Thread: The reverse trade

Default The reverse trade

Okay this one just popped through my mind as I was reading that the Blazers are looking for and athletic forward... Obviously with Batum's and now Outlaw's injuries they've become suddently thin on the wing. Not to mention that they lost a lot of defense from this position... So here it is...

What would you guys think of tading back BRush to Portland in exchange of Jerryd Bayless?

Both players are in the same type of position in terms of not really fitting with the system, lack of trust from the coach, trying to find their way... I think BRush would be perfect for Portland as a replacement for Battum. Of course you have to consider that Nic will be back eventually but BRush could thrive in such a position, just needing to focus on defense and feeling no pressure to establish himself as a primary option on offense. And well basically I don't think Jerryd could do worse than Rush right now and with his confidence would love to play for Jim. At this time we still don't defend and even worse we struggle to score, so Bayless would be a big bonus anyway.

I know some people will scream on this one but I find it interesting to consider and may spark an entertaining debate
    Last edited by BKK; 12-04-2009 at 09:45 AM.

Default Re: The reverse trade

anyone willing to take Andre millers 3 year deal?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rather than being up in arms I actually think seeing how the Pacers are currently constituted such a trade makes some sense from TPTB perspective. I think Jerryd Bayless would fit into JOB's system much better than Rush. We could actually offer them two athletic forwards if we wanted. Here is what I think is a realistic deal. MAYBE you could add Miller over Pryzbilla but that seems like Portland would be giving up a ton of talent.

Incoming Players
    Jerryd Bayless
    6-3 PG from Arizona
    4.7 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 8.7 minutes
    Travis Outlaw
    6-9 SF from Starkville (HS)
    9.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.7 apg in 21.0 minutes
    Joel Przybilla
    7-1 C from Minnesota
    3.5 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 0.2 apg in 19.0 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Brandon Rush
    6-6 SF from Kansas
    7.4 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.2 apg in 27.4 minutes
    Mike Dunleavy
    6-8 SF from Duke
    13.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.3 apg in 19.8 minutes
    Last edited by idioteque; 12-04-2009 at 02:50 PM.

I like the idea. We need a different starting point guard. Ford is a terrible starter. Actually, Watson would be better suited as the starting point guard, IMO.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Could we just trade Jim O'Brien for Nate McMillan?

Right now I would trade Rush and Dunleavy for Bayless, Outlaw, and Pryzbilla in a heartbeat. I don't know that Kevin Pritchard would do that deal, though. I think both Outlaw's and Pryzbilla's contracts are set to expire at the end of the season, if I'm not mistaken. Plus he's still giving up quite a bit of talent, some of which might be untapped (in the case of Bayless).

Bayless is more like an undersized 2, like Tony Delk. That could still change and he has upside, he's only 21. But he's only had more than 6 assists in a game 3 times since high school. You could be giving up a known starter level player for 3 backups.
    basketbawful.com- The best of the worst of professional basketball. And there's a lot of it.