Thread: Pacers Awaiting Granger's MRI, Preparing For Worst

Default Pacers Awaiting Granger's MRI, Preparing For Worst

The Pacers are preparing to be without All-Star forward Danny Granger for quite some time.

"That's my mindset," coach Jim O'Brien said on Monday. "I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm preparing for the worst."

The team will get the results from an MRI on Granger's bruised right heel on Tuesday.

He aggravated the injury on Saturday night against the Clippers when he came off a screen. Granger had to be helped to the locker room and left the Staples Center in the walking boot.

"Obviously Danny is an important piece," swingman Dahntay Jones said. "I said that the night he went out before. But the show must go on and we have to find a way to win.

"We have to trust each other more and, with his absence, we'll move the ball a little bit more. It's not a negative comment by that. We'll trust each other and get more confidence and the complementary players will grab more confidence."
    Indy Star
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...t-with-Granger
    By Mike Wells
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Default Re: Pacers Awaiting Granger's MRI, Preparing For Worst

the more I read the word "aggravate" the more I get pissed about this whole thing
    Last edited by BKK; 12-08-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You all know that Danny probably was as big a factor in continuing to play as anyone else, right? Competitors don't want to sit when the team needs them, and a "bruised heel" isn't the kind of thing a guy who played through having his face smashed is going to voluntarily rest.

Considering the flap over a concussion being just a bad headache I can just see the comments if he sat down because his heel hurt, at least before it became abundantly clear it was a real iunjury.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Aggrivated? I'd say it's downright pissed off...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You all know that Danny probably was as big a factor in continuing to play as anyone else, right? Competitors don't want to sit when the team needs them, and a "bruised heel" isn't the kind of thing a guy who played through having his face smashed is going to voluntarily rest.

Considering the flap over a concussion being just a bad headache I can just see the comments if he sat down because his heel hurt, at least before it became abundantly clear it was a real iunjury.
    Yes, I know it was probably Danny. I still wish the team would have forced him to rest it.

Yes, I know the comments might have been crazy around here if he'd been shutdown with a "bruised heel". I would have been happy to defend Danny/Pacers decision and at this point I wish I'd had the opportunity to do so.

I must have missed the concussion = bad headache thing, and I think I'm pretty glad I did.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

I thought the more interesting things in there were that Earl is hurt and JOB is adjusting the offense.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought the more interesting things in there were that Earl is hurt and JOB is adjusting the offense.
    ugh, for godsakes rest earl until He's fully recovered too. Hamstrings can become a year long problem if you aren't careful.