View Poll Results: How does this season's Magic team compare to last season's NBA finalist?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • This season's team is better

16 48.48%
  • Last season's team is better

6 18.18%
  • The two are about the same

8 24.24%
  • Uncertain

3 9.09%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

Default Re: 12/14/2009 Game Thread #22: Pacers at Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In this instance, how would you define extraordinary evidence?
    In regards to Rush taking drugs or whatever? Being caught and failing a drug test. Anything beyond that is baseless speculation, not only is it baseless, it is quite malicious as well. It could also be called defamation. And while in the USA you don't have to worry about talking smack on a message board, in England one might really end up with a lawsuit. (they are notorious with libel lawsuits). At any rate it is certainly tasteless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

the more you know ~~~~*
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 12-15-2009 at 07:40 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Holy ... I thought he was just kidding with the high/drunk thing. That's messed up.

-- Steve --

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm right?? Hell I just can't tell anymore. We have huge Murphy fans who think he deserves his paycheck, we have people on here who think Rush really is the next.. Danny Granger. We have posters who would defend Jim's coaching even after a 20 game losing streak... forgive me for not being familiar with your personal viewpoints. But, are you kidding me??
    You're taking my comments out of context. I said if you watched Granger his first two years you would have drawn the same conclusions about him. Flashes of brilliance but nothing consistent at all. Everyone seems to point to the end of last year, but I've seem him do it this year at times. Sometimes he is lost but he has a damn quick release and he really can drive and dribble better than Danny IMO. Obviously he is nowhere the shooter Danny is but he is a better defender. People are throwing a guy under the bus who probably has like 30 48 minute games of PT under his belt.

Talk to me about this in two years from now and if I'm wrong I'll eat my crow, but I'm confident you will be eating yours. I just think Rush is young, immature, and he doesn't like the coach. Kinda like that "step dad" feeling if you know what I'm talking about. Hopefully O'brien will ease up on these young guys and develop them. I noticed Rush made a bunch of mistakes and it may be the reason we lost to Orlando but that was a growing experience for him. It was good to see him and Tyler in there at the end even if Hibbert and maybe even Price were missing...
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 12-15-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I sure hope it's not a very big farm!

The best scenario I see of Rush is a player who can play "D" that every so often can be a decent scorer. Basically, a decent bench role player at best. A better player than his brother but nothing to bet a farm on if it has any value.
    It was a matter of expression, you are taking it too literally. You're prediction could be just as far of as mine. Noone knows the future. I see a young player developing into something special under the radar, you and some others see a guy who is never going to improve his game in the future, even though he is at the beggining of his second year. He already can play solid "D" and he already is scoring decently every now and again. What you see for him is what he already is. Do you really think a guy who has played as few minutes as he has in the NBA, a guy who won an NCAA championship and was a 13th pick isn't going to progress at all from where he is now?

He is plus 7.5 for the year so far.

To each his own...