Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 100 of 100

Thread: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

  1. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,647

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to jump in, just because this shoe analogy is fantastic.

    If all of your shoes are going to give you bunions on your feet anyway, what does it matter?
    The problem is the Pacers need Odor Eaters in a lot of their shoes.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    One thing that is particularly frightening in Danny missing up to 30 games is that an 8-22 record over that stretch this might be one more straw on the camel's back towards the person wearing the shoes realizing that these shoes are just too thin and full of holes to ever be worn again in the cold, Indianapolis winter.

    But in a different, warm climate like Las Vegas, they might still be terrible shoes, but they can be at least be worn and a lot of people who otherwise would be barefoot would be more than happy to wear these shoes.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to JayRedd For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,520
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    I'm just worried that the head shoe salesman is going to get a free pass, just because of a temporary shortage of his best shoe.

    ........Even though he does a poor job of organizing the selling of any of his other shoes to begin with.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  7. #79
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,058

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing that is particularly frightening in Danny missing up to 30 games is that an 8-22 record over that stretch this might be one more straw on the camel's back towards the person wearing the shoes realizing that these shoes are just too thin and full of holes to ever be worn again in the cold, Indianapolis winter.

    But in a different, warm climate like Las Vegas, they might still be terrible shoes, but they can be at least be worn and a lot of people who otherwise would be barefoot would be more than happy to wear these shoes.
    Indy likes traditional, tough, dependable shoes. Actually, the more superficial, glamorous shoes might do better in, say, Las Vegas, or LA, or . . . Cleveland? Whatever.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  8. #80
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indy likes traditional, tough, dependable shoes. Actually, the more superficial, glamorous shoes might do better in, say, Las Vegas, or LA, or . . . Cleveland? Whatever.
    I think the point is that Indy ends up barefoot.......
    Last edited by MagicRat; 12-08-2009 at 06:55 PM.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:


  10. #81
    10 - 32 - 50 31andonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,579

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Do you guys remember this other thread?

    I'm just wondering how long it takes until we hear something like "Pacers coach Jim O'Brien plans to ignore Danny Granger's minute restriction if the team is in a close game."
    Thank you Jeff.

  11. #82

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    You guys are stupid!

    Hey, if a player wears combat boots during game time does that mean he came to kick *** or does he wants to enlist in the Army?

  12. #83
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the point is that Indy end up barefoot.......
    Yes. Although, tongue-in-cheeky (mostly).
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  13. #84
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,827

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've got a physical therapy appointment in an hour and half for plantar fasciaitis. My third reoccurence requiring physical therapy this decade. But damn, mine isn't torn. That's gotta hurt.
    I've got it, too. Fortunately not severely, although my first occurence had me out of commission for several weeks and, as you say, I didn't tear it.

    When they said he was having heel problems, I wondered a bit if it wasn't fascia related. A primary necessity is rest, even when it isn't severe. Hate to say "we told you so", but...
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  14. #85
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    On pacers.com it has us starting Brandon at SF and Dahntay at SG.

    I'd reverse that or just start Mike at SF and Dahntay at SG and bring Brandon off the bench.

  15. #86
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,520
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On pacers.com it has us starting Brandon at SF and Dahntay at SG.

    I'd reverse that or just start Mike at SF and Dahntay at SG and bring Brandon off the bench.
    Mike is limited at minutes right now, he can't start or play starters minutes yet. Well, unless they are determined to play him through injuries come hell or high water and have him join Danny on the sidelines.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  16. #87
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike is limited at minutes right now, he can't start or play starters minutes yet. Well, unless they are determined to play him through injuries come hell or high water and have him join Danny on the sidelines.
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_091209.html

    I know this isn't always accurate so I'm expecting to see Brandon at SG and Dahntay at SF.

    Possibly a few weeks later, if we're really struggling, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Mike start at SF and Dahntay at SG.

  17. #88
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,520
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_091209.html

    I know this isn't always accurate so I'm expecting to see Brandon at SG and Dahntay at SF.

    Possibly a few weeks later, if we're really struggling, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Mike start at SF and Dahntay at SG.
    I would almost always prefer Mike to come off the bench. To me he's a perfect 6th man type. He would probably finish the majority of the games though.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  18. #89
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would almost always prefer Mike to come off the bench. To me he's a perfect 6th man type. He would probably finish the majority of the games though.
    I agree with you. Based on the team we have this year, he's definitly a better sixth man. Also it's a balance between he and Dahntay at the SF position.

    If Mike plays like he did in the '07-08 season this season, he's got a good shot at winning the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year award. Just felt like adding that in.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  20. #90
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would almost always prefer Mike to come off the bench. To me he's a perfect 6th man type. He would probably finish the majority of the games though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with you. Based on the team we have this year, he's definitly a better sixth man. Also it's a balance between he and Dahntay at the SF position.

    If Mike plays like he did in the '07-08 season this season, he's got a good shot at winning the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year award. Just felt like adding that in.
    Really? We have a team that's 6 and 12 and you two guys prefer our second best player to come off the bench?

    One of you should coach the Pacers!

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  22. #91
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,058

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Shouldn't Mike's ration of minutes be over soon?
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  23. #92
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? We have a team that's 6 and 12 and you two guys prefer our second best player to come off the bench?

    One of you should coach the Pacers!
    I also don't disagree with you here. I think Mike deserves to start some games in the next 4-6 weeks.

    I just don't think we should put him back in the starting lineup too soon. Maybe after week or so. He's only been back a few weeks now and I think putting the starting SF pressure and "Danny's replacement" on him is not a good idea right now.

    I'd say give it a week at least if we're really struggling with Brandon in the starting lineup.

  24. #93
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,826
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    It's a good thing we have four second-best players.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post:


  26. #94
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_sixtyftsixin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give me a L, give me an O, give me a T, give me a T, give me an E, give me a R, give me a Y! What's that spell? LOTTERY!
    John Wall, FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  27. #95

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    To those "fire O'Brien" people with Granger out with an injury, it just gave O'Brien a security blanket to finish out the season as coach. I really expected it anyway. Next year is a totally different story.

  28. #96
    We need John Wall. Thesterovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    I'll be PO'ed when we get #13 in the summer. If we lost that game to Milwaukee we might have Brandon Jennings right now. This is a lost season, like last, and we deserve a decent pick.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

    Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

  29. #97
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shouldn't Mike's ration of minutes be over soon?
    Its an overuse injury and he's on the court sooner rather than later. I suspect the rationing of his minutes may continue until spring. Either because the doctor says "limit them now" or the re-aggravation from continued overuse limits Mike later.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  30. #98
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,034
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Well I let the news settle. I am not surprised this happened.

    Danny has been dinged up all year and he played when many thought he should sit.

    Plus you see the Pacers just got back the majority of their injured players. And so someone had to be injured. It is the price we pay for being the Pacers.



    It is do or die for Brandon though. Either he excels or he is buried behind Head and Watson.

  31. #99

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    How many of you still want Granger to play in the World thing ??

  32. #100
    We need John Wall. Thesterovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: Granger to miss 4-6 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many of you still want Granger to play in the World thing ??
    It's obvious he can't stay healthy during the regular season, so no.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

    Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Similar Threads

  1. Thunder's Wilcox (finger) could miss two weeks [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 06:20 PM
  2. Granger reminds Magic of the past
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 12:56 AM
  3. Diogu Out Four To Six Weeks With Torn Calf Muscle
    By pacers20 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
  4. Ron to miss SEVEN WEEKS...
    By rabid in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 12:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •