Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Knicks Postgame

Default Pacers/Knicks Postgame

Look, a lot of you are going to want to put the blame for this one on TJ. And I'm sympathetic to that... he really didn't play well.

But I cannot help asking what Obie was thinking. It's pretty well-established what our best squad is: Hibbert, Danny, Jones, Rush, and Watson.

We didn't see that lineup ONCE in the fourth quarter. Did we ever see it in the third?

I cannot believe we lost this game.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Pacers/Knicks Postgame

Inexcusable loss. This is one that will bite the Pacers in their *** at the end of the season when they are scrambling for a playoff spot.

who was trying to guard Larry Hughes?

Not blaming TJ, but he certainly should never be playing 33 minutes in any single game. I suppose we are short players, but I don't care if Rush misses every shot he takes. He's better in the back court with Watson than TJ is.

JOb just said Brandon is struggling. Well, I think he's positioning Brandon to get used to coming off the bench so D Jones can start at SG....and even worse...Troy Murphy will return as the PF. That's what is happening here. Yes, Rush had a difficult night shooting....but offense is only half the game folks....and I would argue the less important half. Keep in mind this team just won 5 in a row with D Jones subbing for Murph. Oh, and Anthem you got that right on the best lineup....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am done for tonight boys.... I need a beer or six after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am done for tonight boys.... I need a beer or six after this one.
    Yep, there is really nothing else to do but drink heavily after a loss like this.

This post contains some negativity:

We've had long stretches of dead offense in the past two games, and the Pacers finally delivered the let down game we we're all expecting. If this happens against the Cavs - and I suspect it will - we're screwed. Good teams don't lose games like this. Not against a slumping opponent, at home, and with a sizable third quarter lead.

Danny and Hibbert played well - as usual - and Dahntay Jones was also solid - as usual. We're absolutely going to need more from Rush though, and the lack of offense from T.J. and Watson (who started the streak on fire) is also killing us.

Why in the world would any coach ever give TJ more minutes than Watson?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    JOb just said Brandon is struggling. Well, I think he's positioning Brandon to get used to coming off the bench so D Jones can start at SG....and even worse...Troy Murphy will return as the PF. That's what is happening here. Yes, Rush had a difficult night shooting....but offense is only half the game folks....and I would argue the less important half. Keep in mind this team just won 5 in a row with D Jones subbing for Murph. Oh, and Anthem you got that right on the best lineup....
    Haha what Troy doesn't even play or you manage to bring up Murphy and manage to blame the loss on him hilarious.

Did you see our offensive possessions on the last half of the game? Do you realize that only 3 players scored in the last quarter (Ford, Jones, and Granger)!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Deja vu of last year. Not being able to close out games.

Why in the world would any coach ever give TJ more minutes than Watson?
    Who else was scoring in the 4th? Watson surely was cold.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Deja vu of last year. Not being able to close out games.
    Yeah. Ugh. I left when we were up 10 early in the fourth, and just got back and checked the score. This one hurts. You just cannot lose games like this if you want to be a playoff team. Not at home. I didn't watch it, so I don't know who to blame, but I see TJ and Rush are getting ripped on here. Painful loss. Thank God I didn't watch it.

Not blaming TJ, but he certainly should never be playing 33 minutes in any single game. I suppose we are short players, but I don't care if Rush misses every shot he takes. He's better in the back court with Watson than TJ is.

I really don't get it. What's this guy not doing. It's not just you. I don't understand why people have so much hate for Troy Murphy. I can understand getting angry at TJ's performance in some games, but Troy does nearly everything. I'd figure he's going to be coming off the bench so there would be less hate for him.

Enough with putting guys down. We lose as a team and we win as a team.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    I really don't get it. What's this guy not doing. It's not just you. I don't understand why people have so much hate for Troy Murphy. I can understand getting angry at TJ's performance in some games, but Troy does nearly everything. I'd figure he's going to be coming off the bench so there would be less hate for him.

Enough with putting guys down. We lose as a team and we win as a team.
    Troy doesn't do "nearly everything". He's a nice guy to have around, but he's not essential either, as the 5-1 record indicates.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Troy doesn't do "nearly everything". He's a nice guy to have around, but he's not essential either, as the 5-1 record indicates.
    He'll get us some more rebounds. That's probably the biggest thing we've missed. I know Roy's been rebounding and with Troy also on the floor we'll get double the rebounds.

I doubt him not playing is the reason we're doing so well. Bringing him off the bench can only help.

Well this was a wake up call for the entire team and the coaching staff. You can't take a breather just cause you are up by 19 pts in the third, and on a 5 game streak. Thats exactly what happened. The mailed it in and forgot that they had another 15 - 20 minutes left to actually play. They played the rookie for most of the 3rd qtr, and whether you people actually notice it or not, when he gets to the foul line 4-5 times in a row, the offense complete shuts down and goes out of sync.

I'm speechless with what the Pacers/O'Brien accomplished tonight... tsktsk

Hope to rebound against Cleveland.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    Haha what Troy doesn't even play or you manage to bring up Murphy and manage to blame the loss on him hilarious.

Did you see our offensive possessions on the last half of the game? Do you realize that only 3 players scored in the last quarter (Ford, Jones, and Granger)!
    The problem with your view and a few others is, you only think about offense. You couldn't care less what happens on defense and it shows in your posts. The fact is, we only went on a 5 game winning streak because we put better defenders on the floor. I think we all want the Pacers to win, don't we. Well, Troy and TJ are opposite sides of the same coin...and that's why his name is mentioned here. Neither help you win because neither play decent defense.

BS

B fricken S

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Didn't see the game: had other things to do tonight.

Hansbrough had 14 and 5. That's positive, right?

You just can't lose games like this at home and hope to be make the playoffs.

And Trophy, people are criticizing Troy because he's O'Brien's crutch and screws up the whole flow of the offense.

Didn't even want to see the game before watching the score, but of course league pass drops the ball.

Mood

JOb just said Brandon is struggling.

I don't understand this. In fact, it makes me really mad.

Yes, Brandon is struggling on the offensive end. But he is our best perimeter defender. His overall defense is even a bit better than Dahntay Jones, the guy we brought in to be Mr. Defense.

Coach, if you want to point out Brandon is struggling on offense in the media, fine. But you damn well better point out the great defense he's been playing. If you don't you're sending all the guys the wrong message about how important defense is, and you're discouraging Brandon too. Why the hell should he chase Ray Allen around all damn day if you don't appreciate it?

Alright, yes - Brandon should keep playing hard D even if the coach doesn't value it because he's good at it and it is his job. But wouldn't it be nice if our coach talked more about the positives the young guys bring?
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Banned

can anybody explaing to me what happened(I did not watch the game)

JOB needs to shut the **** up and realize that certain things are best off not broadcasting to the entire ****ing world. It is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    I don't understand this. In fact, it makes me really mad.

Yes, Brandon is struggling on the offensive end. But he is our best perimeter defender. His overall defense is even a bit better than Dahntay Jones, the guy we brought in to be Mr. Defense.

Coach, if you want to point out Brandon is struggling on offense in the media, fine. But you damn well better point out the great defense he's been playing. If you don't you're sending all the guys the wrong message about how important defense is, and you're discouraging Brandon too. Why the hell should he chase Ray Allen around all damn day if you don't appreciate it?

Alright, yes - Brandon should keep playing hard D even if the coach doesn't value it because he's good at it and it is his job. But wouldn't it be nice if our coach talked more about the positives the young guys bring?
    I disagree, I think Watson and Jones are better defenders than Rush

The offense was stagnant most of the second half. No ball movement. No player movement. Virtually never reversed the ball.

I thought the Knicks did a good job harassing Roy in the post with help, but I still can't understand why he was used so heavily in the high post with the size advantage he had on Lee. They didn't hesitate to abuse our weakness catching Roy in the P-n-R on Lee.

It's a team game. No one guy lost us the game, but Ford, Watson, and Rush all have to be more effective and consistent. We go about zilch from the backcourt all around. Bottom line is they got up and they got lazy and sloppy.. Hope they learned a lesson.

Don't like the Watson-Ford tandem.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata