Thread: Murphy for Z / Hickson!

Default Murphy for Z / Hickson!

Makes all kinds of sense. Murphy would be the perfect 4 next to Shaq... rebounds, stretches the floor, perfect.

Z is an ideal mentor for Roy, and gives us a real Center rotation. Plus he's off the books after this season.

Hickson is a young prospect at PF. I don't know if he fits the Rush/Granger/Hibs core, but he fits it better than Murphy!

What's not to like?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Murphy for Z / Hickson!

Murphy's contract goes past 2010 - I don't think the Cavs will be into that.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murphy's contract goes past 2010 - I don't think the Cavs will be into that.
    I don't normally post in the trade forum, but I was thinking about something like this.

Murphy is a great fit next to Shaq. And with LeBron driving and dishing for that matter.

Cleveland wants to win THIS year. I don't think the length of Murphy's contract would scare them. We might want somebody else with an expiring contract back instead of Hickson.

However, the Pacers might be looking forward to the year Murphy is an expiring contract. IF we are 'one piece away' at that point, his expiring contract could be an asset in a trade for it.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Mood

I think it is a good deal for both teams. We get out from under one of our albatross contracts and get a good player/prospect. Cavs get a good complimentary player that can make Shaq and Lebron much more dangerous by spreading the floor.

If Cleveland was willing to take on Wally Szczerbiak's horrid contract, I think that they would love to have Murphy. Troy would be great as a 6th/7th man for the Cavs, or he could start and they could bring Sideshow Bob off the bench for his energy. They need to entice LeBron to stay around after next year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I dont think they will give up Hickson in this deal, but given the financial relief that would happen here I think you would have to strongly consider doing this with just Murphy for Z.

That said, I have my doubts Cleveland will go that way-especially after just giving Varejao a whole bunch of money. Thats alot of cash spread between Varejao and Murphy.

From what I've read, Cleveland is pretty high on Hickson, so I would imagine that'd be a deal breaker for them.

billbradley

the only thing i don't like is how good the cavs would be