Thread: Rememeber that IKL/Keeper/ABA league you signed up for??

Default Rememeber that IKL/Keeper/ABA league you signed up for??

It's not just a mock draft league. It's actually still going on!

You may be surprised to hear this, but we make trades during the season and everything.

You may be carrying an injured player, causing you to lose points, when there's a young buck tearing up the stats sheets on the waiver-wire who could help you team, but you won't know if you don't check in.

You may have someone trying to work out a trade with you and wanting to open up negotiations, but you won't know, if you don't check on your team regularly. Maybe you have a counter-offer that might work better for both teams. Maybe you have some trade ideas of your own. Maybe someone took a two day trade deadline break to make you an offer.....but youoll never know if you don't bother to check in.

What? Are you picking up on a certain theme to this thread?

Whatevercoulditpossiblybe?
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Default Re: Rememeber that IKL/Keeper/ABA league you signed up for??

Nice thread a good reminder to all, the season is long, the journey is fun so stay focused and, Be Kind, Log In...

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Starting Sunday I will log onto the ABA & IKL every other day as JoseSlaughter3.

This will count as 3 or 4 visits per week. On the Toys page it will list the most active owners each week. If any owner is listed after me on the list, I'll have some idea of their lack of interest.

Aren't you the clever one? Nice idea.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Man, IKL is great for quick breaks from work. Relaxing and fun, but not the time-vacuum that PD can be. Plus, I'm actually winning games for once!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

And heck, I check in at least (and usually at most) once every morning and I am only the 11th most active owner so far this year. IKL can't be too poorly off.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And heck, I check in at least (and usually at most) once every morning and I am only the 11th most active owner so far this year. IKL can't be too poorly off.
    i too check in once a day for 10-15 minutes on ikl and aba league...yet i'm nowhere near the top...so im guessing people spend countless hours logged into the site.

I love fantasy and honestly If I had back my 24 hour access to the internet i would be in the top 5 most active. I used to go on all my teams 6-7 times a day for 10 minutes each time. I only get so much access now. Just an off year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

For me it's trying to get people to look at trade propositions. Typically, after the evening's games or before I go to bed, I see if there are any injuries where I can snag the next guy on the depth chart (hello Marcus Thorton and Darren Collison!), so that's one. Then I may put up a trade proposition.

The next morning, sometime, at some point, I'll check in to see if they looked at my trade proposition. There's a second log in.

Quite a few times, I'll lowball team a bit, to see if they will come up with a counter. That's where the torture comes in. The offer will sit all day with me checking in from time to time to see if we can start some negotiations....with the tick-tock of the next roster deadline coming. So if I have an extra guy off the waiver wire, I need to see if my trade will come through so I know what to do with that guy.

OR, if I have two trades out there, what one guy may do affects how I deal with the second offer, so I need to hear something (other than just clicking no and giving no feedback on what you're looking for, who's a definite keeper and who can be had.)

That's why it sucks when certain team owners check in one every couple of days, hence my post earlier. (One owner let a trade prop sit for 4 days without looking at it.)

We have one owner who checks in maybe, twice a week. Another appears to check in every other day, so if you don't happen to catch him that once in a 72 hour period, you can't discuss anything.

For me, this league isn't about just checking your scores ever couple of days and that's it.

Check in more than once a day when the opportunity presents itself. You may have an offer waiting on you that really helps your team...or if maybe someone made you an offer a few weeks ago, that now REALLY works in your favor, offer it back to them and see if they'll bite.

I'm surprised at the lack of effort some owners show: carrying guys who aren't doing diddly, turning down offers clearly in their favor with no haggling, not even setting their rosters when a player gets hot. THAT is the fun part to me, tweaking your roster and making your team better.
    Last edited by Skaut_Ech; 11-20-2009 at 07:39 PM.

I check in to the site almost every day to check my scores. Unfortunately, I don't follow the Cavaliers close enough to know Shaq and Andy Varejao weren't playing in the same game. There goes all my centros.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

i couldn't log onto the site today...its not coming up...anyone else having any issues?

EDIT - nevermind...its working now.
    Last edited by bellisimo; 11-24-2009 at 06:06 AM.

it's hard work tho when you finally have a winning team, I hear what your saying Skaut.. when you have a winning team you are so stuck to do something or not and in most cases I am just sitting on the fence..., I love Winning and when my injuries heal.. watch out !..

When you have a rebuilding team there are more options for one to tweak around and scout the waiverwire..

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...