Thread: Nate Gets $10M Offer From Greece; Knicks To Offer Miller 1-Year Deal?

Default Nate Gets $10M Offer From Greece; Knicks To Offer Miller 1-Year Deal?

Newsday has learned that Olympiacos has offered Nate Robinson a 2-year contract worth $10 million.

The Knicks are reportedly giving serious consideration to making a one-year offer at the full mid-level exception to Andre Miller.
    Newsday
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...,2385843.story
    BY ALAN HAHN
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

billbradley

Default Re: Nate Gets $10M Offer From Greece; Knicks To Offer Miller 1-Year Deal?

if the 76ers lose miller for nothing, does a tinsley + foster for dalembert become possible or am i doing some extreme wishful thinking?

Default Re: Nate Gets $10M Offer From Greece; Knicks To Offer Miller 1-Year Deal?

if the 76ers lose miller for nothing, does a tinsley + foster for dalembert become possible or am i doing some extreme wishful thinking?
    Senator I don't think thats unrealistic at all.

in fact dare I say we might be getting a little jaded there.

Dalembert is making like 12.7 Million per year, with 2 years left . Sixers have tried but been unable to move him for over 2 seasons now.

If we could make it a Tinsley/Murphy for Dalembert/filler.....

Because the streets is a short stop
    Either youre slingin crack rock or you got a wicked jumpshot

Notorious BIG - Brooklyn's Finest A.K.A. G.O.A.T.

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Get on the phone now Larry. This sounds possible.

Edit: make that Tinman and Murphy for Dalembert/filler.

Just a question but why would we trade murphy for him? He averages half the rebounds and what 5 points? What would he bring to the pacers other than disapointment.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just a question but why would we trade murphy for him? He averages half the rebounds and what 5 points? What would he bring to the pacers other than disapointment.
    They're more trying to get rid of Tinsley's contract in that deal...

although all three's contracts last the same time...

and Murph and Dalembert contracts are 1 for 1 (in cost and length)... soo thats a whole heck of allot of filler for Tinsely...

In the end, it doesn't make any sense... (Us for swaping Murph for Dal... and them for adding in pieces for Tinsley)
    Last edited by tadscout; 07-14-2009 at 11:52 PM.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Order more copier toner. Haggard's Avatar

but its more feesable to move Foster in this deal than Murph.
    Haggard's Blog: Can't Buy a Basket. Covering the highs and lows of the NBL

Sports Logo Sports Logo

As long as O'Brien is the coach, Dalembert will not be a Pacer. They have some bad history between them. He's a malcontent as bad as Tinsley and he's making twice as much money.

Back on topic... I wonder if Nate the Great is considering playing in Greece. At least he'll have fellow American Josh Childress as a teammate.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It would be wise for Nate to take the 10 mil. He will not get anything close to that in the states.
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Please no Dalembert. I don't understand this board's fascination with him when he is half as good as Foster and has a contract that is 2 times worse. He's not gonna make the team any better at all. If the Pacers find the Sixers in a spot where they desperately need a point guard and Bird thinks he can offload Tinsley, I would rather him try and rip them off and get Jason Smith and Louis Williams or something of the sort.

Sports Logo

I don't know about you....but if I were DreMiller and the Knicks offered me the full MLE for 1 single year....I'd be insulted.

Any Team in the league that is interested in his services can offer him the full MLE.....but the bets that the Knicks can offer is the full MLE for 1 single year?

The Blazers could make a better offer with their eyes closed....geez...we can do better.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.