Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

  1. #1
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,158

    Default Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Just read it on Mike Wells twitter! He's a go for tonight!


    http://twitter.com/Wells222


    dunleavy to make season debut tonight against dallas

  2. #2
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Cool. It'd be pretty great if he looked good right off the bat.

  3. #3
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,485

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Figures we'll miss that one. Oh, well.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  4. #4

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Yippy! And Granger's also playing tonight!! (In my best Lil' John voice) Y-E-A-H!!!

    From Pacers.com...
    Dunnleavy and Danny Granger both will return for tonight's game against Dallas...
    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Figures we'll miss that one. Oh, well.
    Who you calling "we"? I got League Pass and you can bet I'll be glued to my LCD plasma TV!
    Last edited by NuffSaid; 11-27-2009 at 01:05 PM.

  5. #5
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    YAY!!!

  6. #6
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Who you calling "we"? I got League Pass and you can bet I'll be glued to my LCD plasma TV!
    Wow, I didn't know they made those.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  8. #7
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,158

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Tonight's game just got a lot more interesting!! I'm pumped

  9. #8
    Member pianoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Muncie Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,348
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    I'd like to say an injured granger goes off for 30+ tonight. I'm excited to see how our bigs match up against the aging Nowitzki. I'd like to see the always scrappy Hansbrough match up with Dirk, although there will be a significant size advantage. Also, I bet Watson will get the majority of the minutes tonight against Kidd for Defensive purposes.

    I'm so glad to have Dunleavy back! Lets get back to .500 tonight!!!!
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

  10. #9

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, I didn't know they made those.
    [In my goofy WaterBoy voice...] Stop making fun-a-me.

    Okay, so it's just a LCD-TV. I'll still be glue to my seat right in front of it watchin' the game while eatin' leftover turkey, a ham sam'ich and sippin' on a big glass of red KoolAide. Yum-Yum! Thanksgiving leftovers has got to be the only meal that tastes great the 2nd-time around.

  11. #10
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,198

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    I'm excited and nervous for tonight's game. I'm not expecting much from Dunleavy, but there's always the chance that he's completely healed by next season and can play at 100%.


    There is a way to see how Dunleavy's knee is truly feeling, regardless of what he says to the media. I'll be looking at it tonight.

    How will Dunleavy react to nearby loose balls? Will he make an effort to pick up or not? If it's low, does he try to pick up without bending his knees or does he fully commit? Is his reaction time fast or slow? Does he compete for it if one or more players are going after it?

    To me, this is the one clear way of knowing how a player is feeling. Granger, Dunleavy, Marquis, Jermaine, Bender, etc. have all shown the same pattern multiple times (lack of pursuit, straight legs when bending down, slow reaction time, easily giving up pursuit). Usually the bad knee reports follow within one/two games of seeing it on the court.

    ::keeping fingers crossed::

  12. #11
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Just got the facebook update that he will be back. I am so excited, I hope he gives us a better showing than when he came back last year still hurt.

  13. #12
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,691

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cool. It'd be pretty great if he looked good right off the bat.
    Yeah, but it'd just be nice if we see improvement in motion on offense when he's out there. Cross your fingers for no swelling after the game.

    EDIT: Just read that Danny will be back too? Not sure how I feel about that...I hope he is sure he's ready to go.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #13
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,691

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Figures we'll miss that one. Oh, well.
    Is the game not on FSI?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #14
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,043
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    I hope Granger is not rushing it now.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  17. #15

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the game not on FSI?


    It will on FSIN at 8 PM.

  18. #16
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,543

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Ok, I'm going to assume that whenever he is taken off of the min. restriction count that he is going to get anywhere from 30-35 min. a game so who do we eleminate?

    S. Jones is now officially gone because we will now see plenty of Troy at the center spot.

    Brandon Rush will drop his min. (can't say this will be all that bad, I'm mean he is almost as bad on offense as Mike is on defense).

    D. Jones will have his min. cut. This is actually criminal to be honest with you.

    Tyler will also see his min. decline, which may be the most dissapointing thing of all.

    Roy will also have his min. drop because he will not fit in with the faster paced lineup and lack of perimeter defense will lead players to up the middle and Roy will continue to foul like he has the past few games and so JOB will yank him early and often.

    Needless to say I am less than thrilled with this turn of events. Over the summer I thought we were going to commit to defense and more toughness on the floor. Well now we are just back to the same old offense first second and third lineup.

    Believe me I hope I'm wrong here. I hope that JOB mixes and matches on the floor and has Dunleavy with D. Jones and I hope that we don't see Murphy at center (ever for any reason) but the M.O. on JOB says otherwise.

    Sorry to be the downer of the thread

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  20. #17
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,622

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    I'm not particularly excited, mainly because I hope he's not rushing it.

    Same for Granger, actually.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  21. #18
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, I'm going to assume that whenever he is taken off of the min. restriction count that he is going to get anywhere from 30-35 min. a game so who do we eleminate?

    S. Jones is now officially gone because we will now see plenty of Troy at the center spot.

    Brandon Rush will drop his min. (can't say this will be all that bad, I'm mean he is almost as bad on offense as Mike is on defense).

    D. Jones will have his min. cut. This is actually criminal to be honest with you.

    Tyler will also see his min. decline, which may be the most dissapointing thing of all.

    Roy will also have his min. drop because he will not fit in with the faster paced lineup and lack of perimeter defense will lead players to up the middle and Roy will continue to foul like he has the past few games and so JOB will yank him early and often.

    Needless to say I am less than thrilled with this turn of events. Over the summer I thought we were going to commit to defense and more toughness on the floor. Well now we are just back to the same old offense first second and third lineup.

    Believe me I hope I'm wrong here. I hope that JOB mixes and matches on the floor and has Dunleavy with D. Jones and I hope that we don't see Murphy at center (ever for any reason) but the M.O. on JOB says otherwise.

    Sorry to be the downer of the thread
    I hear your concerns.

    Nevertheless, we do need an offensive boost. This lineup has some mojo:

    Watson
    DJones
    Dun
    Granger
    Hibbert/Foster
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  22. #19
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    A lineup of

    watson
    djones
    dun
    granger
    hibbert

    sounds great to me. Have murphy sub in for hibbert as the 6th man. When dun needs a break move granger to the three. Then you have rush to sub with jones and granger when he needs it. I dont see a major log/jam. Just a few of the players that have been extended min will get them cut back some.

    Peck from the way you are talking you make it sound that dun is the worst defensive player in the league. I am not sure where he gets this reputation at but he is not that bad. I was honestly say he is a average defender and with his length at the 2 can really challenge shots.

    The game can not only be about defense. The other team is going to put points on the board no matter what. We have seen our best defense collapse and lose us games simply because we couldnt score points along with defending.

    Way to many times this year have we had 7,8,9 min stretches where we could not score a f/g. No one is at fault, we simply have young players and while we preach defense we still have to be consistent on the offensenive end. We have to be able to score to ball better than the other team. While jones and rush probably shouldn't have their min cut, rush simply cannot be counted on, he does not have the intensity to be a 12-20 pt scorer in this league. He seems to be happy with just launching the three ball when it comes his way. Even though Jones is my favorite pacer at this current time he is a one trick pony. I like to call him the modern day fred jones with defense. You know he is going right, you know he is going to lower his shoulder and cup the ball. You know its going to be a lay up. He will surprise you a few times a game with a nice midrange jumper but 90% of his offense is the bull rush. Sometimes you need a player that can come in and make the OTHER PLAYERS BETTER, that is what Dun used to bring to this team. Hopefully he can still have that same effect and really influence a basketball game with his bball IQ.

    I really think having him in the game along with hibbert is really going to help hibbert. He really feeds the post well and knows just the right time to get the ball down low.

    We will see if he can still be a nba talent or if he is going to be back on the end of the bench.

  23. #20
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,543

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lineup of

    watson
    djones
    dun
    granger
    hibbert

    sounds great to me. Have murphy sub in for hibbert as the 6th man. When dun needs a break move granger to the three. Then you have rush to sub with jones and granger when he needs it. I dont see a major log/jam. Just a few of the players that have been extended min will get them cut back some.

    Peck from the way you are talking you make it sound that dun is the worst defensive player in the league. I am not sure where he gets this reputation at but he is not that bad. I was honestly say he is a average defender and with his length at the 2 can really challenge shots.

    The game can not only be about defense. The other team is going to put points on the board no matter what. We have seen our best defense collapse and lose us games simply because we couldnt score points along with defending.

    Way to many times this year have we had 7,8,9 min stretches where we could not score a f/g. No one is at fault, we simply have young players and while we preach defense we still have to be consistent on the offensenive end. We have to be able to score to ball better than the other team. While jones and rush probably shouldn't have their min cut, rush simply cannot be counted on, he does not have the intensity to be a 12-20 pt scorer in this league. He seems to be happy with just launching the three ball when it comes his way. Even though Jones is my favorite pacer at this current time he is a one trick pony. I like to call him the modern day fred jones with defense. You know he is going right, you know he is going to lower his shoulder and cup the ball. You know its going to be a lay up. He will surprise you a few times a game with a nice midrange jumper but 90% of his offense is the bull rush. Sometimes you need a player that can come in and make the OTHER PLAYERS BETTER, that is what Dun used to bring to this team. Hopefully he can still have that same effect and really influence a basketball game with his bball IQ.

    I really think having him in the game along with hibbert is really going to help hibbert. He really feeds the post well and knows just the right time to get the ball down low.

    We will see if he can still be a nba talent or if he is going to be back on the end of the bench.
    The worst defender sadly is our starting power forward.

    Dunleavy is just a below average defender.

    All I can say is we better score and score a lot because we are not going to stop anyone with the starting lineup I see coming.

  24. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lineup of

    watson
    djones
    dun
    granger
    hibbert


    .
    Don't get your hopes to high, I am pretty sure that with JOB you are going to see more this line up


    Ford
    Dun
    Danny
    Murphy
    Foster

    This would be the same line up who was giving up more than hundred points per game, your are going to also see a line up with Troy as center and Tyler as PF at the same time

  25. #22

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Brandon Rush will drop his min. (can't say this will be all that bad, I'm mean he is almost as bad on offense as Mike is on defense).
    Brandon just doesn't seem to fit with this team. I'm not sure if it's him, JOB or the fact that the team is really dependent on his producing. He probably would be better on a team much better than the pacers or much worse. Anyway he is not ready for prime time and so he should play behind D. Jones and Dunleavy. We just don't have luck with players named Rush.

  26. #23
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,543

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brandon just doesn't seem to fit with this team. I'm not sure if it's him, JOB or the fact that the team is really dependent on his producing. He probably would be better on a team much better than the pacers or much worse. Anyway he is not ready for prime time and so he should play behind D. Jones and Dunleavy. We just don't have luck with players named Rush.
    That is really a good way of putting it right there. My guess is that if Brandon played for the Nuggets or the Lakers he would probably be considered an asset, however since we really needed him to be the second best player on the team he is falling way short in that area.

  27. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is really a good way of putting it right there. My guess is that if Brandon played for the Nuggets or the Lakers he would probably be considered an asset, however since we really needed him to be the second best player on the team he is falling way short in that area.
    I think that the same could be say about Roy, people are expecting him to be dominant and they forget that this is only his second year and also big mens take longer to develop, could anybody here imagine if we have a guy like Bynum? he is been developing for almost four or five years I think.

  28. #25
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,389

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dunleavy is back tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, I'm going to assume that whenever he is taken off of the min. restriction count that he is going to get anywhere from 30-35 min. a game so who do we eleminate?

    S. Jones is now officially gone because we will now see plenty of Troy at the center spot.

    Brandon Rush will drop his min. (can't say this will be all that bad, I'm mean he is almost as bad on offense as Mike is on defense).

    D. Jones will have his min. cut. This is actually criminal to be honest with you.

    Tyler will also see his min. decline, which may be the most dissapointing thing of all.

    Roy will also have his min. drop because he will not fit in with the faster paced lineup and lack of perimeter defense will lead players to up the middle and Roy will continue to foul like he has the past few games and so JOB will yank him early and often.

    Needless to say I am less than thrilled with this turn of events. Over the summer I thought we were going to commit to defense and more toughness on the floor. Well now we are just back to the same old offense first second and third lineup.

    Believe me I hope I'm wrong here. I hope that JOB mixes and matches on the floor and has Dunleavy with D. Jones and I hope that we don't see Murphy at center (ever for any reason) but the M.O. on JOB says otherwise.

    Sorry to be the downer of the thread
    I can't say I disagree with you....but we knew this day was coming. We wanted someone "quality" depth to help cover for our un-ending battle with the injury bug? Well...we know have it.

    But didn't JO'B say that we'd use a 9-10 man rotation?

    Well, as some of us have mentioned before.....I'll believe it when I see it.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Similar Threads

  1. Dunleavy to return Wednesday?!
    By pwee31 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 10:55 AM
  2. Dunleavy believes best is yet to come...
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 12:00 PM
  3. Clips coach Dunleavy fires back at Brand, agent [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 02:40 PM
  4. Dunleavy says that Offense is Better When he is involved
    By andreialta in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 12:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •