all but salivating.

    Wasn't this thread about staying classy?

    Get well Ron Ron.

    If there's anything I dislike is about the Colts fanbase is that they talk about how classy they are and talk about how others aren't classy.

    If you are actually classy you wouldn't have to mention other people being anything but.

    Personally I found it funny its not as if anyone was being personally hurt by it(if they were I'd feel differently of course) and I'll take that reaction over a passionless crowd which is how the Lakers fans are at least the ones that can afford to sit at the lower level.

  25. #24
    Member IndyProdigy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    354

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well .... they actually have worse .... the Clippers ....

    -- Steve --
    at LEAST the clips look good on paper. the pacers dont even have that much. the clippers just have management and chemistry issues. the talent is there.
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

  26. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Stay classy, L.A.

    I saw this. The foam finger throwing was classless, but thowing the water bottles is just dangerous.

    I personally think that the NBA needs to send a strong message about crap like this. If should be a technical foul on the home team, if not a technical foul for each object thrown.

    Also, I would like to see the coaches get on the P.A. and ask the crowd to act like...well.adults

Similar Threads

  1. Stay Classy Eagles Fans...
    By travmil in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 07:37 PM
  2. Boozer, Okur to stay with Jazz
    By indyblue47 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 07:54 PM
  3. Pacers Free Agents to Sign and Not
    By rocksballer58 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 09:06 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 10:30 AM
  5. SacBee: Vlade may not stay put
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 01:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •