Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

Ah, Peck...

Why you gotta be a sour-puss, man?

Seriously, I hear your concerns and have wondered what JOB would do as well once he got a full compliment of healthy bodies to work with 10 deep. I believe you are correct; Hibbert, BRush, Solo, Djones and Hansborough's minutes will all be reduced since Granger, Murphy, Foster and Dunleavy are all back, but my hope is that JOB is able to find that "balance" between the right and consistently performing starting lineup and his rotation. But more important, I hope that starting line and/or the rotation consists of strong defense to go with an offense that doesn't have these 5-9 minute scoring droughts this team seems to have for some unexplained reason.

I, for one, don't mind seeing DJones, Hansborough or Solo come off the bench. They're part of who I've dubbed the "Energy Crew". Include TJ Ford, McRoberts and even Dunleavy in the mix (provided he's back to form) and you have some of the most energetic players on the floor for our team not to mention a very strong defensive compliment.

I would start Watson over TJ Ford only because Watson, like Jarret Jack before him, is a very smart and even keeled PG who doesn't make alot of mistakes and is a pass-first PG. That's important when you have a group of players who rely on motion for find their shots. I think you still start BRush just to keep his confidence up and to have his man-defense paired with Granger.

Having 10+ healthy bodies is a good thing! Now, all JOB has to do is be honest about this team's make-up and the players who work best together and/or provide the best all-around "balance" for this team among the starters and reserves on both sides of the ball. If he's able to do that over the course of the next 15 games, I think the Pacers will do just fine.

"Young Dunleavy. Bring BALANCE to the 'Force'."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://my.nba.com/cms/103328/thanks_...s=iref:nbahpt2

Thanks to a lot of help ... I'm back

The day has arrived that I can finally say I'm back.

As long as I don't trip and hurt myself warming up, I'm going to play tonight for the first time in 10 months. What a long road it has been, but I feel great about the time and effort I've put in and now it's time to get back to doing the thing I love most.

So much has gone into this process and I have so many people that have helped me along the way. How ironic that I come back a day after Thanksgiving.

I have a lot of people that I need to give thanks to, starting with my family for their unwavering support, the surgeons who fixed my knee and looked after me throughout the last year, specifically Dr Steadman and our own Dr. Tim Hupfer, our medical staff featuring Josh Corbeil, Carl Eaton and Dan Dyrek -- these guys worked on me day-in and day-out and were always there for me when I needed them. In addition, Shawn Windle and Andy -- his assistant in the weight room -- helped me get the strength back in my legs.

I couldn't go without thanking my teammates and coaches and everyone within the Pacers organization who have shown so much patience and encouragement. I really lucked out in playing for an organization that puts the health of a player above anything else. Never once was I asked to play by a certain date or rushed back too soon. There are a lot of teams that you can't say that about, therefore I am forever grateful. I'd also like to thank our loyal fans who have been so supportive as I've battled back. Thank you for your well wishes and efforts to raise my spirits.

Finally, I have to thank the one person who has been there with me literally every step of the way. That's my wife, Sarah, who has put up with everything: from bad moods to always being on my schedule and making so many sacrifices for me. She has been a saint. When she said "I do" to '"through sickness and health" I don't think she envisioned helping me put my socks on, getting me out of bed and helping me go to the bathroom.

But she has done it all and never complained one bit. I cannot thank her enough for her incredible support and know that I'll never be able to truly repay her.

Thanks to all my avid followers on this blog. I've really enjoyed writing and keeping those who are interested, up to date with my progress. I guess I can say it's been a pleasure but I don't want to have to do it again.

Without further ado, I'd like to wish myself luck by simply saying, "Break a Leg."

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Believe me I hope I'm wrong here. I hope that JOB mixes and matches on the floor and has Dunleavy with D. Jones and I hope that we don't see Murphy at center (ever for any reason) but the M.O. on JOB says otherwise.

Sorry to be the downer of the thread
    You know what I'd like to see? A Jones/Dunleavy backcourt.

Regardless, with everyone else healthy we could lose both Trophy and TJ and still not have enough minutes to go around.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    You know what I'd like to see? A Jones/Dunleavy backcourt.

Regardless, with everyone else healthy we could lose both Trophy and TJ and still not have enough minutes to go around.
    Hmmmm got someone on your mind?

-- Steve --

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dunleavy
    Without further ado, I'd like to wish myself luck by simply saying, "Break a Leg."

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    Hmmmm got someone on your mind?

-- Steve --
    I see what's going on here.

That was a bit sneaky there Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    I see what's going on here.

That was a bit sneaky there Anthem.
    I think he likes you. *wink wink*

-- Steve --

So is he or isn't he gonna play?

according to Mike Wells, it seems he isn't..

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...o-lineup-nears

Dunleavy's return to lineup nears
    Uncertainty surrounding Granger increases Pacers' urgency

The Indiana Pacers swingman is slowly getting those aspects of his game back, and with that said, Dunleavy could soon be making his long-awaited season debut. "I'm really close," Dunleavy said. "At this point I would say it's day-to-day." The Pacers host the Dallas Mavericks tonight at Conseco Fieldhouse. Dunleavy is not expected to play.

Indianapolis Star

I'm confused..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Ok, I'm going to assume that whenever he is taken off of the min. restriction count that he is going to get anywhere from 30-35 min. a game so who do we eleminate?

S. Jones is now officially gone because we will now see plenty of Troy at the center spot.

Brandon Rush will drop his min. (can't say this will be all that bad, I'm mean he is almost as bad on offense as Mike is on defense).

D. Jones will have his min. cut. This is actually criminal to be honest with you.

Tyler will also see his min. decline, which may be the most dissapointing thing of all.

Roy will also have his min. drop because he will not fit in with the faster paced lineup and lack of perimeter defense will lead players to up the middle and Roy will continue to foul like he has the past few games and so JOB will yank him early and often.

Needless to say I am less than thrilled with this turn of events. Over the summer I thought we were going to commit to defense and more toughness on the floor. Well now we are just back to the same old offense first second and third lineup.

Believe me I hope I'm wrong here. I hope that JOB mixes and matches on the floor and has Dunleavy with D. Jones and I hope that we don't see Murphy at center (ever for any reason) but the M.O. on JOB says otherwise.

Sorry to be the downer of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    So is he or isn't he gonna play?

according to Mike Wells, it seems he isn't..

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...o-lineup-nears

Dunleavy's return to lineup nears
    Uncertainty surrounding Granger increases Pacers' urgency

The Indiana Pacers swingman is slowly getting those aspects of his game back, and with that said, Dunleavy could soon be making his long-awaited season debut. "I'm really close," Dunleavy said. "At this point I would say it's day-to-day." The Pacers host the Dallas Mavericks tonight at Conseco Fieldhouse. Dunleavy is not expected to play.

Indianapolis Star

I'm confused..
    I saw on the NBATV bottom line info bar that he's out for tonight.

This was recently put up so I'm a little puzzled now as well.

Well... listening to the Pacers Live Pregame .. they say that Dunleavy is suited up and ready for action tonight...

So ... it looks like he is indeed playing.. I hate all the different conflicting stories that people like Mike Wells and such put out , when they really don't know for sure...
    It's like the blind leading the blind...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Well... listening to the Pacers Live Pregame .. they say that Dunleavy is suited up and ready for action tonight...

So ... it looks like he is indeed playing.. I hate all the different conflicting stories that people like Mike Wells and such put out , when they really don't know for sure...
    It's like the blind leading the blind...
    Wells' article was posted at like 4:30 this morning.