Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Odd Thoughts while thanking God that the Bobcats laid down tonight....

Default Re: Odd Thoughts while thanking God that the Bobcats laid down tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by GuffeyRay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peck, why bother with grading the other players, just say it plain, Troy sucks and he is the reason the Pacers suck. Really it is discouraging to see one of the PD's best posters resort to this type of trashing of a Pacer player. Hell, I bet Hitler would get more love than Troy does from this board.
    croz?

Default Re: Odd Thoughts while thanking God that the Bobcats laid down tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Maybe my reason is wrong, but I'm with Peck in thinking that something or someone is bugging the heck out of him.
    Part of it is his knee. When I'm back in LA I'll put a video together, but I'm seeing the same thing I saw with O'Neal, Marquis, Dunleavy, Bender, etc. We SERIOUSLY need to rest him, because Danny's not going to be the guy to volunteer. He needs to get better.

I'll go as far as saying it's more than his knee too. Something's off mentally, and has been since late preseason.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hate clouds one's vision.
    Your incessant defense of Troy Murphy has been, well, indefensible. He's been awful. Worse than awful. Without a doubt, one of the top 3 reasons for our continued sucktitude. You say hate clouds one's vision. Apparently, love goes a step further and provides a blindfold.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Bill, did you just get "McRoberts'd"?

Look, I know you don't see McBob's reason for playing, but I don't see Tyler doing anything more myself. So let's split it and call us both right, both guys show promise and at the very least simply need to play so they can learn and improve.

Then you get a mysterious benching, often when the player seems to be actively involved in a period of good team play.

That's being "McRoberts'd". How long before Tyler is in a suit behind the bench? I'll say next season, game 11. (Injury not included)

Oh wait, JOB won't be the coach then. Nevermind.
    I wish I could thank this twice.

-Lance Stephenson

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Bill, did you just get "McRoberts'd"?

Look, I know you don't see McBob's reason for playing, but I don't see Tyler doing anything more myself. So let's split it and call us both right, both guys show promise and at the very least simply need to play so they can learn and improve.

Then you get a mysterious benching, often when the player seems to be actively involved in a period of good team play.

That's being "McRoberts'd". How long before Tyler is in a suit behind the bench? I'll say next season, game 11. (Injury not included)

Oh wait, JOB won't be the coach then. Nevermind.
    Tell you what, let's see how Tyler is doing in his second year, in addition to being able to participate in training camp.

I'm sorry but I really don't see McRoberts as the same player as Tyler.

The difference is that I'm willing to say Tyler is doing average for a rookie and while I would have liked to see him on the floor for his full 16 I guess I can understand JOB going with vets rather than a rookie. That isn't the same as thinking Tyler is the salvation of the team and if he just got minutes we'd be undefeated or something.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Tell you what, let's see how Tyler is doing in his second year, in addition to being able to participate in training camp.

I'm sorry but I really don't see McRoberts as the same player as Tyler.

The difference is that I'm willing to say Tyler is doing average for a rookie and while I would have liked to see him on the floor for his full 16 I guess I can understand JOB going with vets rather than a rookie. That isn't the same as thinking Tyler is the salvation of the team and if he just got minutes we'd be undefeated or something.
    Do you understand why Tyler is being benched after good play? If your answer is no, then he's the same player to you that McRoberts is to Seth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Your incessant defense of Troy Murphy has been, well, indefensible. He's been awful. Worse than awful. Without a doubt, one of the top 3 reasons for our continued sucktitude. You say hate clouds one's vision. Apparently, love goes a step further and provides a blindfold.
    Where have I stated that Troy is great? My point is that most on this board have a pile on itus when it comes to Troy. So who are the other two reasons? I could just as easy make post after post blaming Granger for the Pacer's woes. He probably has more to do with the Pacers being bottom feeders than anyone else on the team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Where have I stated that Troy is great? My point is that most on this board have a pile on itus when it comes to Troy. So who are the other two reasons? I could just as easy make post after post blaming Granger for the Pacer's woes. He probably has more to do with the Pacers being bottom feeders than anyone else on the team.
    I call troll.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Troy's been given a pretty long leash by most people on this board, in fact last season the praise was flowing for him.

The fact is this, Troy has been miserable this season. There are very few positives that he has provided to this team, and it's easy to find a lot of negatives (decline of Roy since his return, Tyler's erratic playing time behind him, the disappearance of Solomon Jones who played a large role in the win streak), all three of those things have a direct correlation with the return of Troy to the lineup.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

You've indirectly answered my previous question.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    croz?
    Close.

But think more rural.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    I call troll.
    What the heck is that suppose to mean? If you mean that by trying to show both sides of the coin that makes someone a troll, then guilty as charged. You don't want the truth, you can't handle the truth. Danny has become a chucker first and team player second, now prove me wrong .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I think Troy's been given a pretty long leash by most people on this board, in fact last season the praise was flowing for him.

The fact is this, Troy has been miserable this season. There are very few positives that he has provided to this team, and it's easy to find a lot of negatives (decline of Roy since his return, Tyler's erratic playing time behind him, the disappearance of Solomon Jones who played a large role in the win streak), all three of those things have a direct correlation with the return of Troy to the lineup.
    OMG, blaming Troy for Roy's poor playing is just ludicrous. Roy is responsible for Roy! Give him the whole freaking game and he will still play like a scrub on a lousy team. I doubt Roy is laying the blame on Troy for his regression and that is one redeaming quality that he does have.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Close.

But think more rural.
    Inside joke?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Trophy isn't most of the population here. Even last year there weren't very many people happy with troy.

Close.

But think more rural.
    CB.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

streets ahead

Close.

But think more rural.
    Really? He hasn't cited military experience or tried to skull-**** Duke yet.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    Really? He hasn't cited military experience or tried to skull-**** Duke yet.
    Ow.

Granger was absolutely one of my 3 reasons. TJ was the other. I wasn't counting JOB because, unfortunately, we knew from the get go he was going to suck this season.

At some point you have to call a spade a spade. And Murphy has been awful and has made his teammates worse. Recognize it.

I said last year, and was lambasted for, many of the same things everyone is saying this year. That included Granger's massive overrating amongst Pacer fans and Murphy making the team worse.

You're quick to see Granger's faults, which are many. See Murphy's too.

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Trophy isn't most of the population here. Even last year there weren't very many people happy with troy.
    Because even last year when he had his career year, he made us worse.

-Lance Stephenson

Mood

At some point you have to call a spade a spade. And Murphy has been awful and has made his teammates worse. Recognize it.
    Because even last year when he had his career year, he made us worse.
    I'm not trying to pour gas on the flame, but I don't think I have seen Murphy do anything else different than anyone else in the current slide this team has been going through.

I mean you are more than welcome to be specific, as a matter of fact I would love to know. I'm not calling you out, I just want to make sure that I haven't missed anything.

What the heck is that suppose to mean? If you mean that by trying to show both sides of the coin that makes someone a troll, then guilty as charged. You don't want the truth, you can't handle the truth. Danny has become a chucker first and team player second, now prove me wrong .
    I call you a troll because your not trying to look at both sides of the coin, your trying to push buttons.

I never said Granger hasn't become a chucker, he has. However, your saying he is the main reason we are one of the worst teams in the NBA - hence you being a troll. You praise coach O'Brien but criticize Granger's shot selection, when O'Brien is the one encouraging Granger to shoot like that.

Also, "You don't want the truth, you can't handle the truth." are you being serious right now? I hope so, because the fact that you would say something that cheesy while being serious is hilarious.

I have no problem with you, I really don't - but I believe your a troll. Every board has them, people who come to post just to push peoples buttons. It is what it is, I'm just calling it like I see it.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post

Also, "You don't want the truth, you can't handle the truth." are you being serious right now? I hope so, because the fact that you would say something that cheesy while being serious is hilarious.
    Shame on you for not handling the truth.

I'll give credit where credit is due, and Troy was one of our better performers last night. His jumper looked better. He didn't chuck so much and took it to the basket a few times, even if he got a pretty ugly and obvious offensive foul called on him one of the times, I'd rather have him at least try to take it to the basket like that than always shoot the 3.

If Troy played like that every game, I'd be relatively happy with him. Same goes for T.J.

I want to embrace Granger as this team's star. But he's been chucking too much, not playing defense as well as he could, and not passing the ball incredibly well. He's settling for so many jumpshots. That's the difference between a good player like Danny and a great player like Lebron. Lebron James averages 9 assists per game! Danny averages 2.8. If Danny were able to average something like 5 apg and get to the line, say, 2 more times per game off of drives, he'd be infinitely better than he is now. That should be realistic for him, but right now it doesn't appear he has that ability to be better than he is (a good second option) to as good as he can be (definitely not Lebron or Kobe, I don't expect that at all, but only one tier below I think is a reasonable expectation).

Banned

Granger was absolutely one of my 3 reasons. TJ was the other. I wasn't counting JOB because, unfortunately, we knew from the get go he was going to suck this season.

I said last year, and was lambasted for, many of the same things everyone is saying this year. That included Granger's massive overrating amongst Pacer fans and Murphy making the team worse.

You're quick to see Granger's faults, which are many. See Murphy's too.
    I can accept that. I do see Troy's shortcomings but I don't think they are as severe as most on this board are portraying. I have never accepted the idea that a player makes another player worse, now he may expose his teamates weakness but they were already there in the first place. ie, Troy playing alongside Roy.