Thread: ROT IN HELL, WASHER/DRYER/WATER HEATER!

Default ROT IN HELL, WASHER/DRYER/WATER HEATER!

All three just died in unrelated deaths. I have to replace all three.

What a pain.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: ROT IN HELL, WASHER/DRYER/WATER HEATER!

Last year, two days before Christmas, and one day before I was going to buy a new home theater system, I ended up having to spend $11,000 on a Furnace/Heat Pump and $1,500 on my car.

Then, just two weeks ago, this happened:

Yes. Yes, I was pricing home theaters, again.

I will apparently go to my grave watching my Sony Vega 36", and my circa 1993 25" in Magnavox in my bedroom.

I try to avoid the "Rot in Hell" thing, because it always seems to decide to kick my *** a little harder, if I ***** too much about it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well that's what you get for driving around with DMB stickers all over your car...

Seriously though, hope everyone was ok.
    Last edited by travmil; 11-18-2009 at 12:46 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

I was thinkin' it. Travmil said it.

Sorry for the damage, both of you.

But, Anthem, aren't you tickled that you can be green and get new energy efficient appliances, and probably qualify for a tax deduction?
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that's what you get for driving around with DMB stickers all over your car...

Seriously though, hope everyone was ok.
    No, that's what I get for having to drive back and forth to Terre Haute every day.

Everybody was OK, thankfully...and I'm pretty sure the 10 DMB stickers strategically placed around the car kept it from falling apart.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    All three just died in unrelated deaths. I have to replace all three.

What a pain.
    If you can wait a week, and are willing to wade through Black Friday frenzy, Lowes will be having a big appliance sale.

For a 2nd job, I picked up a job unloading a truck for Lowes and last night we got in 106 appliances just for it. For the past month or so appliances have been coming in at a faster rate, and they say big appliance trucks should be the norm for another week.

Also a little secret, anyone looking for a shop vac? Lowes will have a fairly large shop vac on sale for $21.45. (I might be wrong on the change, but it will be close.) I'm thinking it is either the 16 or 14 gallon ones, which both run over $100. Last week we got in 120 of them on one truck, and none were on a pallet. Ugh.... I hate truck loaders.

Reading this thread makes me realize that there are some real advantages to renting

Bwahahaha. I have hot water again, and it only cost me $30. A friend had an extra water heater, so I junked my old one and put in his new one. It was a mess, but I got it working and so far it seems to be in good shape.

Time to install his water heater: 10 minutes. Time to remove mine, prep the area, and prep his for install: 8 hours.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Did you put in the down spout that you're supposed to do, to channel hot water down to within a few inches of the floor?
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    Did you put in the down spout that you're supposed to do, to channel hot water down to within a few inches of the floor?
    Not yet. Gotta buy some more pipe.

Enjoy your time at PD!