Thread: Haven't people been saying Jackson's ego would require a start?

Default Haven't people been saying Jackson's ego would require a start?

"I'll leave it up to the coaches," he said. "I'm coming in wanting to learn from Reggie. I have nothing but respect for Reggie. If I come in off the bench behind Reggie I'll be happy."
    Yeah, we won't see what happens until they actually start playing the games, but you generally don't hear players going into a situation like this saying they're willing to come off the bench. Shoot, we traded Al because he said he wasn't.

I know it remains to be seen how this will play out, but for now I'm not seeing the black clouds that some of you are.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Haven't people been saying Jackson's ego would require a start?

Thats a good sign.

You know Harrison and Jackson supposely were/are going to cause us problems and from what they are publicly saying I wish we had more of these "problems".

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Foster/Harrison
    JO/Bender/Cro
    Artest/SJax
    Miller/Freddie
    Tinsley/hopefully someone other than AJ/Wright

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

oops forgot to post the rest.

oh and if any way we could do this lineup i would drool

JO
    Bender
    Artest
    SJax
    Freddie

I think the fact that Reggie is goiing to retire in a year has a lot to do with his willingness not to start.

With Al it was different because he had two young more talented forwards ahead of him.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I liked seeing that a lot, though I'm not sure I WANT Reggie in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats a good sign.

You know Harrison and Jackson supposely were/are going to cause us problems and from what they are publicly saying I wish we had more of these "problems".
    But then everybody says the right thing before the playing actually begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    I think the fact that Reggie is goiing to retire in a year has a lot to do with his willingness not to start.

With Al it was different because he had two young more talented forwards ahead of him.
    THat's a very good point, and very true. I'll bet if Artest was in his last season Al would have gladly played off the bench again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig
    oops forgot to post the rest.

oh and if any way we could do this lineup i would drool

JO
    Bender
    Artest
    SJax
    Freddie
    that lineup would not make me drool. you would give a starting job to bender who has yet to earn a starting job and give the starting p.g. slot to freddie who has shown some good things at the 2 spot but has yet to prove he can play the point?
    j.o. can play some center but in no way do i want him wearing himself out against other bigger heavier guys in the paint every game like that. jermaine is a forward not a center. the 4 spot is his best spot.
    anyway, jackson is a very solid pickup at a good price i believe and will probably come off the bench next year and play most time between the 2/3 positions. it's possible next years lineup off the bench could have him and fred out there at the same time- it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freddies
    I liked seeing that a lot, though I'm not sure I WANT Reggie in front of him.
    jax pair up with tinsley, reggie with freddie? jax is no playmaker so he should play with tins. both reggie and freddie can make plays, so that backcourt pair should be able to hold up.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

JO doesnt like Playing Center also