Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andre Miller and Tmac

Default Andre Miller and Tmac

looks like theyre both on the block. Think we should try and swing a trade?
    Houston is willing to take long term contracts
    Even though Andre Miller is slow, hes still super effective

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...ler_available/

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv..._shop_mcgrady/

Sports Logo

Default Re: Andre Miller and Tmac

What JO'B needs is efficient scoring PG who can properly run the point and distribute teh ball....which is what Dre is. But we'd have to move Ford for Dre....so I doubt that the Blazers would take him.

As for TMac.......unless we can move Murphy and some huge filler for TMac and take the hit as a Salarycap hit....I don't see how we can get TMac.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What JO'B needs is efficient scoring PG who can properly run the point and distribute teh ball....which is what Dre is. But we'd have to move Ford for Dre....so I doubt that the Blazers would take him.

As for TMac.......unless we can move Murphy and some huge filler for TMac and take the hit as a Salarycap hit....I don't see how we can get TMac.
    Murphy and Ford for TMac all day long.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:

Banned

I would take Tmac just to get the salary and I would say nope to Miller.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    Murphy and Ford for TMac all day long.
    Murphy, Jeff and DJ all day long

Tj for Dre would only really work, b/c Ford only has a year left on his contract, and I still think Portland would have to throw in a filler?

Not sure what Tmac has left, but he may be worth the risk, if a package can be put together. He would be a HUGE expiring regardless.

Murph would have to be included.. maybe Dun Dun (hope not). but the Rockets already have Scola and Landry at PF, and I'd take both of them over Murphy. The Rockets may want Foster since the center spot is down with Yao!

A Pacers deal involving a combo of Murphy, Ford, possibly Foster and others could bring T-Mac to Indy. This would obviously just be a salary cap dump as T-Mac is the highest paid player in the NBA at just over 23 million and his deal expires this summer.

If a deal were to occur, it would be nice to land one of Houston's younger players like Dorsey or Budinger in the deal, if possible.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

No, to either one. If I had to pick one then TMac, because of his massive expiring contract. IF it would rid us of Murphy and say Ford I wouldn't mind it, throw in a 2nd rounder to entice them (which would never be enough for them to make the deal).

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Murphy, TJ, and Denier for TMac works and it gives us a small trade exception. We'd have to go after a point guard through a trade or see who's available as a free agent still.

You would think teams would be lining up for TMac?

I really think it's a low risk high reward situation?

If he can still play, he can help put fans in the seat, and perhaps help a team get to the playoffs. I'm sure he's motivated to show he can still play, or at least try to work on his next contract.

In the process you're also getting rid of contracts that may be tough to move otherwise.

It would make you an instant player in the prized free agent market for 2010.

Even when you take away the Wade and Lebron show you still have tons of talent available

Chris Bosh
    Amare Stoudamire
    Dirk Nowitski
    Ray Allen
    Joe Johnson
    Raymond Felton
    Carlos Boozer
    Manu Ginobli
    Paul Pierce
    Michael Redd
    David Lee

I may have missed a few, and some may have re-signed. Some may decide to not exercise their options, but that's a nice list of players to choose from.

Now they may not want to go to some locations, but money talks!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Is Joe Johnson's defense any good?

And could he handle the "point" in JOB's non point offense?

If yes to both questions, I would love to have JJ. Can create like crazy and is a real gamer.

JJ
    Dun
    Granger
    Tyler
    Hibbert

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Is Joe Johnson's defense any good?

And could he handle the "point" in JOB's non point offense?

If yes to both questions, I would love to have JJ. Can create like crazy and is a real gamer.

JJ
    Dun
    Granger
    Tyler
    Hibbert
    Yes. He is a good defender.

No. He shouldn't play PG any more than Dunleavy should. Atlanta thought they were going to have him play point when they originally got him. They were never a serious contender, however, until they brought in Bibby.

A Johnson-Granger 2-3 combo would be as good as any in the league outside of Kobe-Artest.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    Yes. He is a good defender.

No. He shouldn't play PG any more than Dunleavy should. Atlanta thought they were going to have him play point when they originally got him. They were never a serious contender, however, until they brought in Bibby.

A Johnson-Granger 2-3 combo would be as good as any in the league outside of Kobe-Artest.
    Totally agreed. We would a have a very unhealthy emphasis both in talent and salary on the wingspots (Granger, Johnson, Dunleavy, Rush, Jones) IMHO.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

i don't see where we have the shadow of a hope of landing joe johnson. so that point's moot.

andre miller - the blazers are said to be looking for a playmaking forward in return. remember they originally wanted hedo. dunleavy for andre miller and travis outlaw? i'm not sure i'd do that myself. thoughts?

i'd sign up for a tmac salary dump too. wonder what houston wants back. i'd say they'd try to land an (overpaid) star player for tmac. if they fail, swapping for our 2011 expirings might be the next best thing. certainly better than the curry-jeffries pu pu platter that ny is offering.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    i don't see where we have the shadow of a hope of landing joe johnson. so that point's moot.

andre miller - the blazers are said to be looking for a playmaking forward in return. remember they originally wanted hedo. dunleavy for andre miller and travis outlaw? i'm not sure i'd do that myself. thoughts?

i'd sign up for a tmac salary dump too. wonder what houston wants back. i'd say they'd try to land an (overpaid) star player for tmac. if they fail, swapping for our 2011 expirings might be the next best thing. certainly better than the curry-jeffries pu pu platter that ny is offering.
    I'd probably do either of those. I know Miller is getting up there, but I just salivate of anything resembling an established, dependable PG. At least when Murph expired you'd bea able to put some new acquisitions in with a solid PG and DG. This would force our hand in auditioning some other guys to step up (Rush, Hibbert) on offense. In the short term, it's not like we're going anywhere.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whether or not McGrady is healthy, if we go after him there is going to be a little bit of a fallout from the more interested fanbase. Damaged goods, you know what I mean?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tracy McGrady = the next Jermaine O'Neal for us.

I'd rather keep our young guys then trade them for McGrady.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Tracy McGrady = the next Jermaine O'Neal for us.

I'd rather keep our young guys then trade them for McGrady.
    No, not necessarily. For all we know McGrady could stay healthy after he comes back. I won't count on it but hey, JO is somewhat productive now so you never know.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    No, not necessarily. For all we know McGrady could stay healthy after he comes back. I won't count on it but hey, JO is somewhat productive now so you never know.
    His salary and his health are what's making me believe we wouldn't go for him.

If he does turn out healthy and plays well again like JO has been today with Miami then I might reconsider my opinion. I just want to see him play in a few games coming back and if it looks like he's really struggling then I would definitly stick with my opinion of not getting him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post
    A Pacers deal involving a combo of Murphy, Ford, possibly Foster and others could bring T-Mac to Indy. This would obviously just be a salary cap dump as T-Mac is the highest paid player in the NBA at just over 23 million and his deal expires this summer.

If a deal were to occur, it would be nice to land one of Houston's younger players like Dorsey or Budinger in the deal, if possible.

why would houston who knows this deal for him ends this year and go and trade him for our players? houston isnt as dumb as the pacers for sure... they will simply let him go or trade him for better players in my opinion.. who wants murpy or foster?

I wonder what the asking price is for TMac. It sounds like they're basically trying to GIVE him away... if they'd do TJ/Troy for him then it's a no-brainer.

edit: Add Diener and the numbers work out just about perfectly.
    Last edited by Anthem; 12-05-2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I would take TMac's contract for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    edit: Add Diener and the numbers work out just about perfectly.
    The problem with that is that we'd be stuck with only two point guards on the roster after that. We would either need them to add in Lowry or we'd have to sign a point guard. I say we add in McRoberts instead, if that works.

How about going after Tinsley.

I would not support trading for Andre Miller- paying that much for an over the hump pg to babysit our team is just bad finicanlly, almost as bad as the Dahntay Jones signing.

T-Mac has value as a ticket drawer- a win now player- and an expiring contract. I would take him in a heartbeat.