Thread: WHY KEEP BLAMING EVERYONE EXCEPT GRANGER?

Banned

Default WHY KEEP BLAMING EVERYONE EXCEPT GRANGER?

All i see lately is very very very poor shot slections.... Looks as if he is becoming a pure gun and thats all. his shot selections are rude at the best.

Default Re: WHY KEEP BLAMING EVERYONE EXCEPT GRANGER?

The problem is that Granger essentially has the skill set of James Jones. The guy can absolutely shoot the rock, but that's about the extent of his offensive capabilities. When defenders crowd him, as they have been doing lately, he has no options (i.e. no handles and no post game). I like Granger and I think he is a smart player, but I think we all need to realize that this guy is not a star.
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PostArtestEra For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What' with all the yelling?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PostArtestEra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is that Granger essentially has the skill set of James Jones. The guy can absolutely shoot the rock, but that's about the extent of his offensive capabilities. When defenders crowd him, as they have been doing lately, he has no options (i.e. no handles and no post game). I like Granger and I think he is a smart player, but I think we all need to realize that this guy is not a star.
    Are you serious?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Granger is essentially playing with a NBDL team right now with a coach who is not fit to coach a 7 year old YMCA team.

Other teams don't take anyone outside of Granger seriously. If he were able to single handedly take this team to the playoffs, he'd be mentioned in the same breath as LeBron, Kobe, and Wade.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

I think his knee is still bothersome.
    Last edited by dorkknob; 12-05-2009 at 03:09 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dorkknob For This Useful Post:

Read about 5 other threads on this board. In almost every thread made in the past few days, there has been at least one post exactly like this. I'd wager to say that besides Murphy, Obie, and probably TJ, Granger is taking the biggest beating from PD.

laughable response

and granger is getting blamed...there have been many posts on it already. just not as many as JOB, Ford, and Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Are you serious?
    Yes I am. Perhaps my comment was a bit harsh, but I think the sentiment is valid. Granger is a jumpshooter. That is the extent of his repertoire. Mostly he is a catch a shoot guy, although he will occasionally dribble until the defender inexplicably backpeddles and then hoist an 18-20 footer.

Unfortunately, lately guys aren't respecting his ability to beat them off the dribble. This is one reason his shooting percentage is so low. For example, last night in Utah there was a play late in the game when he had a midrange jumper blocked by Matthews. This happened because Matthews knew Granger couldn't drive passed him. He simply crowded Granger, thus Danny had no way of creating his own shot. Expect to see a lot more of this in the future.

Furthermore, Granger has no post game whatsoever. I don't really see how you could argue otherwise. Also, he looks more like a big man than a wing when he is running fast breaks.

Admittedly, I do think Granger has way more potential defensively than he is allowed to showcase in O'brien's system. I'm honestly not trying to knock the guy, but he isn't the superstar we want him to be. I do believe that someday he could play an important role as a spot up shooter and solid defender on a competitive team.
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dorkknob View Post
    I think his knee is still bothersome.
    I would hope so.

Now...Granger who averaged 25ppg last year is basically James Jones? Seriously?

If so, I think we need to reacquire James.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Of course Granger is not blameless, there's a little bit of blame to go around to everyone. But, I'm betting he would play much better in a more structured offensive and is seems we have less structure this season than ever.

Last season they ran a lot of simple curls where Danny got the ball off a screen and got a quality shot around the elbow area. It seems they are not running many plays for Danny this season or he's just shooting the first time he touches the ball in a possession. Maybe he doesn't trust his teammates that he'll get the ball back if he gives it up early in the shot clock.

He seems kinda lost at times. I contribute that to absolutely no structure. I don't believe in a system where everyone is a equal opportunity shooter. I believe there needs to be a pecking order of options.

Danny's a scorer and a very good one, but he's not at the level yet that he makes other players around him better. They need to get him in better situations with the ball where he can be successful. Are offensive sets are currently not doing that. He has to create his own shot way to often to have a high rate of success.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

The problem is that Granger essentially has the skill set of James Jones. The guy can absolutely shoot the rock, but that's about the extent of his offensive capabilities.

but I think we all need to realize that this guy is not a star.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws