Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

Originally posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I don't see Monroe not entering the draft. I believe Bledsoe needs to stay another year in college. Kalin Lucus is out of the tourney with an injury that will take months to heal, so I could see him returning to MSU for another year.

I'm interested in Vasquez as a possible draft pick for the Pacers. I don't believe he a 2nd round pick, but a late mid to late 1st pick. Pacers need to acquire another 1st pick.

I

If Bledsoe does declare I think he would be a great fit at PG. He can shoot the ball and is athletic. With Wall there he is playing out of position so I think if he gets put into a PG spot he could flourish. JMO

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Comment

I don't see Monroe not entering the draft. I believe Bledsoe needs to stay another year in college. Kalin Lucus is out of the tourney with an injury that will take months to heal, so I could see him returning to MSU for another year.

I'm interested in Vasquez as a possible draft pick for the Pacers. I don't believe he a 2nd round pick, but a late mid to late 1st pick. Pacers need to acquire another 1st pick.
      Given the severe drop off in talent when it comes to PGs....I can see some PGs being picked in the 20s. There are multiple Teams ( like the Grizzlies, OKC and the TWolves ) that we can trade into....it just all comes to willingness on the part of TPTB to spend to get it.

Given his size and ability to run the point...I think of another Maryland Terrapin PG.....I think a taller version of Steve Blake. I'd easily want to make a run for him later in the draft.
      Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

We're now at the 8th pick and taking Aldrich according to the Mock Lottery. I hope it doesn't turn out that way.

Detroit would be a better place for him anyway.

Comment

I seriously do not see how Aldrich is tracking in the lottery?

Comment

Originally posted by DGPR View Post
            If Bledsoe does declare I think he would be a great fit at PG. He can shoot the ball and is athletic. With Wall there he is playing out of position so I think if he gets put into a PG spot he could flourish. JMO

My question is "how do you know Bledsoe is going to be a good PG?" I want a TRUE PG not a combo guard that is a good scorer. I'm not interested in a small SG in a PG body, or another Ford style scoring PG. I want a pass 1st, play "D", get other players involved type PG who can score enough to keep the opposition honest. My ideal PG doesn't have to be a star or a big scorer.

Comment

My question is "how do you know Bledsoe is going to be a good PG?" I want a TRUE PG not a combo guard that is a good scorer. I'm not interested in a small SG in a PG body, or another Ford style scoring PG. I want a pass 1st, play "D", get other players involved type PG who can score enough to keep the opposition honest. My ideal PG doesn't have to be a star or a big scorer.
              So you are saying you prefer Bledsoe to Wall?
              "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Comment

espn has bledsoe and some other new guys on their lottery generator.

Comment

Originally posted by pacergod2 View Post
                  So you are saying you prefer Bledsoe to Wall?

No, I didn't say that. I asked how do you know Bledsoe is going to be a good PG? I then stated what I don't want in a PG and what I DO want in a PG.

Comment

I have read that his true position is PG and he excels at it but since they have John Wall too he has to play out of position all the time. I'm talking about a running the offense type of PG.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Comment

Originally posted by DGPR View Post
                      I have read that his true position is PG and he excels at it but since they have John Wall too he has to play out of position all the time. I'm talking about a running the offense type of PG.

If that's the case, he indeed needs to stay at KY to hone his PG skills, and not try to do it on the fly in the NBA after playing out of position in his only year in college.

Comment

http://www.nbadraft.net/node/19573

NBA Draft: Stock Watch
                        By Aran_Smith
                        Tue, 03/23/2010 - 2:58am
                        After one of the most exciting first weekends of the NCAA Tournament in recent memory, including numerous buzzer beaters and close games, we've got a three day break to catch our breath. Let's take a look at the prospects that have have helped and hurt their draft stock during the first weekend.

I've decided to split the Stock Watch up into two parts. The "casualties", players whose teams have been eliminated. And the "survivors", players whose teams are still alive. Here is part one, the casualties.

Rising

Jimmer FredetteJimmer Fredette 6-2 190 PG BYU Jr.

Nobody questions Fredette's shooting and scoring ability, it's his point guard skills and ability to get by defenders that scouts had questions about. Based on his play in the two games in the tourney, Fredette appears to be putting those concerns to rest.

He scored 37 points, putting the Cougars on his back in double OT against Florida in the first round, essentially not allowing them to lose.

He did make one key bad play, dribbling the ball right into a defender, but redeemed himself with number of drives to the basket to finish out the game.

He either scored or get fouled and put in two free throws seemingly every time he decided to. He also showed an excellent handle and the blow by speed to get by defenders, utilizing his trademark scoop shots around the rim.

His ball handling ability is underrated and he had minimal trouble dealing with the speed of the jitterbug quick Florida guards.

BYU ran into a hot Kansas State team in round 2, and while Fredette impressed once again, he wasn't able to help the Cougars advance. Fredette had trouble getting good looks, finishing 5-13 from the floor and 10-11 from the line with 21 points. K-State was able to use their quick guard tandem and a defense designed to key on him to slow him down.

Earlier in the year, after Fredette scored 49 points on his team, Arizona Wildcats coach Sean Miller compared Fredette to Mark Price. The comparison is an appropriate one as Fredette shows a lot of the same attributes being an excellent shooter, crafty scorer and a good decision maker.

Fredette's sophomore teammate Michael Loyd Jr., a sophomore also made a name for himself in the Florida game making numerous big plays, showing excellent body control and the ability to play clutch. He had 26 points and 4 steals in what at that point was the biggest game of his career. Loyd must develop his point guard skills over the next 2 seasons. for an NBA shot.

Word from those close to Fredette is that he is likely to return to BYU, but will toss his name into the draft pool and gauge team's interest in him. After such an impressive finish to the year, he has a legitimate shot of being a first rounder but could certainly put another season to good use, working on his point guard skills and further enhance his chances to be a first rounder.

Greivis Vasquez 6-6 190 PG Maryland Sr.

Greivis VasquezVasquez has an outside shot of being selected in the first round as there are definitely some GMs that are high on him.

He's one of those mind over matter type of players that upon first glance you easily dismiss as not having NBA caliber talent, due to athleticism and quickness limitations.

But Vasquez has become one of the best players in the ACC and one of Maryland's all time greats. He has consistently shown the ability to raise his level of play in big games (beating UNC last season) as well as knocking down big shots (2 big ones in the final minute against Michigan State).

If not for Korie Lucious' miraculous buzzer beater, Vasquez would have added another game winner to his legend.

Despite losing, his play in the final 2 minutes was remarkable. Maryland was down 9, 80-71 with 2 minutes to go. Vasquez put the team on his back orchestrating an amazing comeback, scoring 10 of the team's final 12 points with two clutch go-ahead shots in the final 40 seconds. His runner in the lane with 7 seconds left appeared to be the game clincher but "Dancing Bear"- Draymond Green and Lucious had other ideas. Vasquez finished with 26 pts (9-20) and 8 reb making yet another clutch performance on a big stage.

Being such a cerebral, gritty player, his game should continue to develop as his pro career progresses. He is also very adept at running the pick and roll, something that is a desired commodity in today's NBA.

He's a tough player to find a good NBA comparison for but the player who comes to mind is 6'6 Greek basketball star Dimitris Diamantidis. DD has a similar style playing the team game, setting up teammates and stepping up for big shots. He plays for the same team that gave Nick Calathes a big contract last summer, Panathinaikos. Vasquez has as much or more potential to be a star in Europe as Calathes, should his lack of speed force him overseas.

Jon Leuer 6-10 215 PF Wisconsin Jr.

Jon LeuerWisconsin's versatile bigman had a nice 2 game showcase of his athleticism and developing skills.

He was by far Wisconsin's best player averaging 21.5 in the two games on 57% (16-28 fg).

Leuer also knocked down a huge shot late in the Woffard game to help the Badgers advance.

Leuer still needs to add strength to his frame in order to play in the post at the next level, but his ball handling ability and face up game gives him some intrigue as a 6-10 inside/outside forward.

Keith Benson 6-11 225 C Oakland Jr.

Deserves mention for his 28 and 9 performance against such a strong defensive team in Pitt. But truthfully, Benson looked terrible in the first half and scored a majority of his points with the game well in Pitt's hands.

Benson still has major trouble with contact, scoring most of his baskets using finesse and off the ball put backs and ally oops. When forced to isolate in the post, he has trouble even against considerably shorter opponents since his lack of body strength makes it difficult for him to power to the basket.

He could make for an interesting second round pick next year, but would be wise to return to Oakland and work hard on his body. Right now he's just too weak physically to get very excited about.

Aubrey Coleman 6-2 200 SG Houston Sr.

The nation's leading scorer kept up with his season long pace scoring 26 points (9-20 fg). The fact that the Cougars made the tournament to begin with was a surprise, but the fact that they were handled easily by 4 seed Maryland surprised no one.

Coleman is an interesting prospect. While scouts are proned to discredit Houston players due to former coach Tom Penders helter skelter, run-and-gun style of play, winning the Conference USA tournament to earn an NCAA bid counts for something.

The Houston Cougar senior is a bouncy, undersized 2-guard with a scorers mentality. First round is considered a long shot for him but he's a likely second rounder due to his scoring prowess and athleticism, despite his lack of size.

Elias Harris 6-8 220 SF Gonzaga Fr.

Harris put up 24 and 8 against the #1 seed Syracuse Orange. But he was actually even more impressive in the Zags win over Florida State in which he only scored 13 and 3.

Against Syracuse, nearly all of his points came on easy dunks as he played the role of zone buster running the baseline behind the 2-3 zone, while his teammates looked to get him the ball. When they were successful, it usually resulted in easy dunks or lay ins for Harris.

He struggled when he was forced to make plays going towards the basket from the perimeter or in the open floor, and his lack of passing skills were exposed.

Against Florida State he mixed in a few nice 12-15 foot jumpers, along with his usual aerial display. Without question he's an NBA athlete with above average explosiveness. The concerns about him revolve around his ability to bring his perimeter skills up to snuff, and his perimeter defense. And the question now is, would a team take a gamble on him late in the first round considering his raw perimeter skills.

Taking into consideration his age and the wave of hype that surrounded him earlier in the year, it might be his best opportunity to get in the first round by entering this year.

Falling

Sherron Collins 5-11 180 PG Kansas Sr.
                        Tyshawn Taylor 6-3 180 SG Kansas So.

Sherron CollinsNo player's first round bubble was more directly tied to winning the NCAA title than Collins. Had the Jayhawks cut down the nets in Indy as many expected, it would have been tough to foresee Collins falling out of the first round.

Collins looked sharp against Lehigh going for 18 pts (7-14 fg) with 6 ast with just 1 to.

Unfortunately his college career and KU's chances of winning it all came to a crashing end as Northern Iowa built a first half lead and never surrendered it in one of the most memorable upsets in NCAA tournament history.

40 years from now, KU players will likely still be waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweats yelling out the name "Farokhmanesh!"

Collins' numbers against Northern Iowa were a disappointing 10 points on 4-15 fg and 0-6 from 3 point range, including 4 ast and 5 turnovers. He also missed a number of shots down the stretch.

With Collins lack of size, limited explosiveness and a lack of natural point guard skills, KU falling short of a title makes him a likely early-mid second rounder.

The fireplug senior got little help from his back court mate Tyshawn Taylor who was even more ineffective. Taylor shot 0-6 overall and 0-5 from 3, and frankly had no business taking any big shots coming down the stretch in this game. Taylor is seen as a potential second rounder after 4 years if he can learn to become a better decision maker. Despite being an above average athlete, he lacks a true position at the next level.

Collins' teammates Xavier Henry and Cole Aldrich also were hurt to some degree by Kansas bowing out early. They didn't play terribly bad, but it's their inability to enhance their stock going forward which hurts. Both are pegged in the late lottery.

Scottie Reynolds

Scottie ReynoldsFrom last year's hero to this year's goat. Despite scoring 20 points in their opening round win over Robert Morris, Reynolds was extremely unimpressive getting bailed out on a number of drives to the basket where he clearly was not fouled.

Villanova probably did not deserve to win that game as they received a number of "big school calls" down the stretch. At one point, Robert Morris coach Mike Rice justifiably walked off the court in protest of the terrible officiating.

But Nova's tourney run would not last long anyway.

Reynolds ability to get to the line and convert (15-16 ft) was his only saving grace as his lack of playmaking skills was apparent in both games.

After such an impressive regular season in which scouts were beginning to warm up to the idea of Reynolds getting drafted, he had a nightmare showing in the tournament. Shooting 2-15 in the first round and following that up with a 2-11 performance isn't exactly the way to cement a draft spot.

Reynolds came close to winning Big East POY, as the award ultimately went to Syracuse's Wes Johnson, but Reynolds showed surprising improvement in his senior season, particularly in his decision making. Regardless he's long been considered a 2-guard in a point guards clothing and gets little buzz from NBA scouts despite his big profile on the college level.

His tourney performance will certainly make it tougher for him to get drafted and make a team.

Luke Harangody 6-7 244 SF/PF Notre Dame Sr.

Apparently the knee injury that knocked him out for the last few weeks of the regular season hadn't fully healed. Harangody was a shadow of the player that dominated the Big East over the past 4 seasons. It's a shame to see such a tremendous college player's career come to an end so unceremoniously.

Regardless, Harangody has his work cut out for him to crack a spot in the first round. He is still seen as a likely mid second rounder based on his body of work over his college career. But he'll need to check out in physicals and show that there is no long term issues going on with his knee.

Harangody finished with a total of 4 points (2-9 fg), both of his baskets came in the final 13 seconds of the game. with the Irish coming up a point short.

Kalin Lucas 6-0 170 PG Michigan St. Jr.

While Sparty continues to play, his season is over, so he has been placed on the casualties list.

Our apologies for adding insult to injury (literally) but Lucas rupturing his Achilles is obviously a blow for his future, particularly if he had any aspirations of leaving this year.

Lucas had a tremendous first round game scoring 25 pts (7-11 fg, 3-5 3p) against New Mexico State. He was in position to further improve his draft stock with a deep tourney run, before the unfortunate injury. According to reports, he'll be out 6-8 months and hopes to be back to full strength next season.

Darrington Hobson 6-8 225 SF New Mexico Jr.

Hobson didn't harm himself too bad with his tourney play, as he shot well in both games. He just failed to stand out or register much of a scoring output.

11 points in each game are below par for a player vying for a spot in the first round. But he did fill out the box score in other areas nicely.

In the match up with Washington in the second round, Hobson got outplayed by fellow small forward and first round hopeful, Quincy Pondexter.

Hobson shows a lot of versatility for a 6-7 forward with excellent vision and playmaking skills. He's also an adept scorer with long arms. While he's not an elite level athlete, he possesses a solid feel for the game.

Scouts view him as a likely early-to-mid second rounder for this years draft.

Avery Bradley 6-3 180 SG Texas Fr.

Avery BradleyBradley shot just 4-15 (9 pts) in Texas' opening round loss to Wake Forest.

He did not have the impressive season many envisioned he would as the #1 rated prospect on some recruiting lists.

We learned (and tweeted) Monday that Bradley intends to enter his name into the NBA draft, having already planned to ship his car home to Washington and will head home on Wednesday.

Bradley showed flashes this season of tremendous talent. Unfortunately those performances came along with a lot of inconsistent play.

The consensus among scouts is that he's not ready and is rolling the dice by entering the draft this year. There aren't a lot of teams looking for a project combo guard and that's what Bradley is considered, therefore he is not a lock for the first round.

It's a weak draft, and Bradley could find a spot in the first round with a team that likes his potential, but he also could find himself caught in a numbers game and slip into the second round.
                        @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

After watching a few games and coming to a realization that we may not be picking too early I have really started to like Hassan Whiteside and Eric Bledsoe. Whiteside would be a nice defensive next to Hibbert and could continue to develop his offensive while providing a much needed defensive presence. And I think Bledsoe while not having Wall's athletic ability but having a better jumper could be a very special player. He may be a bit overshadowed due to Cousins/Wall and be a sleeper "Arenas" like pick or he could be a product due to the spotlight being on them but time will tell. Just thoughts.
                          Vita sine honore vivere not est.

Comment

Originally posted by Pointz View Post
                            After watching a few games and coming to a realization that we may not be picking too early I have really started to like Hassan Whiteside and Eric Bledsoe. Whiteside would be a nice defensive next to Hibbert and could continue to develop his offensive while providing a much needed defensive presence. And I think Bledsoe while not having Wall's athletic ability but having a better jumper could be a very special player. He may be a bit overshadowed due to Cousins/Wall and be a sleeper "Arenas" like pick or he could be a product due to the spotlight being on them but time will tell. Just thoughts.
                            The more and more I read about Whiteside the more I like. We would do well to take him and run.

Comment

nbadraft.net has Cole Aldrich falling back as far as 14th. I'd take Patrick Patterson at 8 or 9. Maybe 10.

Comment

People have been talking about Hassan Whiteside being in our pick range. I have one simple question for those who have watched him play.

Is he any different than Thabeet?
                                "man, PG has been really good."

Comment

Working...
                                X