Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

  1. #1

    Default Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Hustle and Flow are what Milwakee had and we didnt
    JOB is a silly man

  2. #2

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Well, we're one loss closer to John Wall, and TJ Ford looked good out there, thus potentially making himself tradable. I'd call this a moral victory!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eindar For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,830

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    I wish we had a defender/rebounder with the toughness of Mbah Moute. They played tough D.

    TJ scored the ball well. On the flip side there's a lot of TOs interspersed with the hoops and the offense seems to grind to a hault when he gets hot. Still, I'll give him credit. Without him we aren't close at all. His D wasn't shabby either.

    Can we find a way to keep Bogut from shooting the left hand hook over and over? How about Rush and whoever else not getting lost on Delfino again and again in the fourth?

    Starters were awful.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  5. #4
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,367

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Didn't watch the game, but saw the box score. JOB didn't play neither S. Jones or McRoberts???

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,387

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    We dug ourselves a hole; Milwaukee just made sure we didn't get back out of it. Too many first half turnovers. Not enough defense in the post (or anywhere, really). Terrible offensive movement. Worst part about it? Our lone bright spot was a guy that many on this forum never want to see play.

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    that team is less talented than the pacers and they won, also the pacers made S House looks like he was 20 again for some reason old or crappy players get career nights on us, today Mbah Moute had a career high in rebounds

  8. #7
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,830

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that team is less talented than the pacers and they won, also the pacers made S House looks like he was 20 again for some reason old or crappy players get career nights on us, today Mbah Moute had a career high in rebounds
    Could you provide an analysis to support your assertion that the Bucks are less talented?

    I think it might be close, but the difference maker is they have better consistent players at C, PG tandem, defensive specialist, three point sniper.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,367

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We dug ourselves a hole; Milwaukee just made sure we didn't get back out of it. Too many first half turnovers. Not enough defense in the post (or anywhere, really). Terrible offensive movement. Worst part about it? Our lone bright spot was a guy that many on this forum never want to see play.
    Well, he should have never been banished to the bench in the first place.

  11. #9

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    I think the talent level is pretty close. I think Bogut is mor etalented then any big we have. Also I think Jennings is more talented than any PG we got. I think we dont match up well with that team at all. Their bigs are extremely long and active. Their Forwards are long as well. I think they are more disciplined on the defensive end much more so than us...but I guess that is no suprise.
    JOB is a silly man

  12. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,387

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    I thought A.J. and T.J. both played excellent defense on Brandon Jennings - clearly, it was an off-night for him, but I believe our guys had a large something to do with it.

  13. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could you provide an analysis to support your assertion that the Bucks are less talented?

    I think it might be close, but the difference maker is they have better consistent players at C, PG tandem, defensive specialist, three point sniper.
    They are losing their All Star player, they don't really have a pf who can do much, their two guard is delfino and their three guard is S House, yes the pacers have more talent.

  14. #12

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are losing their All Star player, they don't really have a pf who can do much, their two guard is delfino and their three guard is S House, yes the pacers have more talent.
    I think you are overvaluing the Pacers talent
    JOB is a silly man

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jhondog28 For This Useful Post:


  16. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you are overvaluing the Pacers talent
    no, Im just comparing it with the Bucks, imagine how bad the pacers would be if they did not have Danny and Rush, that is how that team is playing, without RJefferson who got traded and Red who got hurt. I know that Bogut is really good and Jennings is good also but a the same time the Pacers had Danny(All star player),Rush,TJ Ford playing really well, Roy Hibbert, our double double machine in Troy and could no beat this team.

  17. #14
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    While I know +/- does not always tell the whole story, I am shocked no one pointed out that l/n TJ was +29, & AJ was just +5. Tonight, AJ was +3 & TJ was -8, but when you look a D.Granger (-19) & Murph & rush were (-12), I think TJ should get some props.
    Yes, I will admit there were a few plays where he "Travis Bested" it a bit, but I also saw 5-6 times where he made passes that should have been buckets, but his teamates "screwed the pooch".
    TJ showed me that last few nights that he has not forgotten how to play, is not selfish, & is capable of running a team in this league. Why did we not see this TJ earlier t/y? Slump? Style? Murphy or JO'B (they always need included on this board when we are seeking a "Blame", right?)? I'm not sure, but I know he payed well, shot well, & noticably showed he should not be burried on anyones bench - esp. on a team that has won barely > 1/3 of it's games.
    Last edited by PacerGuy; 02-06-2010 at 11:29 PM.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  18. #15
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,408

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Simply amazing that Hibbert didn't get a shot of in the post all game. You know you are going to lose when your 7-2 center is taking jumpers just inside the arch. Also Troy Murphy giving Bogut the left handed shot every time. Bogut is not THAT good. He is very predictable in the post, yet Murphy made him look like a dynamo.

  19. #16

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Good scoring game for TJ....please please please please don't put him back in the rotation. He was good TJ these two games. But we've seen far more of bad TJ. I'll take the rookie and a steady Watson.

    I hope Price is back for Tuesday.

    Didn't see the game, but I saw the "went down post.."

    You know you are a Uconn fan when someone says "went down" and you think "not the knee..not the knee..not the knee...the head...oh okay good"
    Last edited by Sookie; 02-06-2010 at 11:30 PM.

  20. #17
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Simply amazing that Hibbert didn't get a shot of in the post all game. You know you are going to lose when your 7-2 center is taking jumpers just inside the arch. Also Troy Murphy giving Bogut the left handed shot every time. Bogut is not THAT good. He is very predictable in the post, yet Murphy made him look like a dynamo.
    Roy was horrible on D tonight.
    If you missed the first Q, it explains your post.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  21. #18

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no, Im just comparing it with the Bucks, imagine how bad the pacers would be if they did not have Danny and Rush, that is how that team is playing, without RJefferson who got traded and Red who got hurt. I know that Bogut is really good and Jennings is good also but a the same time the Pacers had Danny(All star player),Rush,TJ Ford playing really well, Roy Hibbert, our double double machine in Troy and could no beat this team.
    OK I will say this Granger is the most talented player on the floor that I give you. But Bogut, Delfino and Jennings are the next three in talent. Yes Delfino is more talented then our second most talented player and I have no clue who that is...I guess Hibbert or Murphy or Dunleavy
    JOB is a silly man

  22. #19
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,830

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no, Im just comparing it with the Bucks, imagine how bad the pacers would be if they did not have Danny and Rush, that is how that team is playing, without RJefferson who got traded and Red who got hurt. I know that Bogut is really good and Jennings is good also but a the same time the Pacers had Danny(All star player),Rush,TJ Ford playing really well, Roy Hibbert, our double double machine in Troy and could no beat this team.
    As well as Rush has played the last couple weeks, Delfino has been playing as well if not better. With the experience nod going to CD, that's at best a wash and tonight Brandon couldn't find CD on several of those big 4th qtr threes.

    Roy is a good young prospect but it's a total mismatch agains Bogut, who's absolutely punished us every time we've played them.

    Mbah Moute is a 3/4 who can play shut down D. One of the more underrated defenders in the league right now.

    Redd has been a non-factor for the last several seasons due to injury so I don't think this is a big, unexpected loss now.

    We know Murphy, despite his stats, often does not consistently impact the game and definitely did not tonight. In fact, I can't belive somebody is using Murphy as support to argue our talent superiority to an opponent.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  23. #20
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,408

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy was horrible on D tonight.
    If you missed the first Q, it explains your post.
    No I watched the whole game, i don't get what you are saying. Roy got into foul trouble early so that explains his terrible D, but no excuse for not getting into position in the low post. The Pacers ran sets where they passed to him high in the elbow to get bogut away from paint, for the majority of his time on the court. They never win with this offensive set. Roy actually tried to drive it in on bogut from out there and got stripped, no surprise there. Like I said, simply amazing that he got no shots in the low post all game long.

  24. #21
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I watched the whole game, i don't get what you are saying. Roy got into foul trouble early so that explains his terrible D, but no excuse for not getting into position in the low post. The Pacers ran sets where they passed to him high in the elbow to get bogut away from paint, for the majority of his time on the court. They never win with this offensive set. Roy actually tried to drive it in on bogut from out there and got stripped, no surprise there. Like I said, simply amazing that he got no shots in the low post all game long.
    Feeding Roy in the post offensively does no good when anything he scores is given back on the defessive end.
    I know it is painfull to hear, but Troy was a better option tonight vs Bogut then Roy, clear & simple. Neither were good options admittidly but Troy was better then Roy.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  25. #22

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    after watching this game I think what we need in the draft is an athletic 4 or a game changing PG and I think we have a better shot with our position to get the strong athletic 4. You put and athletic 4 with Granger at the 3 and Hibbert at the 5 I think we may be further along.
    JOB is a silly man

  26. #23
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,408

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Feeding Roy in the post offensively does no good when anything he scores is given back on the defessive end.
    I know it is painfull to hear, but Troy was a better option tonight vs Bogut then Roy, clear & simple. Neither were good options admittidly but Troy was better then Roy.
    Simply not true. Hibbert is not going to draw any fouls hanging out at the high elbow, if you feed him in the low post and force bogut to guard him, your going to draw fouls, getting Bogut out of the game. No one challenged Bogue tonight.

  27. #24
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Simply not true. Hibbert is not going to draw any fouls hanging out at the high elbow, if you feed him in the low post and force bogut to guard him, your going to draw fouls, getting Bogut out of the game. No one challenged Bogue tonight.
    Maybe because he was only able to foul him & was on the bench.
    Look, I get your point, & in theory you are right, but the option to run that plan went out the window very early on.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  28. #25
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,408

    Default Re: Bucks Pacers Postgame: Hustle and Flow

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe because he was only able to foul him & was on the bench.
    Look, I get your point, & in theory you are right, but the option to run that plan went out the window very early on.
    but he wasn't on the bench early on, he was in the game in the middle of the 1st with 2 fouls. Chalk it up to bad coaching, JOB should realize that good offense can lead to good defense.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers Losing the Hustle Wars; Not Playing "Their" Game
    By NuffSaid in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 09:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •