The next what do you expect thread will focus on our leader, Danny Granger. Although he has improved by 5 ppg each year, last year, the whole league witnessed him turning into a borderline superstar. Danny is becoming the go-to-guy in the clutch, and a guy that has turned into a great leader/face of the franchise. Danny isn't in the commercials (yet) he doesn't have his own shoe line, and he doesn't have the respect from a lot of people. The main complaint you hear about him is that he scores so well because he's on a bad team. That's not the case at all. The pacers have many people capable of scoring 15-20 points on a given night. It's defense that wins games.
Defense is what Danny wants to improve on. Everybody is talking about how Tyler and Dahntay will make us better defensively, but nobody is realizing that next year, we will have a Danny Granger with a bit more toughness on the defensive end. The combination of these three, with an improved Rush/Hibbert, we'll be much better on D this year.
1. Will Danny average more or less than 25 ppg this year?
2. Will he make the allstar game again this year?
3. Will Danny eventually be in the running for MVP? (not this year, but in his career)
4. Do you expect Danny to retire here as a Pacer?
5. Does Danny need to average more assists?
6. What is one part of his game he must improve on to become a "superstar"
7. although i hate to bring the comparison back, Is Danny, Batman?
8. Do you expect to see a lock down defender in Danny this season?
9. What superstar would you like to place next to Danny, not named LeBron or Kobe?
10. Do you expect danny to lead us to the playoffs this year?
and here are the answers to my questons
1. Danny will not average 25 ppg this season. I am guessing around 22 ppg.
2. He will make the Allstar game again this year, but not start.
3. Danny will be in the running for mvp at some point in his career. But he probably will never win it. (PROVE ME WRONG!)
4. I think Danny wants to retire here, and depending on what he does here, he will have his number retired.
5. Danny needs to dish to his teammates more often. I'd be very happy if he averaged 4 apg.
6. He must improve on defensively stopping an opponent in the clutch.
7. He is batman.
8. He will be very close to a lockdown defender.
9. I'd love to see Chris bosh or Chris Paul play with him.
10. Barring any injuries, we will be a playoff team lead by DG33.
and here are his ranks in the league
Ranks #5 in the NBA in Points Per Game(25.8)
Ranks #34 in the NBA in Three-Point Field-Goal Percentage(0.404)
Ranks #13 in the NBA in Free-Throw Percentage(0.878)
Ranks #35 in the NBA in Minutes Per Game(36.2)
Ranks #19 in the NBA in Field Goals Made(571.0)
Ranks #13 in the NBA in Field Goal Attempts(1277.0)
Ranks #4 in the NBA in Three-Point Field Goals Made(182.0)
Ranks #6 in the NBA in Three-Point Field Goal Attempts(450.0)
Ranks #15 in the NBA in Free Throws(404.0)
Ranks #18 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts(460.0)
Ranks #19 in the NBA in Blocks(97.0)
Ranks #10 in the NBA in Points(1728.0)
Ranks #6 in the NBA in Field Goals Per 48 Minutes(11.31)
Ranks #6 in the NBA in Field-Goal Attempts Per 48 Minutes(25.28)
Ranks #6 in the NBA in Free Throws Per 48 Minutes(8.0)
Ranks #12 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts Per 48 Minutes(9.11)
Ranks #7 in the NBA in Three-Point Field Goals Per 48 Minutes(3.6)
Ranks #31 in the NBA in Blocks Per 48 Minutes(1.92)
Ranks #4 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes(34.2)
Ranks #40 in the NBA in Total Turnovers(165.0)
Ranks #29 in the NBA in Total Efficiency Points(1491.0)
Ranks #14 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking(22.25)
Ranks #14 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes(29.52)
Ranks #43 in the NBA in Turnovers Per 48 Minutes(3.27)