Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joakim Noah doesn't like LeBron's dance moves...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Joakim Noah doesn't like LeBron's dance moves...

Lebron LOVES to hear about himself. I don't need to see him dance or anything like this to know that. I just need to hear that the guy thinks he'd be the **** in the NFL too. He's full of himself, it's not really surprising this is what happens when you crown someone the second coming at the age of 15 which was basically the case with Lebron. Hard to blame him for being full of himself at this point, he's been hearing about how amazing he is for nearly a decade. Anyone would start to believe that at some point.

Lebron is certainly responsible for his actions, and please do not take this post as a defense. I'm merely saying that I'm not surprised Lebron has developed this sort of attitude. The t-shirts, the tattoos, the dancing, the grand standing before a game ala KG, all of these things are symptoms that have been developed over the course of time of a larger problem. Lebron didn't do most of this stuff when he came into the league, he actually came across pretty humble to me, but I think at this point he's become so accustomed to people saying, "Lebron is the man", "Lebron is the second coming", "Lebron is the best in the NBA", that he's bought into it as much as anyone else. The guy is only 24 years old and has been in the public eye since he was FIFTEEN. I can't stress this enough. Lebron never got a chance to mature, if anything his maturity level is probably several years behind where it should be at this point.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 12-07-2009 at 04:26 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron LOVES to hear about himself. I don't need to see him dance or anything like this to know that. I just need to hear that the guy thinks he'd be the **** in the NFL too. He's full of himself, it's not really surprising this is what happens when you crown someone the second coming at the age of 15 which was basically the case with Lebron. Hard to blame him for being full of himself at this point, he's been hearing about how amazing he is for nearly a decade. Anyone would start to believe that at some point.

Lebron is certainly responsible for his actions, and please do not take this post as a defense. I'm merely saying that I'm not surprised Lebron has developed this sort of attitude. The t-shirts, the tattoos, the dancing, the grand standing before a game ala KG, all of these things are symptoms that have been developed over the course of time of a larger problem. Lebron didn't do most of this stuff when he came into the league, he actually came across pretty humble to me, but I think at this point he's become so accustomed to people saying, "Lebron is the man", "Lebron is the second coming", "Lebron is the best in the NBA", that he's bought into it as much as anyone else. The guy is only 24 years old and has been in the public eye since he was FIFTEEN. I can't stress this enough. Lebron never got a chance to mature, if anything his maturity level is probably several years behind where it should be at this point.
    So LeBron is the second coming of Michael Jackson?

Everything Lebron does is so calculated and nothing is sincere it just makes me sick. Noah is 100% right, and I love his quotes to Lebron.

let's put the shoe on the other foot here; if Noah was doing the dancing and Lebron said something, not a single person would come to Noah's defense.

I Want Pacers Autographs pristinecollector's Avatar

Lebron probably didn't like being called out. I support Noah.

What's really sad to me about LeBron is this: My son happened to be close enough to the action to hear the grunts, groans, and play calls on the floor when the Pacers played the Cavs. He told me after the game he lost respect (not that he hated the man) because of his attitude and poor sportsmanship on the court. Two things said on the court that really stuck out to him:

1. At a time out LeBron said, "I don't have to show Watson ******, I'm Lebron James B**TCH" in what I can only imagine was Earl Watson telling Lebron to show him what he's got.
    2. Lebron used the word MotherF****R on numerous occasions.."Get That **** Outta here" and so on.

The dancing..the silly pregame powder thing he does...even the unbelievable arrogance I can put up with. But when you're watching a game with a child you expect to see the "King" play ball, not play mobster talk.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Arrogance is not nearly as prized as a commodity as it once was for some of us, myself included.

However, it seems to be an expanding part of Lebron's persona, possibly somewhat by design due to the attention it generates for him (the whole "there is no such thing as bad publicity" thing with the possible exception of Tiger at this point), which increases top of mind awareness for any endorsements he is paid for and increases his earnings potential, as long as he has the game to back it all up.

Of all things, I like Kobe better than Lebron overall at this point where I used to despise Kobe in spite of the fact that he played basketball in a pure and beautiful way offensively, with an aggressiveness on defense that enhanced his overall effectiveness. That is not to say that I actually like Kobe, I just now am able to appreciate his game more without as much arrogance detracting from my enjoyment of it. For me, Lebron is about where Kobe was in my eyes until about a couple of years ago -- a great basketball player with a horrible superiority complex that only time, maturity, and a couple of life lessons can possibly cure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

ALL LeBron is doing is making the game fun to watch. He's an entertainer. The NBA is all about showcasing talent for entertainment. And if he wants to dance, let him...you don't see the Spurs doing anything like this...hence the reason I really don't care to watch them when they're on TV (nor does a majority of people I know)...the last thing they've done entertainment-wise is catch a bat (via Ginobli)...

Respect the Game..

Respect Each Other...

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

All Goldfoots pictures showed is that Lebron wears shirts. Is he supposed to wear shirts and get tattoo's that say "Damn I suck" .... would that be better? I forgot, he's supposed to hate himself as much as you hate him.
    Yes, because those are the only two options. Good point.

Either I start wearing my "Damn I'm the best" T-shirt to Pacers games or I start wearing "I'm a moronic d***head" one. I guess I'll just go by which color I want to wear that night.*

*Do not question why I have those 2 shirts in the first place.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Yes, because those are the only two options. Good point.

Either I start wearing my "Damn I'm the best" T-shirt to Pacers games or I start wearing "I'm a moronic d***head" one. I guess I'll just go by which color I want to wear that night.*

*Do not question why I have those 2 shirts in the first place.
    Always either use the one that complements your eye color that night or the one that your significant other thinks is best. That way you don't have to make, or be responsible for, this decision.

At least he didn't do some immature teenaged dance as he said it. And he said it before the contest, and then he backed it up.
    Not only that Hicks, but look at how he reacted when he did back it up. Finger up, walked off, nuff said.

When I said they got after Reggie I meant ON COURT, as in they were up to the challenge, scoring against the Pacers, battling them in a clearly evenly contested contest.

I NEVER saw Reggie put on some showboat thing in a game where the Pacers were up 20. Never. The only way I can picture Reggie talking s*** to a team or player that was down 20-30 (and not in a close playoff battle with a single blowout game) was if they'd previously handed it out just the same or worse (say Starks post Knicks).

I did see Reggie in these games. I sat front row, feet on the wood, when they pounded the Bulls late in the 99-00 season. There was none of this Lebron crap. They were happy, they were laughing about things going well, but as far as I heard or saw there was zilch directed at the Bulls as they crushed them. Why would they even bother.

BTW, Lebron was also the guy talking smack to Granger and giving him the laugh off while shooting FTs in the "you think you can run with me kid" manner. This was prior to the famous foul calls game. Danny was able to go toe to toe with Lebron for the most part in all their games but Lebron still carried the "son, please" attitude.

Whatever James was, he's headed square into some Kobe/Shaq/KG area. And as Brad said, Kobe has moved out of that quite a bit the last few years. I guess it's to make room for James.

BTW, James is awesome, sure. But is he really laugh and dance and taunt you better than Derrick Rose? Not IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    Always either use the one that complements your eye color that night or the one that your significant other thinks is best. That way you don't have to make, or be responsible for, this decision.
    If the SO is picking it then I better make sure the "moron" one looks good on me.

Maybe she can also wear the classic "I'm with Stupid" T-shirt.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Also, why are you showboating so early in the season? This guy is pathetic. Imagine how he would get along with people if he were not a star. LeBron wouldn't make it.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GuffeyRay View Post
    A good hard foul will do wonders for this kind of bs.
    LeBron thinks every foul is a hard foul. Example: The Wiz series a couple years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    Where the hell was the coaching staff when LeBron was dancing around with Danny Green and making faces during the timeout? I actually think Noah did the right thing for not letting his team get dirt kicked in their face. This guy is such a prima donna attention freak.
    Problem is, LeBron is the coaching staff. Who's going to tell him to sit down?

Nothing surprises me at this point. I'm just thankful we still have Kobe in the league. You think LeBron's ego is big now? Imagine what it will be like when there really is no one to challenge him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    LeBron thinks every foul is a hard foul. Example: The Wiz series a couple years back.

Problem is, LeBron is the coaching staff. Who's going to tell him to sit down?

Nothing surprises me at this point. I'm just thankful we still have Kobe in the league. You think LeBron's ego is big now? Imagine what it will be like when there really is no one to challenge him.
    Here's to Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Brandon Jennings, Blake Griffin, Carmelo Anthony, and CP3.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

I can't help but laugh, knowing that if Lebron was a Pacer, this would be an entirely different thread. Nobody here will admit it I'm sure, but it's the truth. That's all.

-- Steve --

Why would anybody want their own players to behave like LeBron? Would you really defend Danny if he danced in front of the other team's bench while the Pacers are up by 20? I wouldn't. Good sportsmanship is part of what makes a great player (that doesn't mean being a milk drinker either, you have to pick your moments, i.e. not at the end of regular season blowout).

On another note, Joakim Noah can make people eat paper:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/videob...b985&src=front
    Last edited by Pingu; 12-08-2009 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    I can't help but laugh, knowing that if Lebron was a Pacer, this would be an entirely different thread. Nobody here will admit it I'm sure, but it's the truth. That's all.

-- Steve --
    Or, put in a non-confrontational way: We'll have to agree to disagree. Please consider going that route in the future instead of this unhelpful, condescending route.

I was never a fan before but I actually gained a lot of respect for Noah because of this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by R3B0W View Post
    ALL LeBron is doing is making the game fun to watch. He's an entertainer.
    he turned into an annoyer for me. i hope he gets his *** kicked again in the playoffs.

-- Steve --
    i don't know about others but i would def feel the same way.

when it comes to being an attention whore this guy is at paris hilton level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Or, put in a non-confrontational way: We'll have to agree to disagree. Please consider going that route in the future instead of this unhelpful, condescending route.
    I didn't even see your post on page 1 until just now. To start, my "hypocrite" comment earlier was in direct response to how Seth ended his post. A parody, if you will. I guess it's okay to call people names here, as long as it's assumed they'll never read this board. I suppose that makes it okay enough to "thank" one persons name calling post, but condemn another.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Also, what did the Bulls do to warrant the stupid dancing he was doing? I can see the argument about Noah saying **** to cause him to walk towards the Bulls bench, but at that point Noah is reacting to James first, isn't he?

At least he didn't do some immature teenaged dance as he said it. And he said it before the contest, and then he backed it up.
    The first paragraph is exactly what I'm talking about in this matter. How do you know Noah is reacting to James first? That's a complete assumption that the entire thread of people has decided absolutely must be true. That's where I see utter and blatant double standards. Most of the players on these 2 teams have been in the league multiple seasons. Who's to say a grudge hasn't formed over that time? It happens. More over, this is just a snip of 2 minutes, of a game that lasted 2 and a half hours. Who in the hell knows what the Bulls might have done prior? Yet everyone assumes Lebron is at fault completely.

As far as the 2nd part of what I quoted here, if you watched the video, Lebron was dancing before the game even started. The entire team was. They were acting that way coming out from the locker room. So if you're excusing Bird by saying "well he did it before the game, and then backed it up" .... then I believe that applies here as well. Did you see what the entire team was doing on their way out to the court?

The Colts used to dance on the field before kicking off too. I haven't seen calling for them being unsportsmanlike either. Also, last time I checked, if I'm not mistaken wasn't it old Joakim Noah that danced his way through the Final Four just a couple of years ago? Hmph.

Anyway, I'm going to attach this video to show exactly how not serious this Cavs team takes themselves. I'm sure someone will find a reason to make it a bad thing, it has Lebron in it.

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Also, last time I checked, if I'm not mistaken wasn't it old Joakim Noah that danced his way through the Final Four just a couple of years ago? Hmph.
    Yup...Exactly. Kind of ironic that the taunting, S&*t talker suddenly has a problem with somebody else, isn't it?

I think it's this type of attitude that makes LeBron's teammates love him. Those guys have fun together and it shows in their games. I don't see LeBron's routine as showboating. As the end of the original clip showed, LeBron was dancing throughout the game. It's just a Cavs thing that they do to stay loose and have fun, which I think helps them on the court.

I don't think this whole hotly contested/frontrunning distinction applies in this case. LeBron is just having fun, he's not showing off. The reactions in here make it seem like he was doing the Reggie-choke sign in front of the Bulls bench. He was dancing! What do you make of his dancing before the game? Is that more kosher because the game was more contested then (i.e. tied game)?

By the way, if Noah had had a great game but the Bulls were still down 20, does anyone think he would have said anything. This strikes me as a whiny overreaction on Noah's party more than anything. How dare LeBron have fun?! Have dare he not take basketball as seriously as Kobe Bryant?! Doesn't he know sports are a matter of life and death?! The effrontery! For shame, LeBron!

EDIT: My favorite part of the video is LeBron talking to Noah, who is talking trash back at him, and simultaneously nailing both FTs.
    Last edited by rexnom; 12-08-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

I'm reminded why I rarely post here anymore.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I didn't even see your post on page 1 until just now. To start, my "hypocrite" comment earlier was in direct response to how Seth ended his post. A parody, if you will. I guess it's okay to call people names here, as long as it's assumed they'll never read this board. I suppose that makes it okay enough to "thank" one persons name calling post, but condemn another.
    You know damn well we don't allow people to do that to each other here. Don't give me that. That's not even close to a new policy.

I don't care if it's a parody or even a damn poem. Knock it off. This isn't up for discussion.