Thread: pre game thoughts P's vs Lakers

Default pre game thoughts P's vs Lakers

shaq is a pacer killer. All the jivetalkin about Scot P being able to guard shaq is just that silly jivetalk. Scot is more like 6 fouls to give. With Kobe not there to ballhog it's even worse. With Kobe out they just gonna keep feeding it inside to shaq.

I would like to see double teams on shaq at all times, a man fronting him if that is possible.
    I still think the P's can come out on top. big statement game. is JO gonna play?

Sports Logo

Default Re: pre game thoughts P's vs Lakers

I just dont see it as all that big of a statement game. Yes I want the Pacers to win and win big but without Kobe and Malone it is just not the team we would have to face in the finals.

debohstheman

exactly...and without JO we're not the team they would face either...

i think the P's depth will be too much for the lakers...

I think AL and Ron are going to have big games.....

shaq is a pacer killer.
    What team doesn't he kill?

On the D-end Jermaine would not stop shaq...but who will carry the load on offense now.

We need a good game from Reggie, AL and Ron

Come on Reggie....Give us a 20+ night again

If JO isn't playing tonight the pacers are gonna get stomped badly. IMHO

Care to make a little wager on that?

Care to make a little wager on that?
    ill wager 1million fake poker chips from party poker :P

but only if JO isn't playing, Pacers become a vastly inferior team without JO, do you not agree with that?

I'd say that if we didnt have JO this team would be sub .500 for the season.

Pacers become a vastly inferior team without JO, do you not agree with that?

I'd say that if we didnt have JO this team would be sub .500 for the season.
    Actually I do disagree with that. Without J.O., AL Harrington is our starting PF, so the starting lineup becomes Al/Foster/Artest/Miller/Tinsley.

IMO that's still one of the top 3 starting lineups in the east.

Will we struggle tonight against the Lakers? That's very possible. But "vastly inferior?" With Kobe and Malone out, and Shaq just returning from injury? And on our home court, and after getting beat by 22(?) points last time?

I think not. I think this will be a hotly contested game, and I think both teams will feel like they have something to prove. But hopefully the Pacers will want it more, and the Pacers are a MUCH deeper team than the Lakers. If Artest can slow down Payton (IMO the guy he should be guarding), then essentially you've got Shaq and scrubs vs. the Pacers minus JO (with increased minutes for Harrington and Cro, most likely).

One of the nice things about this team is that it's not a one-man-show. As awesome and valuable as Jermaine is, his absence from the court doesn't automatically mean complete disaster. We have other options. Other guys can (and do) step up. Reggie and Al have ben feeling it lately, and Artest is due to have an explosive game.

I actually like the matchups in this particular game and think that, if the Pacers DO lose this one, it shouldn't be by double-digits, let alone 22 points.

I mean... GASP... we might even WIN this one!!!

Someone just posted that WISH TV says Shaq is suspended for tonight's game.

hehe ok bet off! shaq out gives the P's a definate edge... even with JO out.