Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jeff Foster update (02/01/10: Out for the season; back surgery)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jeff Foster update (02/01/10: Out for the season; back surgery)

Totally called this a while back.

Angry Re: Jeff Foster update (02/01/10: Out for the season; back surgery)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know about that. How about Bender or Tinsley, just to name a couple?
    exactly, those 2 are much worse.
    anyway, as a pacer fan, i have come to expect the worst every time when it comes to anything like injuries or illness.
    i wouldn't be surprised if he is done. i kind of expect it with our luck. hell, i wouldn't be shocked if tyler was done too while were at it.
    i said this a few years ago in another thread when someone spoke of the pacers having bad karma.
    i don't know much about karma but, i do know about luck. the pacers have 2 kinds: bad and none at all.
    it really seems like we never can catch any breaks... ever.
    Last edited by clownskull; 02-03-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    exactly, those 2 are much worse.
    anyway, as a pacer fan, i have come to expect the worst every time when it comes to anything like injuries or illness.
    i wouldn't be surprised if he is done. i kind of expect it with our luck. hell, i wouldn't be shocked if tyler was done too while were at it.
    i said this a few years ago in another thread when someone spoke of the pacers having bad karma.
    i don't know much about karma but, i do know about luck. the pacers have 2 kinds: bad and none at all.
    it really seems like we never can catch any breaks... ever.
    I don't know about ever. I would say getting Danny Granger at 17 was definitely a break. Ironically, the only reason he dropped that far was because of injury concerns.

ok, getting granger was a break. and yes it was due to injury concerns. although he has of course been injured all year and i doubt he will get healthy this year.
    so when we do get a break, it seems really like it is more of a tease.

I have some inside information on Jeff but it may not be 100% correct due to the fact that Jeff is a human being and he might change his decision,but as of right now i am confident that he will be retiring after this season. He has had these back problems for several years and it has really been taking a toll on how he feels during the game. He has gone to LA to get a second opinion so there still might be a glimmer of hope for him playing, however it might be the Pacers sending him there to make sure that if he does retire it is due to health issues so he can get the money back from his contract when he retires. I also believe that if he does come back, there is no way that he will be traded. If you can remember, when the Pacers drafted Jeff, Larry Bird was part of the Pacers then. He really liked Jeff and he has always been one of Birds' more favorite players. The Pacers will not trade Jeff because once again Bird is in the front office and regardless of contracts and cap space, he will not trade Jeff because he has become one of the faces of the Pacers franchise and loved by almost all the fans. To go along with that, Jeff has said that he would love to retire as a Pacer and he would be honored to retire as a Pacer. He doesnt want to be anywhere else. As far as him being a coach when he retires, i believe it is very likely. He knows the game very well and he has basically been a coach already for the younger guys of the Pacers. I would not be surprised to see him in the front office of the Pacers if not coaching when he retires.