Thread: Are Pacers (players/coaches) on the move?

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Are Pacers (players/coaches) on the move?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14582

Is Change Coming To Indiana? It is never a good thing when your team's General Manager is traveling with the team this late in the season. Indiana GM David Morway decided to hang with the team for a few more games during this most recent road trip, which generally means management is trying to figure out who's the problem. Is it the players or is it the coach?

The Pacers are 6-12 on the season, but have dropped nine of their last 10 games. They still have two games before they reach the 20-game mark, but it looks as though the Pacers are considering a change and sources close to the situation believe it will be roster changes before it is bench changes.

The Pacers have just two ending contracts in Earl Watson ($2.8 million) and Travis Diener ($1.7 million) – neither will return anything of real value. Troy Murphy and Jeff Foster may be the most tradable assets; however both have hefty 2010 contracts with Murphy on the books for $11.9 million and Foster on the books for $6.5 million.

As the injury bug strikes around the league in December, these guys might become more valuable, but for teams looking towards 2010, both players may hit the cap too hard to be valuable today.

Don't be surprised to see Indiana make a push for a deal, it seems that's exactly what they are starting to size up
    Anyone else seem to think they are giving Obie a pass and blaming the roster? Either way dear God I hope it is true!!!

Got to roll the dice now ,or risk losing the fan base again. I mean we could have EVERYONE HEALTHY, COMPLETELY HEALTHY AND IT WOULDN'T MATTER

WERE JUST NOT THAT GOOD AT ALL
    Last edited by 90'sNBARocked; 12-07-2009 at 02:30 PM.
    Sittin on top of the world!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Are Pacers (players/coaches) on the move?

Perhaps something centered around Jeff Foster to the Blazers now that Greg Oden is out and Andre Miller whose been a disappointment in Portland coming here. The salaries are close but Foster has a 2 year deal and Miller a 3 year deal.

Would allow Hibbert and Solo Jones to play the bulk of the minutes and give the Pacers a pg who thinks pass first.

Would also mean T J Ford would be more apt to use his opt out after this season , being relagated to the bench here. As the deadline nears and injuries pile up Ford may have value come mid Feb.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, I think dumping Foster, who is a fan and locker room favorite and one of the few players actually playing at or above his career abilities, would help the team.

I know, I know, you gotta give something with value to get something, and the mantra is that veterans are useless. *sigh*
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps something centered around Jeff Foster to the Blazers now that Greg Oden is out and Andre Miller whose been a disappointment in Portland coming here. The salaries are close but Foster has a 2 year deal and Miller a 3 year deal.

Would allow Hibbert and Solo Jones to play the bulk of the minutes and give the Pacers a pg who thinks pass first.

Would also mean T J Ford would be more apt to use his opt out after this season , being relagated to the bench here. As the deadline nears and injuries pile up Ford may have value come mid Feb.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Portland would probably do that trade, but I don't know that Miller is a guy you want for "Project 2011" or whatever you want to call the rebuilding plan.

In the current rebulding plan, all Andre Miller will get you is a few additional wins that don't matter to go along with a lower pick. He's not a guy who's going to be around when the team actually matters.

Any trade not including Murphy may as well never happen. Might as well take your medicine
    and wait one more year.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I think that does not address the defense which is already bad. It might help offensively.
    Does nothing much short or long term.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

There is nothing in the world that would make TJ opt out. No matter how much he hates it here, he's going to lose at least 3-4 million dollars if he leaves. I can't see him getting any more than a full MLE, and he'd be very lucky to even get that.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post: