View Poll Results: How does this season's Magic team compare to last season's NBA finalist?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • This season's team is better

    16 48.48%
  • Last season's team is better

    6 18.18%
  • The two are about the same

    8 24.24%
  • Uncertain

    3 9.09%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 304

Thread: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

  1. #201
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,557

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    If the Pacers really wanted to win right now, they'd be giving Head some of Rush's minutes. I'm thinking Larry doesn't want his draft pick to look bad or something.

    Rush has a world of potential and a world of talent, but he just doesn't appear to feel the need to use it. He has the athletic ability to drive to the basket much more often than he does. Yeah, I know his defense is pretty good, but even though he bothered Carter a little bit VC still had a great night.

  2. #202
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah thats wack,

    I dont recall another team interviewing the Pacer players after a loss

    Stacy has always interviewed a player from the winning team
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

  3. #203

    Smile Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give me a player who finishes over a player who starts any day of the week.
    I dated a girl like that back in the '60s.

  4. #204
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Great effort, but a loss is a loss. OB should have never taken Dunleavy out. When he came back it was too late. It seems like Dwight Howard got calls all night. This is the 5th loss after having a double digit lead. They gotta clean that up.
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

  5. #205
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,610

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why? He is by far the best defender on the team.
    I dont know man

    I gues he is like getting the hottest woman to go to the prom with you , and then the big night comes and she is a complete bore


    Rush has skills so many players who never make the NBA would kill for and yet he constantly teases me and lets me down
    Sittin on top of the world!

  6. #206
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,557

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stacy has always interviewed a player from the winning team
    I don't really like it either. I'd love to have one of the players dog her after a win, saying well NOW you want to interview me, lol. Sadly, it probably isn't her fault, she is just instructed to do so by some genius that works for the Pacers.

  7. #207
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,924
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Hans had pretty much his worst night ever in the NBA.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  8. #208
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Offense is only one part of the game. Rush has been the best defender on the team by far, I don't understand how no one sees this.

  9. #209
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,610

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stacy has always interviewed a player from the winning team
    I understand,

    but has Pacer players been interviewed by the opposing teams staff before?
    Sittin on top of the world!

  10. #210
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,557

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the 5th loss after having a double digit lead. They gotta clean that up.
    That is a symptom of relying on jump shooting to win games.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  12. #211
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Pacers really wanted to win right now, they'd be giving Head some of Rush's minutes. I'm thinking Larry doesn't want his draft pick to look bad or something.

    Rush has a world of potential and a world of talent, but he just doesn't appear to feel the need to use it. He has the athletic ability to drive to the basket much more often than he does. Yeah, I know his defense is pretty good, but even though he bothered Carter a little bit VC still had a great night.
    Good point, I am over Rush's inconsistent play.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  13. #212

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hans had pretty much his worst night ever in the NBA.
    And he was still at least the second best player on the Court at crunch time.

  14. #213
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,924
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Offense is only one part of the game. Rush has been the best defender on the team by far, I don't understand how no one sees this.
    Quite a few of us do see it, actually - just not many in the game threads (you may have noticed that the posters are somewhat different in the game threads than the others).

    I don't happen to think Rush is far and away the best defender - I think that title is passed back and forth between Rush and DJones from game to game - but yes, I do think his defense is vastly under appreciated because people expect big points from their shooting guards.

    In this game I think Carter would have gone for 35-40 if not for the stretches where Rush slowed him down.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  15. #214
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,610

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really like it either. I'd love to have one of the players dog her after a win, saying well NOW you want to interview me, lol. Sadly, it probably isn't her fault, she is just instructed to do so by some genius that works for the Pacers.
    or because she knows the Pacer players dont like being interviewed after a loss, lol
    Sittin on top of the world!

  16. #215
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Offense is only one part of the game. Rush has been the best defender on the team by far, I don't understand how no one sees this.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't count if the guy you're locking down is yourself.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:


  18. #216
    Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    708

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dated a girl like that back in the '60s.
    ZING! hahah
    Roy Hibbert.... It's the POWER!!!

  19. #217
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,944

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    LOVE Rush's defense. LOATHE his shooting. The more open he is the farther off his shot. It's like he gets nervous b/c people see him with an open shot.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  21. #218
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,924
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And he was still at least the second best player on the Court at crunch time.
    I like Hans. I'm not sure I agree that he was the second best player during crunch time tonight though.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  22. #219
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,610

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Offense is only one part of the game. Rush has been the best defender on the team by far, I don't understand how no one sees this.
    I see it and your right about his defense

    but when you play like your scared to shot , the defense sags off you

    Obie should just tell Rush if he doesn't shot 15 times a game or more he is benched

    I mean the man has one of the sweetest jumpers I have seen
    Sittin on top of the world!

  23. #220
    We need John Wall. Thesterovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    We might of won if we had two jumpshooters out there instead of Ford and Rush. Head and Price wouldve been much more necessary since we are a jumpshooting team. Ford is a piece of garbage he does nothing that Earl, Luther, or AJ couldn't do. Why have him and his bonehead in? He thinks he's some star or something. I'm done with him.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

    Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Thesterovic For This Useful Post:


  25. #221
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,610

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Hans. I'm not sure I agree that he was the second best player during crunch time tonight though.
    I am sorry but Tyler had a bad bad game and I think he would be the first to admit that
    Sittin on top of the world!

  26. #222
    Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    708

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hans had pretty much his worst night ever in the NBA.
    Don't completely agree with that, yet he was not the worst player on the team tonight.
    Roy Hibbert.... It's the POWER!!!

  27. #223

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Hans. I'm not sure I agree that he was the second best player during crunch time tonight though.
    He was better than Ford and Rush, without question.
    He was the only one fighting for a rebound, and not being afraid of Dwight, tha makes him better than whatever Center we had in. (oh yea, it was Murphy..)

    Jones did nothing, and Tyler was still fighting, that makes him better than Jones too.

    I'm not saying Tyler was good, I'm saying he was better at crunch time then everyone on the floor except Dunleavy.

  28. #224
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,924
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sorry but Tyler had a bad bad game and I think he would be the first to admit that
    Yep. I think so too. I also think there's an assumption around here sometimes that if you say anything remotely bad about a player you must hate them. As I said, I like Tyler, but he had a pretty bad one tonight.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  30. #225
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see it and your right about his defense

    but when you play like your scared to shot , the defense sags off you

    Obie should just tell Rush if he doesn't shot 15 times a game or more he is benched

    I mean the man has one of the sweetest jumpers I have seen
    Agreed.

Similar Threads

  1. Travis Henry test positive again
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 04:01 PM
  2. Batum halts workout after 'borderline' heart test [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 06:00 PM
  3. test
    By RoboDoug in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •