Thread: If Possible, Would you trade trade Granger for Jefferson If we signed Melo

Default If Possible, Would you trade trade Granger for Jefferson If we signed Melo

Just as the title suggests, would you trade Granger for Al Jefferson if we could sign Melo in 2011?

We have a lot of money available in 2011. Tinsley, Murphy, Dunleavy, Foster and Ford all come off the books. If we were to sign Melo and then trade Granger to the T'Wolves for Jefferson, would you be happier?

Quite frankly I would! Its a bold move to be made be the franchise. Yes a lot of people are thinking "why would Melo and Jefferson want to come to Indy", realistically is Colorado and Minni any better?

Our starting PG still still be an issue, but CP3 and Deron are also expiring (but to be honest, we are not getting them) but I am sure TPTB can find a reasonable PG for us that can play defence and distribute the ball

A starting 5 of:

player x
    Rush
    Melo
    Jefferson
    Hibbert

Sounds great to me

What are you guys' thoughts on this?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: If Possible, Would you trade trade Granger for Jefferson If we signed Melo

Pass. If Melo were to ever, and I mean this with no hope whatsoever, Melo would be that guy that compliments Danny. Or vice-versa. I'd like to see how that would work out.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: If Possible, Would you trade trade Granger for Jefferson If we signed Melo

If it was a for sure, done and done deal, then yeah, I'd probably do it. I have a hard time believing Melo ever signing here though.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "why would Melo and Jefferson want to come to Indy", realistically is Colorado... any better?
    As someone who is living this, YES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to quinnthology For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This would not even work in NBA Live.

I really like Al Jefferson, and thought he should have been an Allstar last year. I'd trade Granger for him even if Melo was not coming.

Has anyone looked at Grangers stats this year? He's shooting "9" 3 pters and only connecting at 35%... basically 1 in 3. He's become a glorified 3 point shooter. He's shooting 41% FGA. That's Stephen Jackson %! And he's developed what I consider a bad attitude with last years Allstar status. Just watch his posture and his complaining during the games. I'm not impressed with him at all this season. So yes, I'd trade Granger for PF/C Al Jefferson in a heartbeat, and I'd wish Granger much happiness in Minnesota.

With the T-Wolves having Love, they can use/need Granger at SF. The Pacers have Dunleavy and Jones at SF to replace Granger. The Pacers would have their PF of the future in Jefferson.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 11-28-2009 at 10:22 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

The Jefferson trade would make tons of sense for us. We would be set everywhere besides PG. We no longer have a huge cluster of sg/sf, and we have an All Star PF.

Watson/TJ
    Jones/Rush/Head
    Dunleavy/Rush/Jones
    Jefferson/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Hans/Foster

We could trade Murph and a first for our great PG. Two sixth mans in Hans and Ford.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

I suggested a Granger for Jefferson trade a few months ago, and everyone on the board besides one person was on my case about even mentioning the possibility of it. Interesting how things change.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite frankly I would! Its a bold move to be made be the franchise. Yes a lot of people are thinking "why would Melo and Jefferson want to come to Indy", realistically is Colorado and Minni any better?
    Minny and Indy do not even come close to sniffing Denver.

I grew up in Indy, and now live in Denver. Denver/CO has a huge "transplant population"........tons of former MidWesterners now live in Denver/CO (Minny is part of the midwest).

How many native Coloradans have you come across living in Indy? Minny?