Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 196

Thread: Pacers after a Center ?

  1. #76
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Quote Originally Posted by LOCBLB613 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    did you not see what he did to us last year?????? i know i did
    That was one game. Youre not going to base signing someone on one game
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  2. #77

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Foster has a history of back problems, is aging,

    Wait wait, isn't this Bird's 12 mil dollar man!?!?

  3. #78
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    It's probably Mac.

  4. #79

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    It's probably Mac.
    I dont think so,

    Mac is a PF and although he has probably played for us at center, its not the norm.

    Also I think if the writter thought it was McBob, since he was on the Pacers team last year, he would refer to him by name

    Its probably some 7 foot project
    Because the streets is a short stop
    Either youre slingin crack rock or you got a wicked jumpshot

    Notorious BIG - Brooklyn's Finest A.K.A. G.O.A.T.

  5. #80

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...sah-Bonsu-304/

    Pops is 6-7 1/2 without shoes on when he came into the league.....pass

  6. #81

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    You have a better version of Pops in Josh McRoberts, with the advantage that McRoberts doesn't suffer from a chronic shoulder injury. Anyway, FWIW, Pops has been working on his perimeter skills this Summer, especially his ball-handling. I suppose he's trying to emulate Haislip, who is returning to the NBA next season. I doubt very much Pops has that kind of talent though.

  7. #82
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,962

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    I'm hoping for Wilcox. He's athletic, can run the floor, and will contest some shots; and actually has some resemblance of an offensive game.

  8. #83

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    johan petro is probably the only one that makes sense and would be willing to sign and would come on the cheap
    he is very interesting 23 years old, over 7', athletic, he just didnt find the right place and didnt put his game together yet
    would be a good addition in my opinion with a low contract why not?

  9. #84

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Quote Originally Posted by plutarch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    johan petro is probably the only one that makes sense and would be willing to sign and would come on the cheap
    he is very interesting 23 years old, over 7', athletic, he just didnt find the right place and didnt put his game together yet
    would be a good addition in my opinion with a low contract why not?
    Agreed Petro would be interesting. Petrol Petro I mean the guy even comes with a good nickname.

  10. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    302

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    I saw quite a bit of Johan Petro when he was in Seattle. Although he has the size, he really doesn't bring much to the table. He's serviceable and young, so I guess if they're just looking for a backup to play 10 mins or so he'd be worth it on a small contract.

    There's no way Pops is 6-10. Not even close. I'd say 6-8 at the most. I do like him, he's athletic and plays with energy, but he's definitely not a center. We don't really need someone like him with the players we already have.

    I personally still hope we bring Jack back, but if not I guess a backup center is something to look at. Actually, if we didn't resign Jack, I'd prefer to bring Marquis back instead of a center.

  11. #86

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    I think it's Magloire for the vets minimum salary. He had an Allstar year once upon a time, and should be willing to play the minutes available.

    If this happens, I can see Foster being traded. Either for a couple of cheap fillers, an expiring, or an expiring and a filler. The Pacers are looking to stay under the LT the next few years.

  12. #87

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's Magloire for the vets minimum salary. He had an Allstar year once upon a time, and should be willing to play the minutes available.

    If this happens, I can see Foster being traded. Either for a couple of cheap fillers, an expiring, or an expiring and a filler. The Pacers are looking to stay under the LT the next few years.
    Yeah, depending on who it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pacers try to move Foster since there is interest. His value is going to start declining, as his health just isn't good. Unless his locker room presence is too irreplacable.

  13. #88

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wylder1324 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, if we dont match Jacks deal and we sign Price then I think signing a center and a swingman is in the cards. Im not stoked about losing Jack if we do, but nor am I stoked about signing him to a deal that big when he is at best our number 2 option at PG for the long term (although a great back-up he would be) In years past it would be a fine deal, but with the salary cap going the direction its going important bench guys, espieclaly on small market teams arent gonna get that. All that said, my wish list is Rodney Carney and Shelden Williams. 2 young guys that could be had for a little bit of nothing and prob. for something like 1 or 2 year deals with a final year team option. If we were to make a move for a PG how about Marcus Williams, I saw he dished out 17 assists last night in SL. I know the kid has some past issues but who knows JOBs system could very well be the one that allows him to break out. Hell, at worst he sucks and proves all those wrong who cried when we took Shawn Williams ahead of him in that draft.
    you really wanna put AJ and Marcus on the same team again

    Really though, as much as I've respected A.J. after the laptop incident, the opposite is true for Marcus. The Pacers don't want him.

    Indiana is a blue collar type team. Marcus is interested in the flashy highlight pass to the resident dunker. He relies on his talent, and is not a hard worker. And can't guard a chair.

    For as much as Price's leadership and skills led a team of offensively challenged players to the final four. Marcus's team, the Uconn team with five NBA players, and easily the favorite to win it all, was upset in the final eight.

    They are quite possibly the two most talanted point guards to come out of Uconn, but not only is A.J. a more skilled player, he's also a much better leader, defender, and a much more intelligent player. He's got the intangibles that Marcus lacks.

    As I went to Uconn, I like to see "our" boys do good. But I'm a Pacers fan, and Marcus can do his thing on another team.

  14. #89
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm hoping for Wilcox. He's athletic, can run the floor, and will contest some shots; and actually has some resemblance of an offensive game.
    Wasn't he arrested last year?

  15. #90
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,771

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was one game. Youre not going to base signing someone on one game

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:


  17. #91
    Member Granger-Rush09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    DC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was one game. Youre not going to base signing someone on one game
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Simply Amazing

    But Serously, Sheldon Williams is the most sane idea, Joel Anthony was brought up as well.
    Last edited by Granger-Rush09; 07-13-2009 at 07:37 PM.
    OH YEAH WE GOT TYLER HANSBROUGH!!!! WAIT A MINUTE....IM A DUKE FAN

  18. #92
    Member Placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    357

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Sheldon Williams is 6'8-6'9 at best. I like him but he is way undersized for a C.

  19. #93
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,452

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    I'm calling shenanigans on the HoopsHype guy.

  20. #94
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JO was never a C in Indy, now hes a C on any team that he goes.
    I don't want to derail the thread or anything, but I disagree with this. He might have been listed as a PF during his tenure with Indy, but in my opinion he was most certainly playing C most of the time.

  21. #95
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want to derail the thread or anything, but I disagree with this. He might have been listed as a PF during his tenure with Indy, but in my opinion he was most certainly playing C most of the time.
    Didnt Foster play C most of the time?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  22. #96
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a 4, though. He officially measures in at 6'10'' which is borderline for a center, but knowing NBA measures he's probably slightly shorter than that.

    Pops, Mac, and to a lesser extent Hans are essentially the same type of player. I'd love him in Indiana, though. If he is cheaper than Mac it may be better to sign Pops and let Mac go, I dunno. I really like Mac, too, hard decision for me.
    I think he's 6'8, is 1/4 the player hansborough is (and I think Hansborough is horribly overrated on this forum).

    As for who the center is, I join the growing chorus of Aaron Gray as a guy I'd think Bird would target.

  23. #97

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    I vote Zan Tabak or Scot Pollard.......

    But seriously, I wish the Pacers could deal Tinsley for someone like Nazr Mohammed or Dan Gadzuric. These guys could give us limited minutes a game (10-15) and we would just be using Tinsley's roster spot instead of it sitting as dead space. We could then use our money for maybe a better wing.

    Maybe a roster of:

    Ford, Diener, Price
    Rush, Jones, fa
    Granger, Dunleavy, Graham
    Murphy, Hansbrough, McRoberts
    Roy, Foster, Mohammed/Gadzuric

    My guess is that we may look at a guy like Aaron Gray, Magliore or even someone like Chris Mihm.

  24. #98

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's Magloire for the vets minimum salary. He had an Allstar year once upon a time, and should be willing to play the minutes available.

    If this happens, I can see Foster being traded. Either for a couple of cheap fillers, an expiring, or an expiring and a filler. The Pacers are looking to stay under the LT the next few years.
    That's interesting. Too bad Boston doesn't have may assets. Scalabrine (expiring)+Gabe Pruitt (non guaranteed this season) + Bill Walker or JR Giddens + 2nd rounder/cash for Foster would be enough? The Pacers would save almost $2mm this season already and Walker is appreciated by man as a valuable prospect.

  25. #99
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Jamaal Magloire...

    huh...

    I guess it is possible to find a slower center than Rasho.

  26. #100
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,452

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

    Quote Originally Posted by cordobes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's interesting. Too bad Boston doesn't have may assets. Scalabrine (expiring)+Gabe Pruitt (non guaranteed this season) + Bill Walker or JR Giddens + 2nd rounder/cash for Foster would be enough? The Pacers would save almost $2mm this season already and Walker is appreciated by man as a valuable prospect.
    I don't think we'd do that. Look at that rumored Denver deal we turned down and ask if that package is as good. I'm not wild about Walker either.

Similar Threads

  1. Rosen: Pacers shut up Celtics
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 04:59 PM
  2. SI.com article: Slow and Steady Keeps Pacers in the Race
    By naptownmenace in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-02-2005, 01:10 AM
  3. Pacers' nightmare has life of its own
    By able in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 08:36 AM
  4. Mark Montieth: Pacers Q&A, 02/10/05
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 11:18 AM
  5. Star Article, Pacers don't want to gut roster.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •