I had a similar post about trading for Elton Brand and sending Troy Murphy and Jamaal Tinsley a while back. I figured a similar deal would be possible this time around. Brand does make a LOT of money still, but we could really use a better front court player.

Troy Murphy 2 yr, 33M
TJ Ford 2 yr, 17M

for

Elton Brand 4 yr, 66M
Royal Ivey 1 yr, 1M
Draft pick compensation for taking on the extra money possibly
$3M Cash

This intrudes on our 2011 summer. This saves us about 5M this year and 5M next year, which solves our LT issues next year. We get a huge upgrade at PF, who can play center as well. He complements Hibbert a hell of a lot better, and we can use Foster and Hansborough off the bench, which is what we need to be doing anyway.

We get rid of Ford, let Watson start and get AJ Price some significant playing time. We take on an extra $14M in this deal, but it helps us from a talent perspective. I like Elton Brand a lot, even with his injury history, and think he would be a better piece than anything we could land in free agency. And the money isn't all that bad considering its duration. This might hurt our long-term flexibility too much. But its the only way I can see taking Murphy out of JOB's hands.