View Poll Results: How many more years do Duncan/Parker/Ginobilli have as title contenders?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - they're done

    9 37.50%
  • 1

    5 20.83%
  • 2

    9 37.50%
  • 3 or more

    1 4.17%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 157

Thread: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

  1. #126
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,921
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ford had a nice game, but I have yet to see him perform in the clutch.
    He hit some game winners last year.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  2. #127
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He hit some game winners last year.
    yes he has Ford won at least 4 games at or near the buzzer for us last year

    Man Roy had 20 pts 7 rbs and 6 blks!!
    Sittin on top of the world!

  3. #128
    Pride B00sh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Age
    21
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how does the ball bounce rt back to Duncan???? nice blk by ROY!
    he traveled when he got it back too.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B00sh For This Useful Post:


  5. #129
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    #1 reason why JOB is not a reliable coach, I would have been 10K bucks that it was going to be TJ drive to his right side 1 legged fade jumper. Everyone in the NBA knew that was the play.

    His name is Dunleavy. You F*****N in bounds with him to Rush or Roy, fake some play with another cut when really you are looking for Mike to step in and go about 3 feet inside the arc for the return pass jumper as he's moving toward the rim.

    That play wins the game, I feel as confident about that as I did that they would go to TJ and it would fail.


    TJ has hit some winners? Of course he has. He takes damn near every single late shot. A broken clock is right twice a day too.

  6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  7. #130
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,833

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Putting Foster in place of a guard at the end would've been our best chance at stopping Duncan when we needed to.
    Went out early with back spasms. No return.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  8. #131
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    WTF was Troy late in the game!!!!!!!!!

  9. #132

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    TJ had a good game for a shooting guard..he was making that foul line jumper all night long. *The one Tony kept missing*

    +/-

    Best lineup
    +13 Watson
    +11 Head
    +2 Dunleavy
    +3 Murphy *it's been a while since he was in the positives*
    +12 Hibbert

    Worst Lineup
    -16 Ford
    -15 Rush
    -5 DJones
    -5 Tyler
    -5 Foster

  10. #133
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,833

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Want to give credit to TJ b/c he was integral to us being in it at the end. He played well. However, I was unimpressed by the final shot/play. As a team, we work better with Watson.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  11. #134
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Yeah, Dun has to be the guy taking the last shot.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  12. #135
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,921
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    That play wins the game, I feel as confident about that as I did that they would go to TJ and it would fail.
    I dunno if it would have won it tonight, Mike looked really tired all game. I agree it would have been a better call, for sure.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  13. #136
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,080

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Props to JOB for putting Roy back in the game at the end. He had a huge tip in that almost won the game for us, then a big rebound the next play.

    He blocked Duncan but unfortunately Timmy got the rebound and traveled his way to a dunk.

    I would have liked to see Roy take the last shot and try to win the battle with Duncan in a spectacular way. TJ's shot just didn't fall.

    But JOB was right to play Roy down the stretch.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  14. #137
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,502

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    I missed the game and didn't watch until the last 5 minutes but it looked like the typical Pacers: sizable lead, then the opponent goes on a run and the pacers lose a close one. Somebody else other than T.J. should have taken that shot.
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  15. #138
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,432
    Mood

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Even though we lost I thought we did pretty well and competed. I wish someone else would have taken the last shot. I cringed when I saw it was TJ. I was hoping to see Brandon or Dunleavy taking that shot. The slam that Timmy had at the end was typical of a future HOF player in what they do. Roy played it well but was just not enough to stop him on the play. I was glad to just see us hanging with them. The loss does suck, but it may help us down the road confidence wise.

  16. #139
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,829
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    From 1:30, we had 4 shots. TJ took three of them and missed all of them. Roy hit the other.

    TJ was 4-4 in the 3rd, 2-7 (of 17 total Pacer shots) in the 4th. Watson should have been back in.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  17. #140
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Deja vu!

    A few years back, last in the season against the Spurs in Indy, same score (100-99), but we won because of Jamaal Tinsley's layup.

    Who else remembers?

  18. #141
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Three Trophies of the Game

    Bronze:
    T.J. Ford. - His performance was very good and it helped us get back into the game when the second half started. He played well in the fourth quarter and defended well. He made some well needed fadeaway baskets in closing minutes. His final shot for the win was really upsetting to many because he was able to get in closely towards the rim.

    Silver:
    Troy Murphy - He defended well and it's good to see from him. He shot/scored very well finishing with 21 points, but no double-double tonight. Fell 3 rebounds short of it. He really bodied up Tim Duncan in the paint and around the post which is showing that he's doing what every big man should do and he's been a help there. He picked up some late game fouls forcing him to the bench.

    Gold:
    Roy Hibbert - He had a very aggressive and powerful game tonight. He did his best to over power Tim Duncan in the paint. He tied his career high again finishing with 20 points and also had 6 blocks. He bodied up Duncan throughout the game and played very good post defense and was a beast offensively inside the paint and around the outside. This is the kind of performance from Roy that will help us win games. Solid game he had tonight and hope to see more from him.

    We have some pretty tough games coming so I'm really hoping that we don't turn this 2 game skid into an even larger streak.

    We host the Bucks at home Monday night and they've looked pretty good, but we need to show them who's boss and not let them come in and beat us at home.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  20. #142
    Member IndySDExport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Durham/Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    876

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Did anyone hear Mark Boyle and Slick tonight? I tuned in during the 4th quarter. It seemed like Slick was having a hard time keeping his cool as the pacers lost the lead. He pretty much was calling out JOB for extremely poor coaching down the stretch. Mark even asked at one point why JOB would keep TJ in when TJ was just taking shots and not even attempting to get some form of offensive scheme going.
    Last edited by IndySDExport; 12-20-2009 at 02:54 AM.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to IndySDExport For This Useful Post:


  22. #143
    Member mcampbellarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    olympia, wa
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Was it that the rest of the guys were not making themselves available, or does TJ not look to pass. It seems like there was an eternity when Roy was out and several times down the floor there was minimal passing if any? This was about the time we started trading buckets and the lead slowly escaped them.

  23. #144

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    I don't care how good TJ was tonight hitting all those shots. The Pacers lost a big lead and ultimately the game when TJ played. Put Watson in with 7 min to go in the 4th and the Pacers win this game.

    It absolutely frustrates me to no end to see him play 1/2 the 3rd qtr and the entire 4th. Watson had a terrific game and JOB refused to put him back in. Watson deserved to finish this game and he never got the chance. I think of all the games this year, this one has frustrated me the most.

  24. #145
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    342
    Mood

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    I don't know why people are complaining about TJ taking the last shot. IMO he's the go-to guy in the clutch for this team, including when Granger is in the lineup. That fade-away jumper nailed the coffin for a few teams last year and he makes it more often than not.

    He's the only player capable of creating enough space between him and his man by himself to get a good look at the final shot. When you only have a few seconds you don't have time to pass the ball around and get Granger or Dunleavy open...you need somebody who can create their own shot. TJ is the only player on the roster capable of doing this. He had a very good look and it was a high percentage shot that just didn't fall for us this time. Can't get them all. I think it was a solid look. He could have taken his time a little more and maybe got in a couple more feet, but it was solid regardless.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:


  26. #146
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    #1 reason why JOB is not a reliable coach, I would have been 10K bucks that it was going to be TJ drive to his right side 1 legged fade jumper. Everyone in the NBA knew that was the play.

    His name is Dunleavy. You F*****N in bounds with him to Rush or Roy, fake some play with another cut when really you are looking for Mike to step in and go about 3 feet inside the arc for the return pass jumper as he's moving toward the rim.

    That play wins the game, I feel as confident about that as I did that they would go to TJ and it would fail.


    TJ has hit some winners? Of course he has. He takes damn near every single late shot. A broken clock is right twice a day too.


    I disagree, Mike wasn't hitting anything and Quinn kept saying he was tired, which he looked very tired to me, I have no problem with Ford's shot, he makes that a good % of the time, there wasn't going to be a better shot. If I was the coach I would have called the exact same play and against a Spurs team I would have been happy with the shot Ford took

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  28. #147
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by TM3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF was Troy late in the game!!!!!!!!!

    He was replaced by Roy with over minutes to go, (did he come back in at all?) Besides Troy was shooting rather well last night

  29. #148
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From 1:30, we had 4 shots. TJ took three of them and missed all of them. Roy hit the other.
    Yeah, I was trying to figure that out. People kept saying TJ should have taken the last shot because he was hitting everything, but it sure seemed like he'd missed a lot of shots right up until then.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  30. #149
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,246

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, Mike wasn't hitting anything and Quinn kept saying he was tired, which he looked very tired to me, I have no problem with Ford's shot, he makes that a good % of the time, there wasn't going to be a better shot. If I was the coach I would have called the exact same play and against a Spurs team I would have been happy with the shot Ford took
    Sorry, but that wasn't a play.

    A play would be drawing something up, not giving it to the PG and saying "Good luck."

  31. #150
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,833

    Default Re: 12/19/2009 Game Thread #25: Pacers at Spurs

    Personally, I agree that I would have liked seeing Earl come back down the stretch. The comments about TJ's ineffectivenes the last four minutes or so being why. I think we play better as a team with Watson, particularly in terms of offensive flow and defense.

    That said, Ford was productive and played very well during the 3rd quarter and well into the fourth. I thought the lineup rearrangements worked well and hope they continue. TJ will undoubtedly be expected to score if he remains with the second unit. If he can somehow negotiate his scoring responsbility with keeping others reasonably involved and not completely compromising offensive flow, I actually think he could shine in that role.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

Similar Threads

  1. Rosen: Pacers shut up Celtics
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 04:59 PM
  2. 5/26/2004 ECF Playoff Game Thread: Pacers at Pistons (Game 3)
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 11:58 PM
  3. 5/24/2004 ECF Playoff Game Thread: Pistons at Pacers (Game 2)
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 05:10 PM
  4. Complete Game 2 Coverage From The Detroit News & Detroit Free Press
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 11:21 AM
  5. Game One coverage from Detroit
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2004, 06:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •