View Poll Results: Should JOB be fired?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!!

    49 53.85%
  • No

    10 10.99%
  • It's too early, but I'm leaning to yes.

    29 31.87%
  • JOB = Jesus

    3 3.30%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 201 to 215 of 215

Thread: The Fire JOB Thread...again

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Lafayette, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    437

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure you're joking, but going as far as calling him the Anit-Christ is maybe, just maybe too far.
    If you know he's joking, just let it go. We all know too.

    This board will have a sense of humor yet, it will happen.

  2. #202
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Quote Originally Posted by WetBob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you know he's joking, just let it go. We all know too.
    Good. Because there are far worse people in this world to compare to that than a coach of an NBA team.

  3. #203
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Quote Originally Posted by WetBob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about "McRoberts has no NBA skills," isn't that another major point?

    When every time he plays he looks like he belongs.
    Bottonline on that is lets see if he is still in the NBA in two seasons (barring any injury) and if he ever is a regular rotation player for any NBA team. If he does either of those things I'll admit gladly that I was wrong.

    (Oh please don't tell me we are going down my whole list of things I have said) Am I on trial.

  4. #204
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bottonline on that is lets see if he is still in the NBA in two seasons (barring any injury) and if he ever is a regular rotation player for any NBA team. If he does either of those things I'll admit gladly that I was wrong.

    (Oh please don't tell me we are going down my whole list of things I have said) Am I on trial.
    The truth, you can't handle the truth!!!

  5. #205
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Quote Originally Posted by USF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously, I don't disagree with any of those points. But if your point 3 is true, doesn't that mean it's time for O'B to go?
    I think he'll be gone after the season. Patience everyone.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  7. #206
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he'll be gone after the season. Patience everyone.
    I'm printing this out and hanging it on my wall. Thank you.

  8. #207

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bottonline on that is lets see if he is still in the NBA in two seasons (barring any injury) and if he ever is a regular rotation player for any NBA team. If he does either of those things I'll admit gladly that I was wrong.

    (Oh please don't tell me we are going down my whole list of things I have said) Am I on trial.
    The mob is gathering UB. I'd find a safe hiding spot.

  9. #208
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,611

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bottonline on that is lets see if he is still in the NBA in two seasons (barring any injury) and if he ever is a regular rotation player for any NBA team. If he does either of those things I'll admit gladly that I was wrong.

    (Oh please don't tell me we are going down my whole list of things I have said) Am I on trial.
    That's moving the fieldgoal further along after some forward movement.

    You are now adding the caveat that he needs to be a regular rotation player when before you were just saying he didn't have the skills to be in the NBA.

    Clearly Josh has proven that he has the skills to be in the NBA, which is what the contention was. Not what level of participation in the NBA he would have.

    Having said that though I will say this, I now am pretty convinced that given the proper opprotunities Josh could be a rotational player in the NBA. Not 6th man or the like but certainly an 8th or 9th man type of player.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  10. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Lafayette, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    437

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know I cannot take another year in this forum if O'Brien is the coach. No way can I do that, not even close. Maybe I can have every single mention of O'Brien blocked for me, because I can't help myself commenting when I see posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by WetBob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And hilarity ensues.
    Is this the one redeeming thing that JOB is bringing to the fans? Comedy?

  11. #210
    Member nerveghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he'll be gone after the season. Patience everyone.
    I would agree. I think Bird and Morway will look for a fresh start. (I really liked the Laurence Frank suggestion BTW).

  12. #211
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,374

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Giving my second vote. I'm so close to not watching the rest of the season. I can't take our team being raped by other teams, because our coach has no clue to what he's doing. I'm starting to feel sorry for the players for having to play for such a horrible coach.

  13. #212
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,178

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Giving my second vote. I'm so close to not watching the rest of the season. I can't take our team being raped by other teams, because our coach has no clue to what he's doing. I'm starting to feel sorry for the players for having to play for such a horrible coach.
    I am done watching bad basketball.

    I stopped watching the Pacers shortly after they released TJ from the bench. Is he still playing? If he plays next year, I don't plan to watch at all. I might not even watch next year if Murphy plays. Definitely not tuning in tonight either.

  14. #213

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    I'm still watching the team, it has definitely gone beyond enjoyment of a basketball game for me though. At this point it's fascinating to me to see how crazy things can get.

    I am interested to see what Jim is going to do with the rest of the season.

    Will he cave in and play/start the guys who are in the long term plans for the franchise? or will he keep playing Murph Earl TJ Dun and every other player that won't (hopefully) be here next year.

    Maybe he feels a kinship with these guys cause he knows he isn't going to be here either.
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 03-03-2010 at 07:42 PM.

  15. #214
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's moving the fieldgoal further along after some forward movement.

    You are now adding the caveat that he needs to be a regular rotation player when before you were just saying he didn't have the skills to be in the NBA.

    Clearly Josh has proven that he has the skills to be in the NBA, which is what the contention was. Not what level of participation in the NBA he would have.

    Having said that though I will say this, I now am pretty convinced that given the proper opprotunities Josh could be a rotational player in the NBA. Not 6th man or the like but certainly an 8th or 9th man type of player.
    No, I don't see the skills to be an NBA players, but that is very subjective. The two conditions above are the conditions I'll say I'm wrong about if I am

  16. #215

    Default Re: The Fire JOB Thread...again

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are now adding the caveat that he needs to be a regular rotation player when before you were just saying he didn't have the skills to be in the NBA.
    Beeep ..... beeeep ...... beeep ..... beeeep.

    Well, I do beleive that's Buck backing up on his original statements.

    The kid has been in the league 3 years now. Plenty of other guys have come and gone in a shorter time.

Similar Threads

  1. The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread
    By kbills05 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 496
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 02:18 PM
  2. Official Fire the Pacer's Towel Boy thread
    By Phree Refill in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 02:34 PM
  3. Official Fire Dick Harter thread
    By NashvilleKat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 09:31 AM
  4. The Big Plus-Minus thread
    By Naptown_Seth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 10:10 PM
  5. <Place name of thread here>
    By MSA2CF in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •