Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pacers after a Center ?

Default Re: Pacers after a Center ?

Quote Originally Posted by LOCBLB613 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    did you not see what he did to us last year?????? i know i did
    That was one game. Youre not going to base signing someone on one game
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post

Foster has a history of back problems, is aging,

Wait wait, isn't this Bird's 12 mil dollar man!?!?

It's probably Mac.

It's probably Mac.
    I dont think so,

Mac is a PF and although he has probably played for us at center, its not the norm.

Also I think if the writter thought it was McBob, since he was on the Pacers team last year, he would refer to him by name

Its probably some 7 foot project
    Because the streets is a short stop
    Either youre slingin crack rock or you got a wicked jumpshot

Notorious BIG - Brooklyn's Finest A.K.A. G.O.A.T.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...sah-Bonsu-304/

Pops is 6-7 1/2 without shoes on when he came into the league.....pass

You have a better version of Pops in Josh McRoberts, with the advantage that McRoberts doesn't suffer from a chronic shoulder injury. Anyway, FWIW, Pops has been working on his perimeter skills this Summer, especially his ball-handling. I suppose he's trying to emulate Haislip, who is returning to the NBA next season. I doubt very much Pops has that kind of talent though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm hoping for Wilcox. He's athletic, can run the floor, and will contest some shots; and actually has some resemblance of an offensive game.

johan petro is probably the only one that makes sense and would be willing to sign and would come on the cheap
    he is very interesting 23 years old, over 7', athletic, he just didnt find the right place and didnt put his game together yet
    would be a good addition in my opinion with a low contract why not?

Quote Originally Posted by plutarch View Post
    johan petro is probably the only one that makes sense and would be willing to sign and would come on the cheap
    he is very interesting 23 years old, over 7', athletic, he just didnt find the right place and didnt put his game together yet
    would be a good addition in my opinion with a low contract why not?
    Agreed Petro would be interesting. Petrol Petro I mean the guy even comes with a good nickname.

I saw quite a bit of Johan Petro when he was in Seattle. Although he has the size, he really doesn't bring much to the table. He's serviceable and young, so I guess if they're just looking for a backup to play 10 mins or so he'd be worth it on a small contract.

There's no way Pops is 6-10. Not even close. I'd say 6-8 at the most. I do like him, he's athletic and plays with energy, but he's definitely not a center. We don't really need someone like him with the players we already have.

I personally still hope we bring Jack back, but if not I guess a backup center is something to look at. Actually, if we didn't resign Jack, I'd prefer to bring Marquis back instead of a center.

I think it's Magloire for the vets minimum salary. He had an Allstar year once upon a time, and should be willing to play the minutes available.

If this happens, I can see Foster being traded. Either for a couple of cheap fillers, an expiring, or an expiring and a filler. The Pacers are looking to stay under the LT the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I think it's Magloire for the vets minimum salary. He had an Allstar year once upon a time, and should be willing to play the minutes available.

If this happens, I can see Foster being traded. Either for a couple of cheap fillers, an expiring, or an expiring and a filler. The Pacers are looking to stay under the LT the next few years.
    Yeah, depending on who it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pacers try to move Foster since there is interest. His value is going to start declining, as his health just isn't good. Unless his locker room presence is too irreplacable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylder1324 View Post
    Well, if we dont match Jacks deal and we sign Price then I think signing a center and a swingman is in the cards. Im not stoked about losing Jack if we do, but nor am I stoked about signing him to a deal that big when he is at best our number 2 option at PG for the long term (although a great back-up he would be) In years past it would be a fine deal, but with the salary cap going the direction its going important bench guys, espieclaly on small market teams arent gonna get that. All that said, my wish list is Rodney Carney and Shelden Williams. 2 young guys that could be had for a little bit of nothing and prob. for something like 1 or 2 year deals with a final year team option. If we were to make a move for a PG how about Marcus Williams, I saw he dished out 17 assists last night in SL. I know the kid has some past issues but who knows JOBs system could very well be the one that allows him to break out. Hell, at worst he sucks and proves all those wrong who cried when we took Shawn Williams ahead of him in that draft.
    you really wanna put AJ and Marcus on the same team again

Really though, as much as I've respected A.J. after the laptop incident, the opposite is true for Marcus. The Pacers don't want him.

Indiana is a blue collar type team. Marcus is interested in the flashy highlight pass to the resident dunker. He relies on his talent, and is not a hard worker. And can't guard a chair.

For as much as Price's leadership and skills led a team of offensively challenged players to the final four. Marcus's team, the Uconn team with five NBA players, and easily the favorite to win it all, was upset in the final eight.

They are quite possibly the two most talanted point guards to come out of Uconn, but not only is A.J. a more skilled player, he's also a much better leader, defender, and a much more intelligent player. He's got the intangibles that Marcus lacks.

As I went to Uconn, I like to see "our" boys do good. But I'm a Pacers fan, and Marcus can do his thing on another team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    I'm hoping for Wilcox. He's athletic, can run the floor, and will contest some shots; and actually has some resemblance of an offensive game.
    Wasn't he arrested last year?

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Simply Amazing

But Serously, Sheldon Williams is the most sane idea, Joel Anthony was brought up as well.
    Last edited by Granger-Rush09; 07-13-2009 at 07:37 PM.
    OH YEAH WE GOT TYLER HANSBROUGH!!!! WAIT A MINUTE....IM A DUKE FAN

Sheldon Williams is 6'8-6'9 at best. I like him but he is way undersized for a C.

I'm calling shenanigans on the HoopsHype guy.

sweabs

JO was never a C in Indy, now hes a C on any team that he goes.
    I don't want to derail the thread or anything, but I disagree with this. He might have been listed as a PF during his tenure with Indy, but in my opinion he was most certainly playing C most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    I don't want to derail the thread or anything, but I disagree with this. He might have been listed as a PF during his tenure with Indy, but in my opinion he was most certainly playing C most of the time.
    Didnt Foster play C most of the time?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    He's a 4, though. He officially measures in at 6'10'' which is borderline for a center, but knowing NBA measures he's probably slightly shorter than that.

Pops, Mac, and to a lesser extent Hans are essentially the same type of player. I'd love him in Indiana, though. If he is cheaper than Mac it may be better to sign Pops and let Mac go, I dunno. I really like Mac, too, hard decision for me.
    I think he's 6'8, is 1/4 the player hansborough is (and I think Hansborough is horribly overrated on this forum).

As for who the center is, I join the growing chorus of Aaron Gray as a guy I'd think Bird would target.

I vote Zan Tabak or Scot Pollard.......

But seriously, I wish the Pacers could deal Tinsley for someone like Nazr Mohammed or Dan Gadzuric. These guys could give us limited minutes a game (10-15) and we would just be using Tinsley's roster spot instead of it sitting as dead space. We could then use our money for maybe a better wing.

Maybe a roster of:

Ford, Diener, Price
    Rush, Jones, fa
    Granger, Dunleavy, Graham
    Murphy, Hansbrough, McRoberts
    Roy, Foster, Mohammed/Gadzuric

My guess is that we may look at a guy like Aaron Gray, Magliore or even someone like Chris Mihm.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post

That's interesting. Too bad Boston doesn't have may assets. Scalabrine (expiring)+Gabe Pruitt (non guaranteed this season) + Bill Walker or JR Giddens + 2nd rounder/cash for Foster would be enough? The Pacers would save almost $2mm this season already and Walker is appreciated by man as a valuable prospect.

Jamaal Magloire...

huh...

I guess it is possible to find a slower center than Rasho.

Quote Originally Posted by cordobes View Post
    That's interesting. Too bad Boston doesn't have may assets. Scalabrine (expiring)+Gabe Pruitt (non guaranteed this season) + Bill Walker or JR Giddens + 2nd rounder/cash for Foster would be enough? The Pacers would save almost $2mm this season already and Walker is appreciated by man as a valuable prospect.
    I don't think we'd do that. Look at that rumored Denver deal we turned down and ask if that package is as good. I'm not wild about Walker either.