Thread: significant others..

debohstheman

Default significant others..

I found the thread "what is the craziest thing you've ever done to watch a game" very interesting...

I would like to know how everyone's signifcant others (girlfriends, wives, etc.) treat your obsession with the pacers..

my girlfriend makes fun of me for watching the game on ESPN's live GAMECAST...since we dont have league pass..

anyone's sex life follow the pacers' schedule?

anyone ever had a girlfriend leave them because of too much basketball?

Sports Logo

Default Re: significant others..

My wife loves going to Conseco to the games and she sometimes sites on the couch and sort of watches the games. She is perfectly ok with my obsession.

When I still had cable and the first game against the Hornets was blacked out the first thing she said was well do you have time to drive down to the Indy area so you can find a bar to watch the game or make it to the game itself.

I never have to give her any sort of notice if I am going to go to a game on my own without her. I just call and say I am on the way to Indy for the Pacer game and she says ok I will see you when you get home.

I would say that I am a very lucky man.

sounds like a good woman

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh, this ought to be fun...

When my wife and I were dating, I took her to a Pacers/ Bucks game when Dick Versace was still coaching. [size=9:fdae236a40]I've still got the Pacers last-minute meltdown in that game burned in my memory but I posted that on the other site right before the "fire" so I'm not going to repeat it again and bore both people that actually read it. [/size] She fell asleep in MSA during the third quarter.

The next game I took her too was the loudest game in the history of MSA - Game #4 of the 1991 playoffs. She's been hooked ever since. She watches ever game, gets jealous when my Dad uses "her" tickets, reads every article, and is much more, uh, in the mood, after the Pacers have won.

[size=9:fdae236a40]Now how's that for "too much information"?[/size]
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I eventually conditioned my ex-girlfriend to actually get into the Pacer games. Hell, I made her a Colts and Hoosiers fan (she goes to Purdue) as well. That was a lot of fun, knowing I'd converted someone to sports fandom. However, my current girlfriend follows tennis and golf, and states she has no interest in the Pacers, Colts, or Hoosiers. I was able to convince her to watch the Ponies in the playoffs, but even then she was disinterested. I guess I'll have to begin another conversion.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

debohstheman

my girlfriend had absolutely no interest in basketball..or the pacers for that matter when i started dating her...

she thought reggie miller looked like an alien...and used to laugh anytime dale davis opened his mouth...

needless to say, she had to shape up...and has even bought me tickets to games (here in DC) when the pacers come...

i think her conversion started in the finals vs the lakers....she HATED the lakers...in particular Rick Fox who she rightfully thought was a cocky piece of ****..
    her favorite player is Austin Croshere..who she has nicknamed "frat boy" because he looks like a college frat boy or something

who knows.

she thought reggie miller looked like an alien
    Has she ever seen Sam Cassell????

my wife started following the Pacers when she first got a gig as a Pacemate.

Seriously, though, she thinks I'm obsessed.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

debohstheman

damn...pacemate

you're a lucky man
    how long was she a pacemate?

Is being a pacemate a full time job?

Yes, my girlfriend has seen sam cassell..and yes she thinks he looks like an alien...

damn...pacemate

you're a lucky man
    how long was she a pacemate?

Is being a pacemate a full time job?

Yes, my girlfriend has seen sam cassell..and yes she thinks he looks like an alien...
    [size=9:22276027ef]I think he was joking.[/size]
    Yes, I was.

She wasn't a pacemate.

She WAS a valedictorian.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Yes, I was.

She wasn't a pacemate.

She WAS a valedictorian.

In the long run that is much better.

Yes, I was.

She wasn't a pacemate.

She WAS a valedictorian.

In the long run that is much better.
    That means she's smart enough to figure out the crying smilie, so I'm picturing pacertom as the referee getting screamed at by his wife if Mrs. pacertom sees this......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731