Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joakim Noah doesn't like LeBron's dance moves...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Joakim Noah doesn't like LeBron's dance moves...

This was hilarious. LeBron was showboating during the blowout against the Bulls yesterday and Joakim Noah didn't like it.

Joakim Noah Takes Exception To LeBronís Showboating
    December 5, 2009 at 1:28 am | Chicago Bulls
    By: Stormin' Norman Disciple
    http://tinyurl.com/noahandbron

The Bulls game was not a pretty affair last night, and Iím not just talking about the blowout the Cleveland LeBrons put on Chicago. Noah, frustrated with his play perhaps but also annoyed with LeBronís showboating and celebrating too much, started barking at LeBron from the bench. LeBron took exception to that and started walking over after his first free throw.

Default Re: Noah doesn't like LeBron's dance moves...

Who got the technical? Frankly I am liking Lebron less and less.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Joakim Noah doesn't like LeBron's dance moves...

The rest of the league doesn't like Noah's girl hair so there...

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe they both have an alternate career path opportunity -- LeBron can go on either Dancing With the Stars or So You Think You Can Dance as a dancer, and Joakim can become a judge.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Haha that was funny. Does anyone know what Noah said?

EDIT: I found it. http://twitter.com/RicBucher/status/6360917027
    Last edited by trey; 12-07-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am far from a Noah fan, but LeBron is getting ridiculous.

Of course, this is what happens when you coddle the superstars.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

I don't like them either. Just because you can back it up doesn't mean you're supposed to flaunt it the opponents face.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Goldfoot For This Useful Post:

Lebron could give 5 million dollars to charity, and people would swear they hate him because he gave it to the wrong charity in their eyes.

All Lebron did was say repeatedly "what are you talking about?" ... then he walked over there without raising a hand, or doing anything to indicate he was looking for a fight. If you're talking about the dancing as to why you hate Lebron, then I bet you hate Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson too, right? They did their fair share of "shimmying" and showboating. But I bet you ate that **** up.

My goodness, this whiney "I hate Lebron" thing is getting old. Especially when Noah went out of his way to start it, but it's all Lebron's fault .... shocker.

-- Steve --
    Last edited by Pacersfan46; 12-07-2009 at 01:02 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersfan46 For This Useful Post:

I'm glad there are annoying players like Lebron and Noah out there. There should be more hatred out there in the NBA. That's part of what makes college basketball, football (professional and collegiate) so big. There are teams, and players, that many fans Love to see lose.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

Mood

I like confidence and a bit of swagger even. I don't mind little dance moves or a yell or whatever on the court after you've done something smooth. I do think dancing on the sidelines while the game is in progress is over the top and disrespectful.

I guess anyone that wants to call this opinion "hating" can do so - it seems to be popular to do right now anytime someone disagrees. And by the way, I wonder how much the overall quality of the board would improve if, for just a day, everyone gave at least one fact or reason for their opinion without using hate/hater or sucks/sucked?

But I don't hate LeBron. I enjoy watching him play the game of basketball. I just have ideas about sportsmanship that I apply to everyone.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

I didn't see anything wrong with it.

LeBron and company wouldn't be celebrating if they weren't winning. The solution? Give them a reason NOT to dance.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ajbry For This Useful Post:

I'm of two minds on this.

One, is if you are a Cavs opponent all you have to do is play a great game and beat the Cavs and there won't be any dancing going on by lebron

On the other hand Lebron seems to me to be rubbing his opponents nose into with his little dancing routine

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

The problem is Goldfoot's examples combined with how Lebron handles losing, ie walking off the court early and so on.

Reggie didn't taunt teams they were killing, he taunted teams that were coming at him and were giving him a battle too. Bird talked tons of crap, but do you really think he even bothered when the Celts were killing someone....unless that person had previously mouthed off or was mouthing off?

James needs to save the taunts for when his Cavs are winning ECF or title games...but then that pretty much limits his chances to almost none.

There is a name for Lebron James - Frontrunner.

ps - Garnett has a nice streak of that running through himself as well.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron could give 5 million dollars to charity, and people would swear they hate him because he gave it to the wrong charity in their eyes.

All Lebron did was say repeatedly "what are you talking about?" ... then he walked over there without raising a hand, or doing anything to indicate he was looking for a fight. If you're talking about the dancing as to why you hate Lebron, then I bet you hate Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson too, right? They did their fair share of "shimmying" and showboating. But I bet you ate that **** up.

My goodness, this whiney "I hate Lebron" thing is getting old. Especially when Noah went out of his way to start it, but it's all Lebron's fault .... shocker.

-- Steve --
    lebron didnt shimmy or showboat after he made a big play. the cavs were up by 20 and he was on the sidelines dancing his *** off. thats looking down on your opponent, taking them lightly, kicking them when theyre down and its disrespectful. a lot of players would take exception to that.

if i was in a game and someone on the other team hit a big 3 and did a little antoine walker shake i wouldnt care. but if i were getting blown out and guys on the other teams bench got up and started dancing on the sidelines thats another thign completely

being better than everyone else is one thing. but acting like youre better than everyone else is another. if anything thats whats getting old about lebron.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SkipperZ For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

It all boils down to this word we tend just not to use any more - sportsmanship.

I really don't care who it is that's a sore loser or a braggy winner. It's ppor sportsmanship.

It can be forgiven if it happens once or twice, but to justify it and call it "swagger" or "fire to win" when it is a consistent part of a player's personality is just wrong.

Trash talk - don't like it, as it can backfire, but it is at least one-on-one face-to-face in the heat of the competition to someone who can trash back if needed. In-your-face dances or finger-wagging or whatever - sorry, bad sportsmanship, stay in the freaking game.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    The problem is Goldfoot's examples combined with how Lebron handles losing, ie walking off the court early and so on.

Reggie didn't taunt teams they were killing, he taunted teams that were coming at him and were giving him a battle too. Bird talked tons of crap, but do you really think he even bothered when the Celts were killing someone....unless that person had previously mouthed off or was mouthing off?

James needs to save the taunts for when his Cavs are winning ECF or title games...but then that pretty much limits his chances to almost none.

There is a name for Lebron James - Frontrunner.

ps - Garnett has a nice streak of that running through himself as well.
    All Goldfoots pictures showed is that Lebron wears shirts. Is he supposed to wear shirts and get tattoo's that say "Damn I suck" .... would that be better? I forgot, he's supposed to hate himself as much as you hate him.

The old Pacers danced, they wore Superman shirts, and yes, they talked ****. You can proclaim Reggie only ever talked **** when "someone came after him", which I would doubt was true, but I can't prove otherwise just as you can't that was the case. It's absolutely crazy to believe Reggie was ALWAYS the good guy, but it's impossible that the Bulls never did anything to provoke Lebron.

You talk about Bird .... are you talking about the same Larry Bird that walked into the locker room at All Star weekend before the 3 point contest and after looking around without saying a word finally says .... "I want all of you to know I am winning this thing. I'm just looking around to see who's gonna finish up second.".

Just for reference, Lebron has won as many ECF series as Reggie Miller. So I guess that applied to Reggie too.

There's a name for this attitude ... I believe it's called being a hypocrite.

-- Steve --
    Last edited by Pacersfan46; 12-07-2009 at 02:22 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersfan46 For This Useful Post:

is Lebron wearing a pink arm protection?

All Lebron haters

Save the drive-by "shut up" comment for some other forum.

....he's not the first to dance and won't be the last. Everybody remember when Mark Jackson did the shimmy during gameplay in the '98 playoffs vs. the Knicks? Now that was hilarious
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    All Lebron haters shut up....he's not the first to dance and won't be the last. Everybody remember when Mark Jackson did the shimmy during gameplay in the '98 playoffs vs. the Knicks? Now that was hilarious
    That first part pretty much sums up what is wrong with the board lately, imho - too much of this going around. I expect it will die down eventually - it always has so far - but in the meantime it's getting harder and harder to put up with.

Way to tell people on a message board (you know, a place where the whole point is to talk) to shut-up.
    You're awesome.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

All Goldfoots pictures showed is that Lebron wears shirts. Is he supposed to wear shirts and get tattoo's that say "Damn I suck" .... would that be better? I forgot, he's supposed to hate himself as much as you hate him.
    So there are only two kinds of shirts? One type proclaiming to be the best and the other to put yourself down? You shouldn't have to tell people you're cool or the best, if you are you just are.

There's a thing called "class", of which Lebron has none. I agree with BillS - it's simply poor sportsmanship. Yes he's one of the best in the game, yes he is a more dominant athlete than pretty much anybody else in the NBA, but that's no reason to be a poor sport. I personally think he makes a fool of himself whenever he does his little dance moves.

Comparing Lebron's stuff to the other examples you cited doesn't work. Bird did that BEFORE the contest. The Pacers stuff was heat-of-the moment. Lebron is just being a schmuck.

There's a difference between being competitive and being arrogant and obnoxious. Lebron is the latter.
    Last edited by pacerDU; 12-07-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Mood

This right here is black & white, extremist nonsense that serves no constructive purpose in a discussion here.

The old Pacers danced, they wore Superman shirts, and yes, they talked ****.
    As has already been explained, there's a difference between having an on-court moment like the Jackson shimmy when it's a big play in contested game and doing what James is doing which is being doing it when it's a one-sided affair.

The Superman shirt was because Reggie thought it would take a Superman level effort to win the game. That is anything but the attitude James shows off with his actions.

You can proclaim Reggie only ever talked **** when "someone came after him", which I would doubt was true, but I can't prove otherwise just as you can't that was the case. It's absolutely crazy to believe Reggie was ALWAYS the good guy, but it's impossible that the Bulls never did anything to provoke Lebron.
    Two separate things here: Reggie, and then the James vs. Bulls situation. They're not joined at the hip.

I didn't watch in his early years, but I'm told Reggie could be a punk. I'll leave that to others to analyze.

What I'm more familiar with is Reggie from '94 on. I don't approve of everything Reggie did. For example, I remember him throwing gum at a referee once, for example. Not cool. The thing with Spike Lee was over the top. I don't care for the ball-grabbing part of it, though the choke sign doesn't really offend.

And at least it was in the middle of a hotly-contested ECF game where either team could win/lose and not when he was beating up on some vastly inferior opponent while up double digits.

Now I realize James's actions weren't as bad as ball-grabbing, that's true, but the point is when Reggie did start do "act out", it was, in this case, in a more appropriate (or at least understandable) moment.

Also, what did the Bulls do to warrant the stupid dancing he was doing? I can see the argument about Noah saying **** to cause him to walk towards the Bulls bench, but at that point Noah is reacting to James first, isn't he?

Furthermore, let's take a look at LeBron's broader body of documented attitude/actions here. He's refused to shake hands when he loses a series in the playoffs before. He's walked off the court to leave his team hanging when there's still time on the clock during a loss.

He not only didn't apologize for these actions in hindsight, but rather tried to justify it or at least defend himself rather than manning up to his mistakes.

You talk about Bird .... are you talking about the same Larry Bird that walked into the locker room at All Star weekend before the 3 point contest and after looking around without saying a word finally says .... "I want all of you to know I am winning this thing. I'm just looking around to see who's gonna finish up second.".
    At least he didn't do some immature teenaged dance as he said it. And he said it before the contest, and then he backed it up.

I think you will find that, speaking for some of us, at least, we don't have an issue with bravado per se, it's how LeBron expresses it that's the problem.

There's a difference between a heat-of-the-moment action in a highly contested situation and front-running over a lousy team.

There's a difference between a macho statement and teenage stupidity.

Just for reference, Lebron has won as many ECF series as Reggie Miller. So I guess that applied to Reggie too.
    That's a fair point. Personally, I don't care if your accomplishments are Troy Murphy level or Michael Jordan level when it has to do with judging James's actions.

There's a name for this attitude ... I believe it's called being a hypocrite.

-- Steve --
    Once again you choose a combative tone where it wasn't needed. It's splitting hairs, to a point, but you don't have to end your posts with shots like labeling someone a hypocrite when you could have easily chosen the less "me versus you" tone of simply referring to the James/Pacer players discussion, specifically, as hypocritical.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

A good hard foul will do wonders for this kind of bs.

Where the hell was the coaching staff when LeBron was dancing around with Danny Green and making faces during the timeout? I actually think Noah did the right thing for not letting his team get dirt kicked in their face. This guy is such a prima donna attention freak.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Thesterovic For This Useful Post:

Agreed 100% with Hicks's post. I don't know how anyone can defend LeBron and his poor sportsmanship and egomania. The guy thinks he's God's gift to basketball--the sad thing is he hasn't done anything to deserve the titles he has given himself, at least not yet.