Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titans v. Colts

Default Titans v. Colts

I know this game is a couple of days away, but as a big Titans fan, and them having the chance to win six in a row, I am just too pumped up.

I feel like if the titans can do what the dolphins did to the colts then the titans wont lose the game like the dolphins did, but it is the colts.

Not sure how to defend the colts, just hope for field goals I guess, it kinda feels like Manning just kills everyone

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Titans v. Colts

Yeah, pretty much.

The two Tennessee games and the New England game are what I look at as benchmarks for the Colts. Obviously if a team keeps pace with NE, or beats them, they probably have a good chance of being a good team. But I give more credit to Jeff Fisher for being a good coach than Bill Belicheat because Fisher is such a crazy coach and does so many things that catch you totally off guard.

Beating the Titans twice, because they're hardly ever the same team both times, shows me that the Colts are on top of their game. TN always brings everything against Indy, and you like to see how Peyton handles it.

Maybe I make too much of the Titans games, but a win over TN always feels like a good quality win.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Before we put Fischer on a pedestal, let's not forget that it wasn't his idea to bench Collins and play Young. IIRC, he wasn't really excited about the orders from Adams.

Tennessee could be 0-11 and I would be scared of them.

Always play us tough as hell.

Mood

It'll be a tough, close game.

anyone think the colts will come out flat again like last week?

Mood

Nope. LoL

Good to see Indy finally come out ready to play and put one away early. VY was good, but not great. Chris Johnson was good, but not great. And no one else was really that good for TN.

On the other hand, Garcon continues to impress and make teams look foolish when they give him single coverage too. The running game has been effective lately, not crazy impressive statistically, but darn effective. Addai can't be stopped inside the 10 yd line, he's the answer to the Red Zone troubles.

And FINALLY, it's nice to see the defense healthy! Hayden and Freeney back, even in slightly limited minutes, is great. They'll have time in the next 4 games to shake off any rust and be ready to go for the playoffs.

This was the game everyone said we'd lose, and it was the game I was most concerned about because of TN's unpredictable-ness against us. But, they came out ready to play and put TN in their place.

--pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is what happened to the Titans on Sunday.

Antonio SMASH!!!!

If you look closely, I think you can see where Chris Johnson peed a little.
    Last edited by travmil; 12-07-2009 at 10:25 AM.

For the 4th or 5th consecutive week, the colts are picked to lose and they go out and shut people up. Shannon Sharpe, Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Hammerin' Hank, Herm Edwards, Mark Shlereth, and everybody else can all put their foot in their mouths.
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the 4th or 5th consecutive week, the colts are picked to lose and they go out and shut people up. Shannon Sharpe, Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Hammerin' Hank, Herm Edwards, Mark Shlereth, and everybody else can all put their foot in their mouths.
    This is what bugs me to no end. I was watching NFL Network yesterday and Rich Eisen is looking at the remaining schedule and he says something like, "Indy has looked really good, these teams haven't, do you see any potential losses here?" And Deion Sanders immediately says, "Next week! The Broncos are gonna beat the Colts!"

I know Deion isn't exactly regarded as one of the best analysists anyways, but how can a guy have any credibility when he is just so certain that an undefeated team is going to lose? Do these guys even think about what they're saying? Obviously not. They all just say whatever is going to get people to watch and talk about it. It's just frustrating.

BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Wow, how dumb must Fisher feel right now? Add those 6 points to the board on the botched 4th-down attempts and it's a different ballgame at the end there.

The Colts looked impressive...at least in the first half. I thought the Titans would end the streak, but I was wrong.

Next week, however, I'm almost certain the Colts will lose. Denver is red-hot right now and there's a record-setting streak on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Wow, how dumb must Fisher feel right now? Add those 6 points to the board on the botched 4th-down attempts and it's a different ballgame at the end there.

The Colts looked impressive...at least in the first half. I thought the Titans would end the streak, but I was wrong.

Next week, however, I'm almost certain the Colts will lose. Denver is red-hot right now and there's a record-setting streak on the line.
    You can do better than that. Where's the sky-is-falling mentality you have? Please, get a little more depressing.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    You can do better than that. Where's the sky-is-falling mentality you have? Please, get a little more depressing.
    I'm saving that for the playoffs.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Denver is red hot? Losing 4 of their last 6 games, one of them to the Redskins, and two others to teams who won't make the playoffs is red hot? Man what I wouldn't give for the Colts to be on fire like that. [/sarcasm]
    Last edited by travmil; 12-08-2009 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Denver is red hot? Losing 4 of their last 6 games, one of them to the Redskins, and two others to teams who won't make the playoffs is red hot? Man what I wouldn't give for the Colts to be on fire like that. [/sarcasm]
    The last two weeks.

Maybe "red hot" is a bit much, but they've played much, much better the last two weeks.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The last two weeks.

Maybe "red hot" is a bit much, but they've played much, much better the last two weeks.
    And yet the Titans had won 5 straight before last week (AZ, TX, BUF, SF, JAX).

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    And yet the Titans had won 5 straight before last week (AZ, TX, BUF, SF, JAX).
    Indeed, which is one reason I picked them to upset us.

If we can get by Denver and Jacksonville, I don't see the Jets or Bills beating us.

Indeed, which is one reason I picked them to upset us.

If we can get by Denver and Jacksonville, I don't see the Jets or Bills beating us.
    Do you HONESTLY believe you would pick the Colts over either of them when it comes down to it? I don't.

You would come up with some reason, most noteably, how hard it is to go unbeaten and they will have a let down game against an opponent that they know they can beat easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Do you HONESTLY believe you would pick the Colts over either of them when it comes down to it? I don't.

You would come up with some reason, most noteably, how hard it is to go unbeaten and they will have a let down game against an opponent that they know they can beat easily.
    I think the easiest reason to pick us to lose in week 16 or 17 is really resting players. I think #18 only plays the first half in those 2 weeks.

-- Steve --

If we get to 14-0, I think Caldwell will go for the record.

If we get to 14-0, I think Caldwell will go for the record.
    I've heard on ESPN, and from Peter King, that Caldwell as already said he will sit players.

EDIT: But regardless, I still have serious doubts you would pick the Colts. And I bet I'm not the only one.

That pisses me off.

If you have a shot at HISTORY, don't be a Scrooge.

That pisses me off.

If you have a shot at HISTORY, don't be a Scrooge.
    Bothers me as well. Not just because of the shot at history, but recent history. We come out rusty after a bye week. Imagine what's close to the equivalent of 3 bye weeks. Ugh.

Hopefully as it gets closer to time he slowly changes his mind on it. You'd have to have serious restraint to not go for something like this in your first NFL season as a head coach. Imagine the start to a career he could have if he went for it.

-- Steve --

It sounds like this decision comes from the top. PK mentioned it in his Monday column, and then covered again with a little more depth Tues. (Yes I know it's short, but Monday's column was about how the Saints were going to keep playing, so the Colts part was just a few words)

GOOD POINT. CALDWELL'S GOOD. From J.J. Rouhana of Falmouth, Maine: "I continue to be impressed with the Colts this year. Coming into 2009 I thought they were going to take a step backwards from 2008. Here is my question: How important is the Colts head coach? I think the world of Tony Dungy, but how important was he in the grand scheme of things? Was Jim Caldwell doing a lot behind the scenes already? Is Peyton Manning just as much of a coach as Caldwell/Dungy?''

The infrastructure of the Colts is so good. Bill Polian has set an organization in place, and Dungy fit it perfectly, and Caldwell learned under Dungy, and now Caldwell fits in perfectly. Example: Whatever Caldwell thinks deep down about resting or not resting players for the playoffs, he'll follow the organization's view, which is that they're not going to risk Peyton Manning's health nor the health of other key players like Dwight Freeney and Reggie Wayne just to make sure they maintain momentum going into the playoffs. But the overriding thing about the Colts is as long as they play decent defense (just decent) and Manning is playing, they'll be serious contenders every year. Manning just does so much that goes unrecognized and unappreciated.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...html?eref=sihp

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    Bothers me as well. Not just because of the shot at history, but recent history. We come out rusty after a bye week. Imagine what's close to the equivalent of 3 bye weeks. Ugh.

Hopefully as it gets closer to time he slowly changes his mind on it. You'd have to have serious restraint to not go for something like this in your first NFL season as a head coach. Imagine the start to a career he could have if he went for it.

-- Steve --
    If I go by the last two years, wouldn't I draw the conclusion that bye or no bye makes little difference?