|)__)
    -"-"-

3. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Banned

Default Re: Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center

Wall is really unselfish, the guy pass the ball a bit to much I think

Banned

my guy Greivis Vasquez had 30pts and 7 asst last night, he is one guy the pacers should look at in the second round, plus he is a senior.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    my guy Greivis Vasquez had 30pts and 7 asst last night, he is one guy the pacers should look at in the second round, plus he is a senior.
    I like Greivis as well. I've been keeping an eye on him as my wife if from Venezuela. He'd be the first player from Ven to play in the NBA, I think.

Anywho, I do like the guy, but I think his knock is that he's not very fast and not athletic enough. I haven't had a chance to see him play, but he's always put up good numbers.

I think the Pacers really need some athleticism.

If we end up with a pick after #1 in the top 5 I hope to God we go with Evan Turner. Im not one of these guys who thinks Rush is a bust, but I dont really like him as Grangers starting sidekick at the wing. I think Rush is part of the longterm puzzle as th first wing off the bench, and one that can come in and be a shutdown defender, but I can see Turner being a legit starting shooting guard in the league, and I think the BRoy comparrisons are spot on. Even with the #2 pick I say if Turners back is ok, you take him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I like Greivis as well. I've been keeping an eye on him as my wife if from Venezuela. He'd be the first player from Ven to play in the NBA, I think.

Anywho, I do like the guy, but I think his knock is that he's not very fast and not athletic enough. I haven't had a chance to see him play, but he's always put up good numbers.

I think the Pacers really need some athleticism.
    he would be like the 3th or 4th player from venezuela to play in the NBA, there was Carl Herrera who played for the Rockets and Torres who did not do much and about Graivis, I think he could be a nice back up PG maybe an starter in the future, he can shoot and pass and last year he average almost a triple doble for the year.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-13-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylder1324 View Post
    If we end up with a pick after #1 in the top 5 I hope to God we go with Evan Turner. Im not one of these guys who thinks Rush is a bust, but I dont really like him as Grangers starting sidekick at the wing. I think Rush is part of the longterm puzzle as th first wing off the bench, and one that can come in and be a shutdown defender, but I can see Turner being a legit starting shooting guard in the league, and I think the BRoy comparrisons are spot on. Even with the #2 pick I say if Turners back is ok, you take him.
    Wall,Turner and Favors are why I want a top three pick this year!

However, this years draft is deep in front court players so I'm thinking we will be able to pick up the player we need to go along with Hibbert and Hans, even if we miss at the top.

he would be like the 3th or 4th player from venezuela to play in the NBA, there was Carl Herrera who played for the Rockets and Torres who did not do much and about Graivis, I think he could be a nice back up PG maybe an starter in the future, he can shoot and pass and last year he average almost a triple doble for the year.
    although i like what he can bring to the court, hes got major attitude problems and a fat ego. i dont think thats what this team needs.
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

Is anybody else not sold on favors? i think he could use a year or 2 longer at Gtech. he hasnt impressed. and i dont say that because his numbers arent that great. ive seen him play a couple of times. hes not confidant, he hesitates too much, looks like a guy who relied too heavily on his athletic abilities in high school against inferior opponents.

in fact i like his sidekick, gani lawal, alot better.
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

Quote Originally Posted by IndyProdigy View Post
    Is anybody else not sold on favors? i think he could use a year or 2 longer at Gtech. he hasnt impressed. and i dont say that because his numbers arent that great. ive seen him play a couple of times. hes not confidant, he hesitates too much, looks like a guy who relied too heavily on his athletic abilities in high school against inferior opponents.

Haven't had a chance to see Favors, just the description that he is an Amare clone. Maybe you can't always buy the hype, but I have so far.

I saw Wall play, and he could do wonders for the Pacers. Just needs to make better decisions on the court, but the guy can flat out ball.

Evan Turner is my number 2 guy right now. This guy is going to be really good and I think the comparisons to Brandon Roy are very fair.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IndyProdigy View Post

I do,

I think Lawal might actually be better
    Sittin on top of the world!

Who is your favorite foreign player in this draft?

I have been watching Alexey Shved 6'6" PG/SG from Russia.

And i love his game. Draftnet compared him to Penny Hardaway. And anytime that happens, you have to consider.

With 3 picks this year, i wouldnt be surprised if we went with at least one foreign player.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Boy, did I get a wake up call on Brackins. The real "Dale" is on KY.

I finally got to sit down and really watch Kentucky. I can't believe how much bigger Patterson is this year. He's got huge arms and looks like a mountain. He's easily as quick as Brackins, good off the dribble, just an all-around bad a**.

The weird thing is that with the trio of freshman he's kinda left out of the loop. They post Cousins all the time and Patterson ends up being set to the side a little. Some of this is on him to find his way into the flow, but not all of it.

So what you get is lower stats from a guy that seems capable of doing damn near anything at anytime if the ball gets near him. He is up and down for dunks in no time flat, huge power, graceful footwork, quick AND fast, strong.

There were a couple of plays, one a break, where he's just suddenly flying, moving faster than people and with tons of power. I couldn't figure out why every play wasn't just iso Wall/Patterson on the PnR and let mayhem rain down on FLA.

Wall is just quick as hell, it's nuts. He's got a nice moving jumper, passes well, runs the floor not to bad at this point. Remember that Rose didn't burn it up early on, he was up and down till about FEB IIRC. I don't really have anything bad to say about him, but at the same time other than speed I don't see a kid that's once in a lifetime stuff. He's not Kobe lanky and unstoppable, he's not James bulky and tall. Maybe he's Iverson quick, but far less selfish. Not sure about as strong as AI to the rim.

He's fine as a #1 pick, but I don't think he's going to be the MVP of the league or something. And I'm not sold yet that he's going to be a bigger impact pro than Patterson can be.

BTW, I've said all along that KY was my favorite to win it all and that Meeks was a fool to come out for a 2nd round paycheck rather than riding this gravy train to a title and stardom. They look like a force, way too many options to be stopped. Maybe TX, not sure KS even has enough.

If/when KY is stopped it should be a pretty amazing effort by the opponent.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

The top international guys coming into the season appear to be Donatas Matiejunas and Jan Vesely. There is some footage of Matiejunas out there and people see him as a Dirk, but I'm not sure. I need to see more than just a few highlight moments.

Turner looks okay to me, but I'm not blown away. He's a good slasher. I need to see more, plus he's just returned so I want to see how he looks a month from now.

I will say that a kid like Turner looks MUCH better than a kid like Warren or M Lee. But is he clearly better than Xavier Henry? I'm not sure yet, haven't seen enough KS. I just catch 5 minutes here and there of games.

I did see enough the other day to think that Aldrich is looking more like Ostertag and less like a great draft pick right now. I need to see a couple of their games straight through.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    The top international guys coming into the season appear to be Donatas Matiejunas and Jan Vesely. There is some footage of Matiejunas out there and people see him as a Dirk, but I'm not sure. I need to see more than just a few highlight moments.

Turner looks okay to me, but I'm not blown away. He's a good slasher. I need to see more, plus he's just returned so I want to see how he looks a month from now.

I will say that a kid like Turner looks MUCH better than a kid like Warren or M Lee. But is he clearly better than Xavier Henry? I'm not sure yet, haven't seen enough KS. I just catch 5 minutes here and there of games.

I did see enough the other day to think that Aldrich is looking more like Ostertag and less like a great draft pick right now. I need to see a couple of their games straight through.

Probably the same ones that thought Darko Millic or Nicholas T(whatever his last name)
    Sittin on top of the world!

The thing that really impresses me with Turner is his handles and ability to move though
    traffic. He is very athletic and has superior ball handling ability. He would put Brandon on the bench as he is a scorer and can play some defense. He needs to get a little stronger
    but that will come.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

Rush would be a great wing off the bench behind Turner. Rush can still score and shoot in streaks, his defense is great, and he can play the 3 if need be too. I think Rush would be better suited in that type of role anyway. Turner, Granger, Hibby, Hans, Price...dream land baby.
    Roy Hibbert.... It's the POWER!!!

Banned

can anybody tell me to what games should I watch today? I don't know much about the players or college basketball

can anybody tell me to what games should I watch today? I don't know much about the players or college basketball
    Sorry, but I didn't see this till now. The Clemson/UNC game was on and what I watched after I got back from the Pacers game. Not sure if you have access to the college pack, or maybe can pick up some games on ESPN.com 360 replays.

Texas - Iowa St was one to see, one I wish I'd seen (hope its on 360) because you get Bradley plus Brackins (Iowa St) vs the outstanding Texas squad in general. Good measuring stick.

I F'd up and forgot to Tivo the Nevada game on ESPN2 tonight for Luke Babbitt. He'll be a tough guy to see on national TV.

Duke (Singler) went against Boston College, not a great one but interesting. Singler had a good game, I saw some of his highlights and he really has matured into a pretty slick athlete.

I think Syracuse (W. Johnson) vs Rutgers (Rosario, Ndiaye) was another to catch. Johnson didn't shoot well but had plenty of boards. Ndiaye got tons of rebounds and 3 blocks, which proves that he wasn't just getting over on 2nd rate talent. Rosario is a great scorer, but didn't shoot well and from what I've seen is forcing a lot of action because Rutgers doesn't have enough offense around him.

Saturday has two big time games to watch on ESPN (or Tivo)
    PF showdown of UNC vs Ga Tech
    You get Davis and Henson measured against Favors and Lawal

SG/SF showdown of Syracuse vs West Virginia
    That's got Wesley Johnson going against Ebanks.

You couldn't ask for much better, the chance to see the same types of players of similar quality measured against each other

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Wall,Turner and Favors are why I want a top three pick this year!

However, this years draft is deep in front court players so I'm thinking we will be able to pick up the player we need to go along with Hibbert and Hans, even if we miss at the top.
    A top 4 pick would guarantee Wall, Turner, Favors, or Davis, the players I want most.

One or two of those guys (but not Wall) might be available in the 6 to 8 range, but that's iffy. I'm hoping prospects like the Dirk-wannabe gets hyped to high heaven and drops a better player to the Pacers. But I'm also fearful JOB might actually want that guy. No thanks!

I think Patterson will be a really solid pro, but I don't see him becoming a star in the NBA. He looks powerful, active, and athletic, but he won't look as impressive in those areas against the NBA's best PFs. I think he'll be a solid pro player for whomever gets him, but I'm looking for more than solid if we get a high pick.

Henry has the look of an NBA player already, but I wouldn't take him in the top 10. I don't think he's quite athletic enough even though he is very powerful. He scores points, but I don't know about his defensive potential long-term. I would rather see if Rush pans out.

UNC vs Clemson
    Davis, Henson

I don't see anything with Davis, and Henson's worse. As guys that might become something perhaps due to being tall and moderately athletic, but as elite PF prospects now it's a joke. Booker destroyed them, not just did better but outmatched them both on the court and as a potential NBA PF player, it was two different levels of talent. He was stronger, faster, and way more involved.

First off, Henson is a stick. He looks like he weighs 160. Davis is bigger, but not a ton. Davis is very awkward running up court, he's slow and often didn't even get up court on transition offense. He's got long arms so he can reach for shots, but watching him in the post on either end was a lot like watching Bender do the same with the Pacers.

Now it's possible that Davis gets more bulk and power as he gets older, but right now it's not there. There is no way you put him next to Patterson (KY) and see anything close to the same level of force and power.

Booker, no slouch I'll admit, moved Davis off the block on either end at will. Davis tried to post several times and simply could not retain the post position. He'd get flipped over and have to then try to work to get back in front again. He couldn't protect his position long enough to be safely fed.

Now if Davis was this incredible face up guy then okay, but as your monster force guy on the frontline, no way. Not yet at least.

And Hensen is half that, insanely scrawny for a PF. Almost delicate.

I will be very interested to see what they look like vs Lawal and Favors.

I thought they already looked small compared to Ndiaye.

UNC vs Clemson
    Davis, Henson

I don't see anything with Davis, and Henson's worse. As guys that might become something perhaps due to being tall and moderately athletic, but as elite PF prospects now it's a joke. Booker destroyed them, not just did better but outmatched them both on the court and as a potential NBA PF player, it was two different levels of talent. He was stronger, faster, and way more involved.

First off, Henson is a stick. He looks like he weighs 160. Davis is bigger, but not a ton. Davis is very awkward running up court, he's slow and often didn't even get up court on transition offense. He's got long arms so he can reach for shots, but watching him in the post on either end was a lot like watching Bender do the same with the Pacers.

Now it's possible that Davis gets more bulk and power as he gets older, but right now it's not there. There is no way you put him next to Patterson (KY) and see anything close to the same level of force and power.

Booker, no slouch I'll admit, moved Davis off the block on either end at will. Davis tried to post several times and simply could not retain the post position. He'd get flipped over and have to then try to work to get back in front again. He couldn't protect his position long enough to be safely fed.

Now if Davis was this incredible face up guy then okay, but as your monster force guy on the frontline, no way. Not yet at least.

And Hensen is half that, insanely scrawny for a PF. Almost delicate.

I will be very interested to see what they look like vs Lawal and Favors.

I thought they already looked small compared to Ndiaye.
    Even being as skinny as he is, Ed Davis is blocking 3 shots per game and getting 10 rpg. As he fills out a bit and adds bulk, he will become much more effective. I agree he's not ready to play inside against the PFs of the NBA yet, but I think he's going to be quite good down the road.

Sports Logo

Boy, did I get a wake up call on Brackins. The real "Dale" is on KY.

I finally got to sit down and really watch Kentucky. I can't believe how much bigger Patterson is this year. He's got huge arms and looks like a mountain. He's easily as quick as Brackins, good off the dribble, just an all-around bad a**.

The weird thing is that with the trio of freshman he's kinda left out of the loop. They post Cousins all the time and Patterson ends up being set to the side a little. Some of this is on him to find his way into the flow, but not all of it.

So what you get is lower stats from a guy that seems capable of doing damn near anything at anytime if the ball gets near him. He is up and down for dunks in no time flat, huge power, graceful footwork, quick AND fast, strong.

There were a couple of plays, one a break, where he's just suddenly flying, moving faster than people and with tons of power. I couldn't figure out why every play wasn't just iso Wall/Patterson on the PnR and let mayhem rain down on FLA.
    Okay....obvious question...you think that Patterson is NBA-Ready? Is he ready to take on the Big Boys?

or

Is he Jordan Hill Part Deux?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Okay....obvious question...you think that Patterson is NBA-Ready? Is he ready to take on the Big Boys?

or

Is he Jordan Hill Part Deux?
    He looks better than Hill. In college (heck, even in his pre-draft workout footage) Hill looked pretty stiff and mechanical. He just never impressed me much.

Patterson looks like he's got some skill, but you just don't know how much translates to the pro game. In the pros, he's gonna be somewhat of an undersized power player. He's definitely an NBA player and I wouldn't have a problem taking him from around #8-12.

John Wall pretty much puts everyone else to shame, but there are some other pretty talented guys in this draft.