Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

  1. #1
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    http://celticshub.com/2009/12/09/one...t-one-goes-in/
    Brendan Jackson Celtics Hub

    The Herald is just reporting that not only did Marquis Daniels have successful surgery repairing a torn ligament in his thumb (ouch and nagging), but he will also be out 6-8 weeks.
    Link to the Herald:

    http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...osition=recent

    Marquis Daniels will be out for 6-8 weeks after undergoing surgery on his left thumb.

    The Celtics swingman missed last night’s game against the Bucks because of the injury and had undergone an MRI to determine the extent of the injury.

    Last night Celts coach Doc Rivers said the Daniels injury has been affecting the entire second team.

    “I’ve seen a lot of things. He hasn’t been able to hold onto the ball,” Rivers said. “I think it’s affected Eddie (House), because earlier in the year, and especially in preseason, Eddie was getting great shots off of Marquis passes. Now (Daniels) doesn’t have the ability to pass and I think that affects Eddie.”

    Rivers also said: “I’ve been thinking about it and just watching him practice. He tried to get a rebound with one hand when he needed both. He wouldn’t say anything. He kept saying it’s fine, just a little pain, nothing big. … but let’s get it fixed.”

    Apparently that’s just what the Celtics have done.
    Boston Herald...no byline.

  2. #2
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    Wow, Marquis is injured? He's usually such an Ironman.



    Someone was going to say it, so I might as well get it out of the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  3. #3
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,057

    Default Re: OT NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    I don't think this is Off Topic.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,263
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    I would have never guessed that would happen.....

  6. #5
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,165

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    Originally, it was supposed to be 3-4 days. Sounds familiar somehow...

  7. #6
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,489

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    Trying to put together a plot where Josh Corbeil is responsible, more later....

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    Looks like the Celtics will need to get small.....
    Last edited by MagicRat; 12-09-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,174
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    well at least he's on a winning team...............

  12. #9
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,450

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trying to put together a plot where Josh Corbeil is responsible, more later....
    If you look him up on facebook, he seriously has the Patriots listed as his favorite NFL team, so maybe there is something to it.

  13. #10
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    It's good that we passed on him though it's a shame he remains injury prone. However let's keep it in perspective, it's not like the Pacers have been better without he and Jack on the squad.

    The injury issue was always there, but so was his ability to impact the team in unique ways. Jones is a superior defender but I think Quis was a bit more sound on the offensive end.

    The Pacers won this one, but it wasn't exactly a homerun. Saved a bit of money and some games lost to injury. Might have been 9-7 right now instead of 6-10. Who knows.

  14. #11
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,033
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    9-7? I say we would have been no different in win loss with Daniels. Would he stretch the floor and create spacing with his jump shot?

    The fact is we need a shooter/passer rather than a slasher/passer. What we need is for RUSH TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS BUTTHOLE.

  15. #12
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Posts
    3,544
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    Maybe he will have more time to spend promoting his dogs.

  16. #13
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe he will have more time to spend promoting his dogs.
    You say that like it's a bad thing, and it's probably because he breeds American Pitbull Terriers.

  17. #14
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,708

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    didn't he have thumb trouble last season

  18. #15
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    didn't he have thumb trouble last season
    Wrist, I believe.

  19. #16
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,163
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    It's a shame that he's not able to avoid injuries he is a good player and did a good job here when he was able to play. He's a real nice guy to talk to as well.

  20. #17
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks




    Well hell, we should've kept Marquis. He was such a good player

  21. #18

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    9-7? I say we would have been no different in win loss with Daniels. Would he stretch the floor and create spacing with his jump shot?

    The fact is we need a shooter/passer rather than a slasher/passer. What we need is for RUSH TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS BUTTHOLE.
    ...and Dunleavy...

    ...and Murphy...

    ...and TJ...

    ...and just about everyone else on this team.

  22. #19
    We need John Wall. Thesterovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...and Dunleavy...

    ...and Murphy...

    ...and TJ...

    ...and just about everyone else on this team.
    Dunleavy is one of the few players playing good on both sides of the court. He deserves little criticism IMO having limited minutes.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

    Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

  23. #20

    Default Re: NBA: Marquis out 6-8 Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What we need is for RUSH TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS BUTTHOLE.
    His head is so far up there, he can't see ******.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 06:49 PM
  2. Marquis worked with Mark Price in the offseason..
    By imawhat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 10:23 AM
  3. Some ideas, invole Marquis
    By Young in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 11:13 PM
  4. Ideas for Marquis
    By OakMoses in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 11:12 AM
  5. Pacers have not won in two weeks
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •