Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (5-6) Post Game Thread vs. Charlotte (For angry and irrational posts)

Default (5-6) Post Game Thread vs. Charlotte (For angry and irrational posts)

Nazr Mohammed wipes the floor with us?

Never a good sign when players from like my childhood years, who were crappy even then, dominate us.

Glad I watched only less than a half of this

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: (5-6) Post Game Thread vs. Charlotte (For angry and irrational posts)

A team with Gerald Wallace and Stephen Jackson as primary scoring options hang over 100 on us. Nice.

Default Re: (5-6) Post Game Thread vs. Charlotte (For angry and irrational posts)

This was the kind of game that makes you start to wonder if you'll ever see them win again.

Banned
    Mood

Roy Hibbert getting outplayed by a poor mans Jamaal Magloire (remember him?) after his even worse effort against Cleveland has me worried. He's back to rookie Roy.

On the bright side, Hansbrough continues to look promising and Dahntay Jones inexplicably continues to play 50x better than he has at any other point in his journeyman career.

Thanks for starting the post-game thread for us knee-jerkers.

Major step back for Roy Hibbert, who should have dominated Charlotte due to their lack of size. Two utterly demoralizing blocks against probably didn't help his confidence.

I liked Hansbrough's energy tonight. He received quite an ovation from the UNC faithful in the house. That must have been very nice for him.

Brandon Rush had a very "meh" game, but in comparison to his teammates, it was only half bad.

I hope Dunleavy is good when he comes back. Oops, I meant I hope he is God when he comes back.
    Last edited by LG33; 11-22-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't have the energy to even ***** about how bad we were. Barely watched after half time and fell asleep 3 times.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

I'm watching it behind live, and have only watched a few minutes of it, but can tell it was gonna be a loss. The Pacers looked like they could care less out there, and I'm tired of it. This sucks.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

(Stretching real hard to find a silver lining)

At least now nobody can say the Pacers are relying on their high-octane offense to win games.

And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Well, I am glad I didn't watch this game. What a miserable weekend for the teams I root for with the exception being the Colts.

This really explains this team.

We leave everyone with a big question mark.

Down, Up, Down.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

This team still needs a playmaker.

Some one who can create a draw attention... our PGs just don't do that to me.

The only can that can really create is Danny and unfortunately he's not Lebron James, and frankly doesn't have the best handles.

Dahntay has shown signs, but he's usually just creating for himself.

We need someone who can create for themselves, and for others, and I prefer they be at the PG position. A lot of our players need someone to get them the ball to be effective.

I can't wait for Dunleavy to get back, b/c he'll help in some aspects, but I think we still need a better PG. Ford has been a disappointment this year to me. His defense has improved, and he doesn't appear to make as many mistakes as usual, but he just doesn't seem to have that fire that we need from him.

Watson has been solid, but he is what he is and that's a nice backup PG.

I think we need to try and find a way to upgrade the PG position, yeah we're only 11 games into the season, but I don't see that big of an improvement in the future

Even in or wins, Ford hasn't been the greatest. His best game was probably against the Wiz. He was decent off the bench against the Celts, and had a nice spurt at the end of the Knicks game, but that's 3 games out of 11. Need better consistency then that from your starting PG.

Something has to change at that position in my opinion, for us to be a better team

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This really explains this team.

We leave everyone with a big question mark.

Down, Up, Down.
    I think making the logo into a WTF before the ? would be more accurate.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:

I guess I'll have to revise my W/L prediction downwards.

This team CAN be playoff caliber, but it won't if it loses games to the Knicks and Bobcats.

These losses are inexcusable.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post

I hope Dunleavy is good when he comes back. Oops, I meant I hope he is God when he comes back.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

All-Star from Mostar StankoLover216's Avatar

NO BE CONCERN, STANKO SOON COME MAKE MANY BASKET SHOOTING FOR TEAMMATES!
    Anadolu Efes: http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...m?clubcode=IST

Rudy Férnandez: “Será difícil para Pau defender a Barac”

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to StankoLover216 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Half a weeks paycheck down the drain to watch that mess tonight. At least I was sitting exactly behind Roy Williams, though he was like 17 rows in front of me.

Granger ......... 12-35 the last 2 games.

And he's the star ...................

Quote Originally Posted by StankoLover216 View Post

Post of the year.

We really are the same team we have been the past two years, we just have different personnel. We can still beat good teams on any given night, and we still can't beat the teams we should beat.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    We really are the same team we have been the past two years, we just have different personnel. We can still beat good teams on any given night, and we still can't beat the teams we should beat.
    I would say that this is exactly right if, after everyone comes back, we still falter against the teams we should beat. There are so many teams that we should beat or split the series against. Forget championship contender....this is simply the difference between a playoff and non-playoff team. Beat the great teams every so often, and TCB against the teams you should beat.

On another note, there are rumblings among the Hornets these days. I sure would like to have Chris Paul become a Pacer.

I don't think we could have made it without you the last few years. Thanks for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    I would say that this is exactly right if, after everyone comes back, we still falter against the teams we should beat. There are so many teams that we should beat or split the series against. Forget championship contender....this is simply the difference between a playoff and non-playoff team. Beat the great teams every so often, and TCB against the teams you should beat.

On another note, there are rumblings among the Hornets these days. I sure would like to have Chris Paul become a Pacer.
    We have a whole thread dedicated to that. I think a much, much more realistic option is David West.

As I reported in another thread, Slick's characterization of our effort/mindset was "like we were on vacation". That's disconcerting this early in the season in a winnable game. Especially combined with the swoon special against the Knicks last week. That's quite a bit of lethargy in a short span. PG play is absolutely awful so far this year.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

This was all about matchups. Why did Solo or McBob not get time? Let me explain why they are critical in this situation....even though they are not two of our better players.

Granger captured the issue pretty well. "Their bigs probably shot 90 percent, 80 percent from the field,” Granger said.

Well, I will add another factoid. The Bobcats only made 1 of 10 3 pointers, so there must have been penetration and hardly any threat of getting your shot blocked. Against players like Jack and Gerald Wallace and Diaw...that is a very, very bad thing. Basically, our defense at the 4 and 5 killed us. More specifically, no one was patrolling the paint down there.

So...why did this happen?

Here is the problem. Someone had to lose minutes at the 4 or 5 spot because Troy is back now. That person was Solomon Jones...who got his very first DNP of the year! Solomon was averaging 17mpg for the year....more than garbage time. He has been an important role player....playing a role no one else on the team can play...a defensive role where he has averaged over a block in just 17 minutes.

So, what is the bottom line? Get ready for A LOT more games like this one where the opposition's bigs just eat us alive....even when they are as lame as Nazr. BTW, Foster might have helped a little....his season plus/minus last year led the Pacers for this very reason...but don't expect too much from him. I don't think he's the same player he was a few years ago.

This all reminds me a lot of last year where we didn't have enough long, athletic guys to contend with some teams...defend the paint...so people were crying for McBob. Other people wondered why. Now we have Solo...and he was glued to the bench....all while we needed some interior D.

Where is Dale Davis? Maybe he can help.