Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 2259

Thread: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

  1. #101

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Quote Originally Posted by millertime90 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if the pacers draft cousins or sanders, you can kiss this franchise goodbye. this upcoming draft will, imo, make or break the pacers time in indianapolis. therefore, the pacers MUST draft a franchise player, or at the least an all-star level talent, with the pick they have.
    Well drafting well is always important no matter what year or what the situation is of the team.

    Make or break the Pacers? I don't think so not one draft. We don't have a clue what range the Pacers will pick it could be top 5 or it could be out of the lottery we don't know there is still 4 months left of the season that is a lot of ball games to be played.

    If the Pacers MUST draft a franchise player then they are probably screwed. They don't come around every draft and while John Wall looks like one he is probably it.

  2. #102
    We need John Wall. Thesterovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well drafting well is always important no matter what year or what the situation is of the team.

    Make or break the Pacers? I don't think so not one draft. We don't have a clue what range the Pacers will pick it could be top 5 or it could be out of the lottery we don't know there is still 4 months left of the season that is a lot of ball games to be played.

    If the Pacers MUST draft a franchise player then they are probably screwed. They don't come around every draft and while John Wall looks like one he is probably it.
    Potentially Evan Turner, Derrick Favors, Patterson, Aldrich, and Ed Davis (Whom I'm not a big fan of, despite being a huge UNC fan).

    I have no real opinion on Donotas Monte---- , anyone ever seen him play?
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

    Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    I really hope Indiana gets a decent pick in this draft. Wall seems unlikely, as Indiana would have to totally tank to get him, and I'm afraid Favors and Turner will also be gone early. However, I think that there are other prospects that could really help. It looks like there will be some nice prospects available at PF; I just hope Indiana selects one that can defend inside and isn't afraid of contact.

    BTW, what am I missing about Willie Warren? He doesn't seem like he should be projected so high to me.
    Last edited by IndyPacer; 12-28-2009 at 09:07 AM.

  4. #104
    We need John Wall. Thesterovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Theres a huge thread thats on here. Its "NBA Recruit Center" or something, We have a bunch of little articles and opinions on players.

    If I could rank the players by tiers, I would do it like this:

    1sr tier: John Wall (All NBA, HOF potential)
    2nd tier: Derrick Favors, Evan Turner (Perenial AS potential)
    3rd tier: Patrick Patterson, Ed Davis, Cole Aldrich, Xavier Henry, Devin Ebanks (Very good players, 1 or 2 AS appearances perhaps)
    4th tier: Willie Warren, Greg Monroe, Larry Sanders (Fringe starters, good 6th/7th men)

    All of this is based on my opinion, and if it helps, go to mock drafts as well.

    *THIS IS REPLYING TO BILL NYES OLD THREAD*
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

    Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Thesterovic For This Useful Post:


  6. #105
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,642

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grammar RANT

    Anthem correcting grammar is so terrible? It's not like he was a d*** about it. We all understand typos and spelling mistakes, but this was a correctly spelled word being used incorrectly. Plus it's one of the most common mistakes going these days.

    I'm starting to really hate this era of "being smart makes you a loser". I will type in sound-alikes with the best of them but that doesn't mean everyone has to accept it. Go ahead and point it out, I'm happy for the editing help.

    This is a forum of WRITTEN communication. It doesn't hurt to be a competent writer if you are going to participate. People will judge your writing just as much as they'd judge an accent or pronunciation if you were speaking. Doesn't mean the points being made are wrong, it's just a fact of life.
    I'm a competent writer. I won my 6th grade spelling bee. I know the difference between their/they're/there, then/than, its/it's/its', and it bugs me to all get out when someone says "I could care less" (which is absolutely wrong; if you could care less, then (not than) that means you care "somewhat", which is contradictory to your argument if you're (not your) trying to indicate that you don't give a crap about something).

    However --- I also understand context. A forum is not a publication. Correcting someone's grammar on a forum is like a father screaming at his 4th-grade kid's soccer coach for a missed call. Sure it was a missed call, but it's 4th grade ---- context, dude. I'm not grading your forum posts. If we wanted to get grammatically critical, I could contend that you need to learn to convey your thoughts with LESS WORDS --- otherwise known as conciseness. I'm sure you have excellent things to say, except I get to paragraph 5 and think, "Alright, moving on, I understood his point by sentence 2".

    I knew what the dude meant. I, personally, have typed "their" when I should have used "they're" so many times it's not funny, but that's what happens after a long day at work, a 3-page honey-do list, whiny employees, a screaming kid, a few beers, etc...
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-28-2009 at 06:38 PM.

  7. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Willie Warren could be the Russell Westbrook to John Wall's Derrick Rose. And what about Evan Turner? Prior to his injury he was running the point for Ohio State. If he can do the same in the NBA, I'd argue his upside is just as high as John Wall's, up in pre-injury Penny Hardaway territory.

  8. #107
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,645

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    I really think Willie Warren is an undersized two guard. He interests me very little.

  9. #108

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    I like Wesley Johnson out of Cuse, Turner, and Al-Farouq Aminu out of Wake.

  10. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Lafayette, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    437

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    As the great patriot Patrick Henry so famously said...

    "Give Me Wall Or Give Me Death."

  11. #110
    We need John Wall. Thesterovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    The WORST thing about Willie Warren is that he's neither athletic nor explosive. So his off the ball movement BETTER be good. Otherwise he's an Eddie House tops.

    See, I've NEVER saw Solomon Alabi, Wes Johnson, or Al Farouq-Aminu. Can someone show me some games that I could see them in? On ESPN or something?
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

    Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

  12. #111
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    I think we need a F/C in this draft who can play PF next to Roy and C next to Tyler. I think he needs to be pretty athletic and able to rebound, play help defense, and play man defense. Does such a man exist in this draft?

  13. #112
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,645

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we need a F/C in this draft who can play PF next to Roy and C next to Tyler. I think he needs to be pretty athletic and able to rebound, play help defense, and play man defense. Does such a man exist in this draft?
    Derrick Favors? He's the closest I can think of off the top of my head.

  14. #113
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,803

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Looking beyond the 2010-2011 season, I figure that the only positions that we will need to draft for ( while completely ignoring the standard "draft the best Player available" philosophy ) are the PGs and PF/C positions inbetween now and the 2011-2012 Offseason.

    As Hicks suggested.....we need a PF/C that can play next to Roy and Hansbrough.....but ( duh ) we also have to look at drafting a PG inbetween now and then as well.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  15. #114
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,006

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    I think we have too many holes to be very selective. Therefore I would hope we would just take the best player available to us and not base our pick on an assumed position of need.

    It would be nice though if that player would be a PF/C or a PG. We'll see.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  16. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    We're within 1.5 games of a top-3 lottery slot, and just 3 games out of the top-2.

  17. #116
    Member ToasterBusVIP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're within 1.5 games of a top-3 lottery slot, and just 3 games out of the top-2.
    We're also 3 games out of the #8 spot in the east, and out of the lottery entirely!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to ToasterBusVIP For This Useful Post:


  19. #117
    Member Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBusVIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're also 3 games out of the #8 spot in the east, and out of the lottery entirely!
    Isn't it stunning how bad the East remains?

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodle For This Useful Post:


  21. #118
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,558

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we need a F/C in this draft who can play PF next to Roy and C next to Tyler. I think he needs to be pretty athletic and able to rebound, play help defense, and play man defense. Does such a man exist in this draft?

    What about Demarcus Cousins? Anyone seen him play this year?

  22. #119
    We need John Wall. Thesterovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we need a F/C in this draft who can play PF next to Roy and C next to Tyler. I think he needs to be pretty athletic and able to rebound, play help defense, and play man defense. Does such a man exist in this draft?
    I think that is what Tyler was supposed to be, but it turns out that he is alot better than that.

    Of course with my man crush on Larry Sanders I'd mention him first, but he may never end up a "real" banger and more of a Solomon Jones on speed.

    Someone mentioned Derrick Favors, but he's just an amazing beast on offense too.

    Since we'll probably get two second round picks, we'll probably want to look for that Jeff Foster/Antonio Davis later in the second. Every team needs that guy, and he needs to be a leader and very vocal too.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

    Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

  23. #120
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Derrick Favors? He's the closest I can think of off the top of my head.
    I don't see how a 6'9" 215lbs guy can play center for you. Hell, it seems like Tyler would be the center if they're both on the floor together.

  24. #121
    We need John Wall. Thesterovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about Demarcus Cousins? Anyone seen him play this year?
    He's a beast in the low post, outmuscling them, and overpowering them for dunks and and ones. He doesn't really have a hookshot, he fouls alot, and he needs to stay in college longer. He's an okay defender.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

    Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

  25. #122
    We need John Wall. Thesterovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see how a 6'9" 215lbs guy can play center for you. Hell, it seems like Tyler would be the center if they're both on the floor together.
    He's also super-lanky.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

    Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

  26. #123
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,294

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see how a 6'9" 215lbs guy can play center for you. Hell, it seems like Tyler would be the center if they're both on the floor together.
    his frame and athleticism has drawn comparisons to dwight howard. howard himself is just 6'10'' in shoes.

    not to say that favors will be the next superman though. but remember that howard was pretty raw coming into the league from high school, so perhaps the comparison as potential draftees isn't that far off.

    tyler measured at 6'10'' but his arms aren't that long and he's not a great leaper either.

  27. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    I've seen some sites list Favors as big as 6'10", 245 lb.

  28. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Theres a huge thread thats on here. Its "NBA Recruit Center" or something, We have a bunch of little articles and opinions on players.

    If I could rank the players by tiers, I would do it like this:

    1sr tier: John Wall (All NBA, HOF potential)
    2nd tier: Derrick Favors, Evan Turner (Perenial AS potential)
    3rd tier: Patrick Patterson, Ed Davis, Cole Aldrich, Xavier Henry, Devin Ebanks (Very good players, 1 or 2 AS appearances perhaps)
    4th tier: Willie Warren, Greg Monroe, Larry Sanders (Fringe starters, good 6th/7th men)

    All of this is based on my opinion, and if it helps, go to mock drafts as well.

    *THIS IS REPLYING TO BILL NYES OLD THREAD*
    for the most part, i agree with your first three tiers. i am very confident that wall and turner are the best two players in this draft and would love to get my hands on either one, more realistically turner. it would be so sweet if we could nab an extra lottery pick this year.

    as for cousins. the kid is a hot head. one of the most immature players you'll find in the college game. think david harrison, but with three times the amount of talent.

Similar Threads

  1. Draft Rater: Prospects 1st to worst, by John Hollinger
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 06:52 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 03:27 PM
  3. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 7
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 01:46 AM
  4. Top Draft Prospects
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 11:41 PM
  5. 06-18
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 05:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •