SAC gets:

TJ Ford 2 yr, $17M
    Troy Murphy 2 yr, $23M

POR gets:

Andres Nocioni 3 yr, $21M

IND gets:

Kenny Thomas 1 yr, $7.5M
    Andre Miller 3 yr, $21.8M

Portland - This deal is with the assumption that Portland wants to get rid of Andre Miller. They get a bigger body in Nocioni, and with the injuries to their front court and wings, they could really use the bigger body. This would make them more versatile in their front court and Nocioni is a tough-nosed player that would complement Roy on the wing as well. This is all of course, based on the Blazers feeling confident with Blake and Bayless as their PG's, which I think they are.

Sacramento - They get a ton of value here, because they get two more talented veterans to backup their young starters. They give up Nocioni and Thomas, who are two guys that don't really have much of a role on the team. (Or I would love to pull off a Thomas for Murphy deal). This deal for Sacramento is not something they would have to do and the amount of money for them might be a hang-up, but they are clearly getting a talent upgrade.

Indiana - Well, we alleviate our 2010-2011 LT issue by getting an expiring for a two year deal. We get rid of two players that do not fit our core roster. We get one tough PF who can just fill in for us for the year, and we get a veteran pass-first PG who is a good decision maker. Yes he has three years left but the third is only partially guaranteed just in case. I think Miller is the perfect type of veteran that AJ Price can learn from and he can step into the backup role next year. Miller would be able to set up wing players much better by PASSING the ball to the wings where they can do something with it. Rush, Dunleavy and Granger would benefit tremendously from having him. Also, this would allow us to be more effective in feeding the post because not all of our offense would be ball-domination from the top of the key. I like Andre Miller's game for our roster. And maybe he is the guy that brings stability to our young guys. We also save some money in this deal to have the flexibility to trade next year.

Default Re: SAC/POR/IND

Sac really wants Nocioni out of there, and no one wants him.

If you gave KT to Portland, that would be better for them.

Then give someone to us I guess to fill it out.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.