Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Gamethread Pacers @ Kings 11-2-09

Default Re: Gamethread Pacers @ Kings 11-2-09

If Foster is the new starter I have no problems at all.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tough loss.

Props to Foster. He was 19/18.

Sad night, but good to see that Foster tied his career high in rebounds.

hard time wondering why you have the slowest guy on the floor trying to foul one of the quickest. Dumb coaching.

Well, at least there was generally more fight displayed throughout. Foster was great IMO and Hansbrough did pretty well, too, minus the one bad segment in the third.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

I know he is limitd on minutes but why not have Dun in there in the final minute. Gives you more than one option for a 3pter. Dumb coaching...

well, atleast it was somewhat of an amusing game to watch
    everybody still not on the same page offensively
    i feel like we really let this one slip...esp with all their TOs and our offensive boards.

Am I the only one that thinks T.J. (20 minutes, 0 pts, 1 ast) should be the next to go to the bench in favor of Earl Watson (28 minutes, 15 points, 2 asts, 3 stls)?

Quote Originally Posted by theboyjwo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know he is limitd on minutes but why not have Dun in there in the final minute. Gives you more than one option for a 3pter. Dumb coaching...
    He was past his limitation, and long term health is more important than this game.

-- Steve --

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersfan46 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks T.J. (20 minutes, 0 pts, 1 ast) should be the next to go to the bench in favor of Earl Watson (28 minutes, 15 points, 2 asts, 3 stls)?
    yeah but problem is watson cant go 48, so ford still gets mins

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We really played a great game, but not great enough with a loss.

Three Trophies of the Game

Bronze: Danny Granger
    He had a great scoring night finishing with 33 points and tried to bring the game down to the wire in the closing minute. He did his best to defend the arc, but it just didn't work out to well.

Silver: Earl Watson
    His defense around the arc was a help in keeping the score close. He was on fire with his scoring finishing with 15 points.

Gold: Jeff Foster
    After watching his performance tonight, he should be with us for another 10 years. He was a rebounding machine finishing with 18 total and 10 offensive. His defense at center was forcing the Sacramento bigs to stay out of the paint. I really thought he played very well when coming off the bench.

WIN WIN WIN WIN!
    Beat Utah!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    He was past his limitation, and long term health is more important than this game.

-- Steve --
    Are u serious? He could have been at least for the last play

Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    Are u serious? He could have been at least for the last play
    I trust the doctors more than taking a 3 in a game we weren't likely to win.

I must say I love Jeff Foster, he does so many little things to get extra possessions, even if he is an old dude, I have no problem with him playing lots of minutes.

Troy Murphy on the other hand is like giving the other team another player. At best it becomes 4vs5, most of the time it seems like 4vs6. I hope he never sees another minute of playing time as a Pacer.

-- Steve --
    You gotta put your best players out there when the game is close and you have a chance to win. 1 minute of playing time isn't going to make a difference on recovering.

1 minute of playing time could cause all sorts of knee injuries in a game we probably weren't going to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    I trust the doctors more than taking a 3 in a game we weren't likely to win.
    There's no specific medical formula, that I know, that says that what a doctor would recommend cant be exceeded by 1 frickin minute that may decide the outcome of the game. I'd love a more hard-nosed approach.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyjwo View Post
    You gotta put your best players out there when the game is close and you have a chance to win. 1 minute of playing time isn't going to make a difference on recovering.
    Ok, once you start breaking doctors orders by 1 minute, what's next? 3 minutes? 5 minutes? 10?

This is a long season and if the doctors have determined that 20 minutes per game is his limit, then that's his limit. Not because of this one game, but the extra wear that could add up over the course of the season because of you thinking your needs trump the needs of the doctors, or more importantly Dunleavy's knee.

As a coach if I don't follow doctors orders and then I see him suffering through what he's already been through there's going to be 2 thoughts in my head .... 1 - Wow did I screw this team. 2 - I feel like a piece of **** for putting a man through this again.

If the docs are wrong and he can't even handle 20 minutes a game, and he gets hurt while I'm following the restrictions, I have nothing to regret. This isn't even a difficult decision, at ALL.

-- Steve --

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    1 minute of playing time could cause all sorts of knee injuries in a game we probably weren't going to win anyway.
    No kidding ! There's always risk even if you weren't injured previously... Didn't Reggie won some games we thought were lost while limping ?

No kidding ! There's always risk even if you weren't injured previously... Didn't Reggie won some games we thought were lost while limping ?
    Did Reggie ever have a major knee injury that have ended, or ruined other people's careers?

-- Steve --

Ok, once you start breaking doctors orders by 1 minute, what's next? 3 minutes? 5 minutes? 10?

This is a long season and if the doctors have determined that 20 minutes per game is his limit, then that's his limit. Not because of this one game, but the extra wear that could add up over the course of the season because of you thinking your needs trump the needs of the doctors, or more importantly Dunleavy's knee.

As a coach if I don't follow doctors orders and then I see him suffering through what he's already been through there's going to be 2 thoughts in my head .... 1 - Wow did I screw this team. 2 - I feel like a piece of **** for putting a man through this again.

If the docs are wrong and he can't even handle 20 minutes a game, and he gets hurt while I'm following the restrictions, I have nothing to regret. This isn't even a difficult decision, at ALL.

-- Steve --
    Then call the doctor and ask for one more minute !

Then call the doctor and ask for one more minute !

-- Steve --

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope you don't mind an outsider's observations...

The main thing I noticed was a lack of passion by JOB. He seems somehow disconnected, as though he's a stranger in a strange land surrounded by strangers. (I hope that makes sense...)

One thing I always used to like about the Pacers was the camaraderie among the players. I didn't see that tonight. Players didn't talk to each other; heck a couple of times they didn't even act like they knew each other. Was this just something I'm reading too much into?

I don't like the idea of making 780 seconds such a critical number that you lose contributions from a major player like Dunleavy, who has ALWAYS given the Kings fits. It's my totally unmedical opinion that 13 minutes is a guideline, not an indication on a map or something that "beyond here there be dragons."

Don't get me wrong. I'm proud of my team for gritting it out and winning but I feel sorry for you guys because I think your coach is failing all of you ... and himself.

Just my two cents, of course. Good luck against Utah. And watch out for Jerry Sloan. He cheats.
    NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to VF21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Seriously with the one minute guys? I think he would have been fine. That one extra minute of court time isn't likely to cause any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Seriously with the one minute guys? I think he would have been fine. That one extra minute of court time isn't likely to cause any problems.
    *sigh*

Can nobody look past the short term? It's not the one minute.

It's that if you start cheating and going over, you'll continue to do it. You'll get away with it and think, hmmm .... that wasn't so bad. He's still fine. So then you'll cheat 3 minutes next time. Maybe five ... who knows?

Over the course of the season those accumulated minutes of cheating will add up. So will the wear and tear on a knee that may not be ready for it. I may be on JOB's *** for some things, but he got this one 110% right. Thank God.

Worst thing is, if he did play him that 1 minute, and he reinjured the knee in that one minute, I'm sure these would be the same people throwing him under the bus for it.

-- Steve --