Thread: DJ Augustin at AS break

Hybrid View

Smile DJ Augustin at AS break

DJ Augustin and Tyson Chandler

Troy Murphy and Travis Diener and Earl Watson.

They get nearly 5M in cap relief, a warm body that can actually play, and get some boards which they desperately need. They also get 15 ppg from Murphy as well. They really need the offense. Earl Watson is a very good sixth man that would be complement to Larry Brown's style. They desperately lack consistent PG play, thus the need for Earl Watson. They have shown the lack of trust to DJ by resigning Felton. Felton is also a player that MJ loves, so DJ doesn't have a great opportunity there. He could come here and get a chance, and probably take Ford's spot next year. Then we have to deal with Chandler. A more injured version of Jeff Foster on speed. JOB may be tempted to play him instead of Hibbert, that I won't like. If Chandler can come in and play PF and C for 50 games a year, thats okay. He'll be a 11m expiring contract, and has almost the same trade value as Murphy.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Default Re: DJ Augustin at AS break

Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DJ Augustin and Tyson Chandler

Troy Murphy and Travis Diener and Earl Watson.

They get nearly 5M in cap relief, a warm body that can actually play, and get some boards which they desperately need. They also get 15 ppg from Murphy as well. They really need the offense. Earl Watson is a very good sixth man that would be complement to Larry Brown's style. They desperately lack consistent PG play, thus the need for Earl Watson. They have shown the lack of trust to DJ by resigning Felton. Felton is also a player that MJ loves, so DJ doesn't have a great opportunity there. He could come here and get a chance, and probably take Ford's spot next year. Then we have to deal with Chandler. A more injured version of Jeff Foster on speed. JOB may be tempted to play him instead of Hibbert, that I won't like. If Chandler can come in and play PF and C for 50 games a year, thats okay. He'll be a 11m expiring contract, and has almost the same trade value as Murphy.

1 - They would save 3.3 million according to Hoopshype, not 5 million.

2 - We are so insanely close to the luxury tax next year, there's no way we do any deals that even add a dollar to our salary for next season.

-- Steve --

never happening

Denied. Larry Brown would never agree to a starting frontcourt of Murphy and Nazr Mohammed.
    basketbawful.com- The best of the worst of professional basketball. And there's a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by himikey View Post
    Denied. Larry Brown would never agree to a starting frontcourt of Murphy and Nazr Mohammed.
    Larry Brown is not the GM. He has no such right. Some could say Murphy is better than a 40 game per season Chandler.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Larry Brown is not the GM. He has no such right. Some could say Murphy is better than a 40 game per season Chandler.
    Yes, Larry Brown is the coach. If you think GM's don't talk to coaches about these things and get a feel for whether the coach wants these deals or not .... you're fooling yourself. Terribly.

-- Steve --

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    Yes, Larry Brown is the coach. If you think GM's don't talk to coaches about these things and get a feel for whether the coach wants these deals or not .... you're fooling yourself. Terribly.

-- Steve --
    He's not the guy that gets the deal done, is he? I'm sure Dantoni wasn't cool with Shaq in exchange for Shawn Marion. He was terrible for them, and I think Dantoni would rather play with a mad Shawn Marion than Shaq.

He's not the guy that gets the deal done, is he? I'm sure Dantoni wasn't cool with Shaq in exchange for Shawn Marion. He was terrible for them, and I think Dantoni would rather play with a mad Shawn Marion than Shaq.
    stop arguing, this trade will never happen in a million years. if this trade were to happen all it would do is make us get rid of Roy

Earl watson is better for us than augustin. Troy Murphy just has to go!. ... but I like Earl Watson. I'm not huge fan of Tyson Chandler either.