Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42

Thread: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

  1. #26

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Wait, I'm kind of confused: IndyBlue started this thread and UncleBuck changed the title just because he didn't like it? How often do mods edit other people's posts at their own discretion here?

  2. #27

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    I've been praying for a way for us to find Danny a suitable sidekick, or even better, a guy to make Danny the sidekick. I honestly hope that if this year is going to be as rough as I think it is, that we'll benefit from it in the end with some luck in the lottery. If this turns out as ugly as it could, we could be in the 5 worst teams with a legit shot at a top 3 pick.

    *prays some more*

    -- Steve --

  3. #28
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Thanks for updating the title!!!! ESPN was misleading with the title originally and the last thing fans of a 6-12 team need is to think their best player is leaving, especially when it isn't true or at least not true of this article.

  4. #29
    Member Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Since everyone wants to voice their opinion on the title being changed, I'll just throw my "Thanks" in. Are some of you guys even paying attention to what the title was and what the story is? The title didn't match the story, it's not difficult. Quit being so defensive, the whole worlds not out to kick your a$$.

  5. #30
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    I'd always prefer the title of the thread match the story rather than slavishly match the article title. However, I can see having the article title in there as well prevents multiple postings.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  6. #31
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,079

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I blame JOB for global warming.




    The only way we are better without Granger is if we lose so many games we win the draft lottery, then he comes back the next year.

    Without Danny we are worse than mediocre and will remain so for the foreseeable future.
    Maybe, maybe not.

    JOB was quoted talking about movement in the offense. If Granger going down forces him to do that, then we might win some games. If so, it will show how terrible a coach he is, as he should have done it all along.

    (Quite handy for those angry at JOB)

    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  7. #32

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Originally Posted by theboyjwo
    Kinda stupid and immature to change the thread title.
    I think calling UncleBuck stupid is stupid.

    Learn some manners.


    Quote Originally Posted by quinnthology
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How often do mods edit other people's posts at their own discretion here?
    Anytime they want to. It is their forum. We are their guests.




    .
    Last edited by Putnam; 12-09-2009 at 09:37 AM.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:


  9. #33
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,626

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    While there might be scenarios where we get a win here and there - the other team doesn't take us seriously, the rest of the Pacers play harder, etc - these would just be short-term gains.

    Long-term, we need a player of AT LEAST Danny's caliber.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  10. #34

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    May I modify to:

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Long-term, we need another player of AT LEAST Danny's caliber
    ?

  11. #35
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,755

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by theboyjwo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kinda stupid and immature to change the thread title. If its good enough for ESPN why does it need to changed. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you should change it.
    I changed it because there is nothing mentioned or even implied in the insider article about Granger bolting/leaving the Pacers in any way. It would have made more sense if the Insider title was Granger eats an orange for breakfeast this morning. So I tried to come up with a title that in some way matched the content of the insider article - which was difficult to do because there is hardly any content in the article.

  12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  13. #36
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,555
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I changed it because there is nothing mentioned or even implied in the insider article about Granger bolting/leaving the Pacers in any way. It would have made more sense if the Insider title was Granger eats an orange for breakfeast this morning. So I tried to come up with a title that in some way matched the content of the insider article - which was difficult to do because there is hardly any content in the article.
    It is no accident that, despite having almost no content at any time that is not sports or sports related, that ESPN is still called the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. It seems like their mission is to entertain first, and deal with actual sports second. If they simply focused on sports reporting and broadcasting sports, as opposed to speculation based on limited coverage of teams / players they speculate about in their attempts to entertain it would be far better, IMO.

  14. #37

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ESPN is still called the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. It seems like their mission is to entertain first, and deal with actual sports second.

    I heard somewhere that ESPN is a financial and cultural disaster.

    .
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  15. #38
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,626

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    May I modify to:

    ?
    I pretty much agree. Although Danny has improved to were a VERY strong supporting cast could be adquate. We might not need somebody better than Granger, but we'd need several players that were close.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  16. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,150

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    You could ask the same question about any team in the league that loses it's star and thus has to actually play team ball to compete.
    Did we learn NOTHING with Jermaine?????????????????????????

  17. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,150

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think calling UncleBuck stupid is stupid.

    Learn some manners.




    Anytime they want to. It is their forum. We are their guests.




    .
    Not much of a forum without the visitors now is it?

  18. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,150

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard somewhere that ESPN is a financial and cultural disaster.

    .
    Explain cultural disaster. ??????????

  19. #42
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not much of a forum without the visitors now is it?
    Depends on the visitors, honestly. A forum can be not much of a place because it doesn't have visitors or not much of a place because of the quality of the visitors.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Similar Threads

  1. Look back at Pacers Trades
    By Teddy Green in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 08:00 PM
  2. Wages of Wins Pacers Preview
    By OakMoses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
  3. Granger reminds Magic of the past
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 12:56 AM
  4. ESPN Insider artice on the Pacers?
    By ImReppinBtown in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 03:45 PM
  5. Keeping pace with the Pacers
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 11:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •