Thread: We're probably going to get Dampier

Default We're probably going to get Dampier

this is what i have been reading on other boards. we could have signed jax outright and then shipped al to GS for dampier. anyways, GS doesn't want anymore contracts and seem pretty stacked at the forwards right now....bottom line...they don't really want al. so, we signed jax and then give ATL al for maybe a pick. they can take al's contract w/o returning as much back b/c they are under the cap. essential, these are two seperate deals in which we sign jax and then dump harringtons contract on them for say a pick. b/c of this we get a trade exemption which clears up $$$$ to sign dampier.

Default Re: We're probably going to get Dampier

I really doubt we pick up anymore free agents. Don't think we have the money to spend. Well, we do just they aren't willing to spend it. I think this is probably the only big move we are gonna make besides maybe picking up AJ again or some other cheap backup pg.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

1st of all: You arent signing dampier. No way to the pacers take on MORE salary after this, and dampier will make MORE than jackson.

2ndly: They could NOT have signed jackson outright, because the deal is more than the MLE.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

the orginal report was for the MLE, it's been changed though. i think that's a bit pricey for jackson. anyways, i'm just reporting what i've read on other boards. so if we just pretty much trade salaries of al for jax, we still have our MLE to use right????

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the orginal report was for the MLE, it's been changed though. i think that's a bit pricey for jackson. anyways, i'm just reporting what i've read on other boards. so if we just pretty much trade salaries of al for jax, we still have our MLE to use right????
    Sure, but Dampier will get WAY more than the MLE.

Not to mention if this deal becomes official, I GUARENTEE that the MLE will go unused.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

i don't think damp is look for more money per yer than what he is getting now. i think he wants a long term deal to insure his future. i am thinking a 6 yr deal for around 40-45 million. that's about 7-8 million a year. harrington is making around 7. that was the idea that i had been hearing. signing jax for the MLE, dumping al's salary for cap space, and then using that space on damp. anyways, you're right, it's a mute point now b/c jax has been signed for more than the MLE. it's basically al for jax straight up. but we still have our MLE, correct????? do you think we will use it???

i don't think damp is look for more money per yer than what he is getting now. i think he wants a long term deal to insure his future. i am thinking a 6 yr deal for around 40-45 million. that's about 7-8 million a year. harrington is making around 7. that was the idea that i had been hearing. signing jax for the MLE, dumping al's salary for cap space, and then using that space on damp. anyways, you're right, it's a mute point now b/c jax has been signed for more than the MLE. it's basically al for jax straight up. but we still have our MLE, correct????? do you think we will use it???

Dude. Adonal Foyle is making $41 million. Dampier could make $70 million EASY.The only way he signs for 40-45 million is if he gets so high on crack that he thinks hes dealing in english pounds.

and no, I think the Pacers proved last year with brad miller that they have a self-enforced salary cap and they WILL NOT go over it.They're already paying a guy 120 million, and paying 2 other guys big money to ride the pine. They need to get rid of pollard of croshere before they can take on another big contract.
    [edit=64=1089512115][/edit]

75Ranger

With all these crazy dollar figures being thrown out to in my opinion role players Dampier will probably command a deal thats worth 10million per year even though I haven't heard much interest in him.

I highly doubt he winds up here unless hes willing to play for the MLE in which case I think it would be a steal but thats not happening.

the only way damp would get here would be a S&T for Cro or Polly, which is more then higly unlikely.

But I do not think we missed anything with not getting Damp. at least forf the silly money paid this year.

Yeah I know, perhaps next year it's even worse, but then again, perhaps it's not

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

J-Wont

purdue101, when I still thought Indy had just signed Jax to MLE I suggested a sign&trade with the Warriors of Harrington&Pollard for resigned Dampier&filler. That obviously aint gonna happen. However Dampier is still out there and it's not impossible he could end up in Indiana. Im assuming his salary will be around $9M a year, so Indiana could trade maybe Pollard and someone with around $3M salary to Golden State for Dampier. They could then use their MLE to replace whichever other player they choose to trade. It's a longshot but definantly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Wont
    Im assuming his salary will be around $9M a year, so Indiana could trade maybe Pollard and someone with around $3M salary to Golden State for Dampier.
    Pollard and SOMEONE MAKING AROUND $3M? What kind of trade proposal is that? You don't even know who you are advocating trading.

Plus we don't have anybody that would fit that bill.

No thanks to Dampier. I'll stick with our center rotation from this year and see how Harrison plays out.

I still think we could have gotten Blount for Cro.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

J-Wont

I wasn't making a specific trade. I was pointing out that it was still possible to trade approx. $9,000,000 worth the salaries to Golden State in a sign & trade for Dampier.

Foster makes 4.2 mil this year (looks like a bargain now, doesn't it?)
    Fred Jones make 1.5 mil.

There aren't any players between them. The Pacers don't have a $3mil player on their roster.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!