Thread: Missing UVA Student Echoes Lauren Spierer

Default Missing UVA Student Echoes Lauren Spierer

I was going to post this in the long ago Spierer thread but it was locked.

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/loca...erer/15910395/

Also, Holly Bobo's(disappeared around the time of Lauren) from Tennessee remains were found and two guys are being charged with her murder with possible death penalty. Let's hope the Spierer family eventually gets answers as well.

Default Re: Missing UVA Student Echoes Lauren Spierer

Anybody want to comment on their own personal theory as to what happened to Lauren Spierer?

She was out with someone that wasn't her boyfriend. These type of things typically are committed by boyfriends or husbands....
    Jealous boyfriend would be a legitimate motive.

Without more information, it's not that far-fetched to think it could've happened that way.

I've always thought he quickly jumped to the conclusion she was missing and needed police involved. Especially when you consider nothing has ever been mentioned how he knew she hadn't been back to her apartment, slept, and left for the day? Once he found out her phone had been lost at the bar it easily explained why she wasn't answering it. How'd he know she wasn't out looking for it that afternoon? Or out to lunch or a late breakfast? Or shopping for a new phone..... Or getting some hangover meds.... visiting with friends.... etc..... His timing seemed odd to me.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She was out with someone that wasn't her boyfriend. These type of things typically are committed by boyfriends or husbands....

Without more information, it's not that far-fetched to think it could've happened that way.

I've always thought he quickly jumped to the conclusion she was missing and needed police involved. Especially when you consider nothing has ever been mentioned how he knew she hadn't been back to her apartment, slept, and left for the day? Once he found out her phone had been lost at the bar it easily explained why she wasn't answering it. How'd he know she wasn't out looking for it that afternoon? Or out to lunch or a late breakfast? Or shopping for a new phone..... Or getting some hangover meds.... visiting with friends.... etc..... His timing seemed odd to me.
    I forget all the particulars. Is the boyfriend one of the people that is lawyered up and refusing to talk? Pretty hard to dispose of a body in that area without anybody seeing you isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I forget all the particulars. Is the boyfriend one of the people that is lawyered up and refusing to talk? Pretty hard to dispose of a body in that area without anybody seeing you isn't it?
    It looks to me like the boyfriend has had the least cooperation of anyone. Everyone close to the case lawyered up. While the parents keep saying the boys she was with have not cooperated and painted them as refusing to talk, it's clearly not 100% the case because one of them allowed a meeting to be set up with parents (and I think private investigators too) and did meet with them (this being the last one to claimed to have seen her). Then you read the civil suit arguments and it becomes even clearer that they've talked because there are accounts only they could have given. Now, obviously the parents don't believe them but them not saying what the parents want to hear (admitting guilt) doesn't mean they haven't cooperated or told the truth.

As for disposing of a body (or taking her alive) without someone (or a camera) seeing it happen.... I have no idea how hard it would've been but apparently it happened without a witness or being caught on camera or otherwise this case would be solved.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

Bball, IIRC, the boyfriend didn't report her missing until the afternoon - roughly 12 hours after she was last seen. First, he called her cell phone and was no doubt surprised when an employee of the bar answered it and said that it was left behind. Then he got an apartment key from her roommate and obviously didn't find her at the apartment. After talking with friends of hers who hadn't seen her either, he filed a missing person's report.

http://truecrimezine.com/lauren-spierer-missing/

I don't think that his behavior was particularly odd. The first thing that a college aged girl is going to do is try to get her cellphone back. Since he was able to call it and talk to the bar, then it stands to reason that she should have been able to do so too. The bar likely told him that she hadn't yet called to inquire about. Also, getting hangover meds or a new phone shouldn't take that long, plus getting a new phone wouldn't have seemed like something that she'd be doing considering how easy it was for him to locate the phone. Add all of that to the fact that she wasn't at home, and I'm sure that he was starting to get pretty worried by the afternoon. I think that his behavior was pretty normal.

The guys who last saw her will always be a little suspicious. But if they had anything to do with it, then they literally (so far) pulled off the perfect crime. It means that they would have had to dispose of her in a way that no one has been able to find her for three years, not leave behind any substantial incriminating evidence, AND keep their stories straight for all of this time without a single one of them cracking. I just have always found it a bit hard to believe that these guys could be such great criminal masterminds. Say she OD'd at their house. Then couldn't they have just flushed any drugs down the toilet before the authorities got there? No one could have ever proved that they gave her drugs (if they in fact did - just speculating).

The girl was obviously extremely intoxicated. She would have been an easy target for a random creep who found her to be the perfect opportunity. It's disturbing to think about, but that's what my hunch has always been.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    She would have been an easy target for a random creep who found her to be the perfect opportunity. It's disturbing to think about, but that's what my hunch has always been.
    With some of the young women around her age that have disappeared in the state lately, I've wondered if there's a serial killer running around...
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That white truck has never sat well with me either. I remember that they initially thought the white truck circled the block twice, but then they said that didn't happen. The mix up was blamed on the cameras having different time stamps. So my question is, did any other cars appear on the tape and look as though they circled the block twice because of the time stamp issue? I know that it was the wee hours of the morning, but I have a hard time believing that no other cars drove by during this time. That is one of the most used roads in the city.

Something about the white truck really stood out to them initially.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

BTW the civil suit has been tossed out by a judge. ...Which was the proper move legally IMHO. It simply had no basis and was a fishing trip. Worse, the parents had made several published comments that basically said exactly that (fishing trip) thereby weakening their own legal argument for the standing of the case in the first place.

------

-John Wooden

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Possible new break in the case. Police search Martinsville house:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/29/us/lau...ent/index.html