Thread: Pacers-Blazers Post Game

Threaded View

Default Pacers-Blazers Post Game

There's not one, so I'll start it.

I really enjoyed watching this game last night. I don't know why. I'm sure it's a combination of lowered expectations, the Blazers being my second favorite team, and a more varied offense.

I thought our offense looked better without Danny on the floor. There were far fewer early long-range jumpers. We fed Hibbert in the post far more often. There was a bit more ball and player movement. It was nice to watch. Portland is an excellent defensive team, and we managed to play some pretty fantastic offense for 2 quarters (2nd, 3rd).

Here are my thoughts:

Our starting lineup sucks. I'm not going to go back and do the research right now, but how many games in a row have we basically been run off the floor during the first 5 minutes of the game? It's seems like it happens pretty much every night. Then we bring in some bench guys, do a pretty good job of playing catch-up for 2 quarters, and then fade down the stretch.

LaMarcus Aldridge is good. I know he scored 10 points in a row with Troy trying to guard him, but I think that says more about Aldridge than it does about Troy. He was hitting some very difficult shots. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Troy was playing good defense on him, but Murphy wasn't just giving up dunks or wide open jumpers. If Aldridge is going to hit turnaround jumpers like that, there are only 5-6 guys in the NBA who are going to be able to slow him down, and none of them are on our roster.

Brandon Roy is good. I hope Danny watched the 4th quarter. That's how the best player on a team is supposed to play when the game's close.

AJ Price deserves minutes. The 2-10 shooting was a bit of an anomaly. We all know the kid can shoot. His pass to Dunleavy was probably one of the best 3 passes we've seen from all season. I'd be 100% happy with a Watson-Price PG tandem for the rest of the year.

I think Hibbert got hurt in the 3rd quarter. The TV showed him on the bench wincing and talking to some trainers. At least that's how I'm choosing to explain him not coming back in the game when he was playing pretty well.

Rush played pretty well in the 2nd half yesterday. I'm hoping we'll see a turnaround while Danny's out. He got in to a nice little tete-a-tete with Brandon Roy for a couple possessions. He wasn't able to stop Roy (not many can) but he was able to score on him twice in a row.

Why can't Foster and Hibbert play together? That makes more sense than Hansbrough-Murphy. It's not like Jeff is totally locked in to the center position.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post: