Thread: STAR: Indpls. Mayor Ballard Heading CIB Overhaul

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default STAR: Indpls. Mayor Ballard Heading CIB Overhaul

Mayor Ballard to upend leadership of Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board

Current treasurer, a CPA, will become president of financially ailing agency

By Francesca Jarosz

Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard's office today will announce one of the city's most significant overhauls in the leadership of the Capital Improvement Board, including a new president who says she will focus on getting the board on stable, long-term financial footing.
    Article also state that renewing/changing the lease for the Pacers at CFH is the first and most important step with the overhaul.

Read more: http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...dership-of-CIB

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: STAR: Indpls. Mayor Ballard Heading CIB Overhaul

Also on the table are ongoing discussions with the Indiana Pacers, who have said they are losing money and can no longer afford the $15 million needed to operate Conseco Fieldhouse. Okeson will take the lead on those discussions, and, Lathrop said, finding a resolution will be among the board's priorities.

"It's always a goal to keep a revenue-generating group within the city," she said. "(But) you've got to balance it with the cost of being able to do that."
    Lovely. Not my idea of a positive statement.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I haven't been following the whole situation very closely. Does this mean we'll know soon whether they work out a new lease or become the Cincinnati Pacers?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by smj887 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't been following the whole situation very closely. Does this mean we'll know soon whether they work out a new lease or become the Cincinnati Pacers?
    Besides US Bank Arena, Cincy doesn't have enough room to build an NBA-class arena. That and they are just now turning around with the Bengals, and the Reds only get a few sell-outs a year.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Besides US Bank Arena, Cincy doesn't have enough room to build an NBA-class arena. That and they are just now turning around with the Bengals, and the Reds only get a few sell-outs a year.
    I was kidding. We all know that if the team leaves, the only place they're going is Anchorage or Moscow.

Indy's #1 Hockey Fan Peter_sixtyftsixin's Avatar

This team will not move. I know, I know the Sonics moved, etc. Look at the way the city rallied around the Fever. Basketball is too important in this state, I just really don't see anything like this actually happening.