Thread: From 8p9s: A Kings fan takes pity on us

Mood

Default From 8p9s: A Kings fan takes pity on us

A good read from last night's game by someone who usually covers Sacramento, Zach Harper:

http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.co...goes-swinging/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: From 8p9s: A Kings fan takes pity on us

Hard to argue with anything the man wrote, unfortunately.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Let's hope that OB doesn't read this and take it to heart re: Hibbert.
    A team can only go as far as its leadership and with TJ as your PG, why not work in Watson? (And with OB, who is playing players because they are vets and matching up to what the other coach is doing....).
    If there was some kind of FIGHT in their other players, we could at least get on board with this "team." The things I see indicate this is not a "team" but a bunch of individuals who realize that their leaders are taking them nowhere.
    Remember Jack's temper last season? Kinda miss that now.

Good god, that sounds pretty bad!

I've watched about 60 games last season but probably won't be able to watch a single game this season...so could you guys tell me what has changed compared to last year?

I mean it's not like we have a totally different squad, the core is still Granger, Murphy, Ford I suppose.
    What happened to Ford? I think he's been solid last year, but checking the box scores has always been pretty disappointing so far! Same with Rush.
    Rush and Hibbert played well towards the end of last season...is it really still the old Obie pulling 'em out as soon as they make mistakes?

Is it the effort, the hustle that we lack?

Questions upon questions...
    Thank you Jeff.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

They were the ones that wouldn’t be bullied. Guys like TJ Ford, Mike Dunleavy, Troy Murphy and Roy Hibbert, on the other hand, came out and played a nice 18 minutes — then got smacked in the mouth and wilted.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about the Pacers this year. I think the good Lord is trying to tell me I have invested too much time in the Pacers, and to move on to other things.

It is not even fun this year. Everything positive we had from last year is now gone. The players look miserable, Jim OB has the consistency of a schizophrenic crackhead, and there doesn't seem to be the "us against the world mentality we had last year"

I'm sorry I am very depressed right now
    Sittin on top of the world!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

The difference is that Granger settles for jumpers more often than he should, and Durant settles for nothing but his opponent’s soul

Ouch!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

i agree that granger has been settling for jumpers more than testing the D. looking more murphy-like and i think it is hurting his fg%. he was driving a good deal more often last year.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I think the good Lord is trying to tell me I have invested too much time in the Pacers, and to move on to other things.

And to think I felt I was the only one who felt this was. I can truly feel your pain and feelings.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

...I saw from TJ Ford. Mostly, itís unfair to criticize him because he was going against someone twice his size in Tyreke Evans.
    See this is what frustrates me. Why does Jim do this? You have a guy who is very similar in size to Evans and is an aggressive, defensive stopper in Dahntay Jones. Why oh why doesn't he play Jones on guys like this??

I mean it made sense to everyone that he should've put Jones on Ellis the other night as well. Why does he try to match up with the other team's frontcourt all the time and then turn around and create total miss-matches in the backcourt? It was the same last year when he had Jack on Kobe. I mean as much as I like Jack, he's way too small to D Kobe, and it's the same with Ford on Evans.

I mean doesn't it stand to reason to put Jones on the other teams best backcourt player? Just 'cause it says SG beside he name, it doesn't mean he can't play D on PGs.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pacerDU For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good read, thanks for the link.

I agree with the author except the passage where he vent on Dunleavy and criticises his speed. Come on, that dude played like 60 minutes so far this season, can't blame him for being rusty at this point.

To my German fella: Watched nearly the same number of games last year and most of this year`s (it's nice to watch them at EVERY time for 24 hours on league pass) and while you're right that the core is similar to last year's core, the enthusiasm and energy on the court is just not the same. No idea why or if they're playing against JOB or if guys like graham, jack, daniels had much more of an impact than we thought, but the lack of enthusiasm is scary.

Busts so far:

Murphy: A shadow of his former self. Doesn't hit a three-pointer.
    Ford: No assists, hardly going to the basket, no confidence, no vocal leader on the court
    Rush: Haven't seen a guy with so little confidence. Not better than his brother

Stuck in the middle:

Watson: Solid, not more
    Head: Few minutes, but sparks of brilliance
    Hibbert: The center most of us dreamed when we drafted him back in 08...but then forget how to play bball. Clumsy defense, not efficient in his offensive plays
    Foster: Good on the bords, dedicated, but imho the offense just doesn't run fluently with him on the court
    S. Jones: limited ceiling, but ambitious and a bright spark in my opinion
    Dunleavy: Sad that a long-term casualty is one of teh better Pacer right now...give him more games to get the feeling for the game back
    Granger: He averages 25 points and some rebounds as well as blocked shots. Guy is the complete package. But firing jump shots (from beyond the arc) with less than 5 seconds in the shot-clock? No, especially not if the shots aren't falling. Lack of defensive abilities and unable to lead that bunch of guys. I expect more out of him.

Bright sparks:
    D. Jones: Great offensive contribution. 100% commitment and effort. Positively suprised by his play right now.

Btw, why doesn't Aj Price play?

Edit: Forgot Tyler -shame on me. Yeah, can't expect more of a rookie than equalizing minutes and points...
    Last edited by pathil275; 12-03-2009 at 04:53 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pathil275 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post

Ouch!!!
    Saw that too.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    A good read from last night's game by someone who usually covers Sacramento, Zach Harper:

Hicks.....you have to change your avatar. The Clown from "It" is scary already.......but that picture of him with that Teeth is even creepier....to the Nth Degree.

Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Saw that too.
    Seriously, that's the best line in the whole article.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Hicks, I cracked up with the mood "angelic" coupled with the avatar pic of the clown from hell.

Mood

I may make this my permanent avatar like Unclebuck's John Candy one.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    Good god, that sounds pretty bad!

I've watched about 60 games last season but probably won't be able to watch a single game this season...so could you guys tell me what has changed compared to last year?

I mean it's not like we have a totally different squad, the core is still Granger, Murphy, Ford I suppose.
    What happened to Ford? I think he's been solid last year, but checking the box scores has always been pretty disappointing so far! Same with Rush.
    Rush and Hibbert played well towards the end of last season...is it really still the old Obie pulling 'em out as soon as they make mistakes?

Is it the effort, the hustle that we lack?

Questions upon questions...
    Agreed. I'll make a revelation about this team and my decision not to watch. I cancelled NBA League Pass this season even though I could still afford it. The real reason I cancelled was because I expect this to be a disappointing hard knock season for the Pacers.

I knew that it could be possible that they put it all together, make a good run the rest of the way, and make the Playoffs. However, I just hate watching them lose especially after having a nice lead. That happened at least 20 times last year and I found it effecting my mood way too much. Now, I just pop in online and follow them lightly during the game and it's a lot easier to take - even the tough losses.

I think this team has a bright future and think that they are putting the pieces together. I like what Larry Bird is doing with the resources he has. Next season, I'll probably resume being a full-time League Pass watching fan but for now, I'm strictly an online follower.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

IT certainly needs to go to the dentist.

I've read the book, many years ago, never seen the movie though.

I think then avatar is an appropriate way to express how most of us feel about the Pacers this season.

Please don't.

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Agreed. I'll make a revelation about this team and my decision not to watch. I cancelled NBA League Pass this season even though I could still afford it. The real reason I cancelled was because I expect this to be a disappointing hard knock season for the Pacers.

I knew that it could be possible that they put it all together, make a good run the rest of the way, and make the Playoffs. However, I just hate watching them lose especially after having a nice lead. That happened at least 20 times last year and I found it effecting my mood way too much. Now, I just pop in online and follow them lightly during the game and it's a lot easier to take - even the tough losses.

I think this team has a bright future and think that they are putting the pieces together. I like what Larry Bird is doing with the resources he has. Next season, I'll probably resume being a full-time League Pass watching fan but for now, I'm strictly an online follower.
    Naptown I used to get the league pass as well, but I have found I can watch virtually every Pacer game for free on line . The quality is usually average at best, but the current Pacers are not worth 189.00!!!

Edit : I always wondered and thought it would be fair to purchase a "team pass" like you pay to watch only one team