Thread: Other SG's in the league to pursue?

Default Other SG's in the league to pursue?

Now that a lot of the SG's people on this forum were interested in are signed, how about some players that are below the radar?

How about a player like Jarvis Hayes (Washington)? He has a real nice shot, he is still young, and is said to be very coachable. With a year learning from Reggie, could he be the PAcers SG of the future?

Joe Johnston (Phoenix): I don't know if the Pacers have what Phoenix needs in order to do a trade, but I think he'd be a fine addition to the PAcers.

Derek Anderson (portland): Derek is 30 Years Old; however Derek is also known as a good locker room presence, has a very nice outside shot, and plays good defense. He'd be a nice addition to the PAcers.

What does everyone else think?

C. Neil Milton

Default Re: Other SG's in the league to pursue?

Joe Johnson might fit, but if Kobe stays in LA, the Clips will match on Q and Johnson will not be available, for sure.

I like the potential of Jarvis Hayes, but don't think he is available. He is supposed to be a good shooter but had his problems his rookie year.

Derek Anderson has the same contract as Cro basically. That probably rules him out.

J-Rich has still not appeared on any radar screen, nor have the Pacers, coincidence ?

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

All of those options sound good, but with the exception of Richardson, none seem especially better to me than Freddie. What do you think Bird has against him? Is there something I'm not seeing?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    J-Rich has still not appeared on any radar screen, nor have the Pacers, coincidence ?

I think so.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks

I think so.
    I doubt it.... J. Rich is a starter and "The" fan favorite of their team. I just don't see G.S. dumping him for our bench player(s). IMHO, I only see this happening if we give up a starter. Sorry, I don't consider Harrington a starter. Eventhough, he could be a starter in the right situation, I guess.

...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks

I think so.
    I doubt it.... J. Rich is a starter and "The" fan favorite of their team. I just don't see G.S. dumping him for our bench player(s). IMHO, I only see this happening if we give up a starter. Sorry, I don't consider Harrington a starter. Eventhough, he could be a starter in the right situation, I guess.
    You misunderstood me. He asked if it was a coincidence and I'm saying I think it IS just a coincidence.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

draftcity has a nce article on prospects from europe, including several shooting guards. some of them look quite interesting. worth a look:

http://www.draftcity.com/articles/0057.htm

I DON'T WANT PROSPECTS!!!!!

Sorry. Had to get that out of my system.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!