Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

  1. #1
    Member indyblue47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Posts
    260

    Default ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Anyone here today that's an ESPN Insider?

    Just saw this a minute ago.

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/featu...tures%2frumors
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-08-2009 at 02:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Reason Granger could bolt Pacers?

    I'm not an insider. Little help, please.

  3. #3
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,756

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Reason Granger could bolt Pacers?

    No reason to even read the article, we all know it is because of Jim O'Brien.

    Too much? Ok, I'll stop.

    I used to be an insider a few years ago, not any more

  4. #4
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Reason Granger could bolt Pacers?

    The word has come down: According to the Indianapolis Star, Danny Granger's MRI revealed he has a torn right plantar fascia, and he'll miss 4-6 weeks.

    But is it possible the team will be better without him? Last year, the Pacers went 9-6 in games their leading scorer missed.

    Yet, don't expect the same .600 winning percentage without him this year. ESPN's John Hollinger doesn't see it happening, nor does the Indy Star's Mike Wells.

    Bottom line: the Pacers have lost nine of their last 10. They're not a good team right now. So at this point, there's no reason to suspect an above .500 record without Granger is within reach.
    Where in the name of God did you come up with your thread title?
    Last edited by count55; 12-08-2009 at 02:20 PM.

  5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,065

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Reason Granger could bolt Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where in the name of God did you come up with you thread title?
    It wasn't him. It was ESPN.com. It's there in the NBA headlines at the bottom.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Reason Granger could bolt Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn't him. It was ESPN.com. It's there in the NBA headlines at the bottom.
    I see they're recruiting the idiots that did the RealGM Wiretap headlines.

    ****ing dip****s.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Reason Granger could bolt Pacers?

    Makes you wonder if they had a little story they thought made no sense given the injury so they changed it but didn't change the linking page.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  11. #8
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,756

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Reason Granger could bolt Pacers?

    I'm changing the thread title. Not sure to what yet. all I could think to do was change it from Granger may blt Pcers to Pacers better without Granger?- or maybe this should just be merged with the Granger out 4-6 weeks thread as there is nothing new here
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-08-2009 at 02:25 PM.

  12. #9
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Reason Granger could bolt Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm changing the thread title. Not sure to what yet
    Actually, it's just another reporting of the Danny injury. The 14-8 thing is being spoken about there. Not sure there needs to be a separate thread to discuss the winning record with Danny out.

  13. #10
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,065

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Reason Granger could bolt Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see they're recruiting the idiots that did the RealGM Wiretap headlines.

    ****ing dip****s.
    The "Rumors" tab on ESPN.com always has some grossly misleading title like that so people will want to shell out money for Insider to read it. Not sure what RealGM's excuse is.

  14. #11
    Member indyblue47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Posts
    260

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Where in the name of God did you come up with your thread title?


    Excuse me, God didn't have a thing to do with it. I copied it straight from ESPN.

    Thanks and I'll still respect you in the morning!!

  15. #12
    Member bkenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indy/Purdue
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    referring to the headline, "Rumors: A reason Granger could bolt Pacers." I think the main reason would be because he wants to be closer to his bat cave!!!!!

    I would rather be there than on the Pacers

  16. #13

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Kinda stupid and immature to change the thread title. If its good enough for ESPN why does it need to changed. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you should change it.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to theboyjwo For This Useful Post:


  18. #14
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,231

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by theboyjwo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kinda stupid and immature to change the thread title. If its good enough for ESPN why does it need to changed. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you should change it.
    This isn't BSPN. We try to maintain a little integrity around here.

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  20. #15
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,065

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by bkenny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    referring to the headline, "Rumors: A reason Granger could bolt Pacers." I think the main reason would be because he wants to be closer to his bat cave!!!!!

    I would rather be there than on the Pacers
    When that thing is finished, I want to see pictures.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,976

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    I obviously do NOT think we are better without Danny ..
    BUT what I DO think , is that as a team , we will be "FORCED" to learn to PLAY as a team in his absence..
    We will have to learn to compensate for the 20 to 30 pts Granger brings per game.(even when he has been injured still playing)

    As someone else mentioned, I too, think that in a way, there is a silver lining to all this.
    A blessing in disguise if you will , that will ultimately help these guys learn to not only play better together, but to use this as a chemistry builder so that they can build TRUST in one another in getting the job done without relying on Danny to pass the ball in order to make something happen on the offensive end...

    We will be fine , and I expect everyone to step up and handle business while Danny recovers..

    I just hope like hell , that he isn't rushed back.. I'd rather he stay out untill mid/late February , as a safety precaution.. Even if he heals up sooner than expected. During the latter portion of his healing, maybe he could work on nothing but his shooting stroke and conditioning in the last few weeks of Feb so when he comes back , he will not have any rust from his time out..
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  23. #17
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,758

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This isn't BSPN. We try to maintain a little integrity around here.

    So integrity is changing titles of articles that you do not agree with? News to me.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  24. #18

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Dunleavy is going to get more minutes which is bad. Brandon Rush will get more minutes which is good.

    We are a really really bad team.

  25. #19
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,231

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So integrity is changing titles of articles that you do not agree with? News to me.
    When the title is very misleading to being with? Yeah.

    It's not a matter of agreeing with anything. The title is flat out wrong.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  27. #20
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,231

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Granville Fleming View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunleavy is going to get more minutes which is bad. Brandon Rush will get more minutes which is good.

    We are a really really bad team.


    Last I checked, Dun was far outplaying Brandon...

    Unless, of course, you mean it's bad that Dun will be playing more when he's supposed to be resting from his injury.

  28. #21
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,150

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I obviously do NOT think we are better without Danny ..
    BUT what I DO think , is that as a team , we will be "FORCED" to learn to PLAY as a team in his absence..
    We will have to learn to compensate for the 20 to 30 pts Granger brings per game.(even when he has been injured still playing)

    As someone else mentioned, I too, think that in a way, there is a silver lining to all this.
    A blessing in disguise if you will , that will ultimately help these guys learn to not only play better together, but to use this as a chemistry builder so that they can build TRUST in one another in getting the job done without relying on Danny to pass the ball in order to make something happen on the offensive end...

    We will be fine , and I expect everyone to step up and handle business while Danny recovers..

    I just hope like hell , that he isn't rushed back.. I'd rather he stay out untill mid/late February , as a safety precaution.. Even if he heals up sooner than expected. During the latter portion of his healing, maybe he could work on nothing but his shooting stroke and conditioning in the last few weeks of Feb so when he comes back , he will not have any rust from his time out..
    .
    Good point. You can lose the caps and bold though.

    Did you all know that Danny leads the entire NBA in 3 point attempts by a wide margin? Like 15% more than the next player?

    The big issue for JOb is that...without Danny...there will be no threat of penetration from beyond the arc, because only Dunleavy and Murphy will be shooting it. Teams will load up on the perimeter and force the Pacers to play real basketball. Yes, this will force his hand to play a different style and yes, I do think it will result in more frequent W's...notwithstanding how out-classed on talent we will be for the next 5 or 6 weeks.

  29. #22
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,231

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    I blame JOB for the increase in Danny's 3-point attempts. I said during and after the Boston game that it concerned me then, and look where we are now.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  31. #23
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    I blame JOB for global warming.




    The only way we are better without Granger is if we lose so many games we win the draft lottery, then he comes back the next year.

    Without Danny we are worse than mediocre and will remain so for the foreseeable future.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  32. #24
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,150

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I blame JOB for the increase in Danny's 3-point attempts. I said during and after the Boston game that it concerned me then, and look where we are now.
    For a SF, Danny is a very good shooter, but he's not so good that he should lead the league in attempts. Also, I think we lose a lot with him staying on the perimeter in terms of rebounding the ball...getting putbacks...getting fouled, etc. He is not a SG but is used just like one. Sure, we need him to shoot the occasional 3, but he could help a lot more if he spent more time near the basket.

    While I recognize mathematically just how valuable a good number of 3's can be...even at just 40%.....I don't think that style is a good way to advance in the playoffs. I think that percentage drops if you face a good defense, but the other benefits of playing near the basket do not drop off nearly as much.

  33. #25
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,150

    Default Re: ESPN Insider - Pacers better without Granger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I blame JOB for global warming.




    The only way we are better without Granger is if we lose so many games we win the draft lottery, then he comes back the next year.

    Without Danny we are worse than mediocre and will remain so for the foreseeable future.
    Obviously I am a Granger fan based on my avatar....but we were 9-6 without him last year. I don't think that happens this time, but we all know that players step it up when someone like him goes out. The system often changes and players might even want to show they can get it done without Danny. Also, the opposition may even come to the game drunk...considering the talent level on this team.

    All of these things spell more victories and less chance of lotto land.

Similar Threads

  1. Look back at Pacers Trades
    By Teddy Green in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 08:00 PM
  2. Wages of Wins Pacers Preview
    By OakMoses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
  3. Granger reminds Magic of the past
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 12:56 AM
  4. ESPN Insider artice on the Pacers?
    By ImReppinBtown in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 03:45 PM
  5. Keeping pace with the Pacers
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 11:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •